logging certain exercises

Options
Is there a way to add speeds/uphill paces for a treadmill on the MFP? For instance, if I walked uphill
on the treadmill at a 5% incline at 4.0, I have no way of calculating that. Also, the calorie count
on the treadmill seems off from the MFP, although I am trying to guesstimate my actual exercises (I know
I was on it for 62 minutes today, and ran 1.5 miles and walked a lot up hill while using arm weights almost the
entire time). Total was 4.5 miles, but that also doesn't seem possible to enter. Anyone have better ideas? I do
not currently own a HRM (and I don't know how to use one, either!)

Replies

• JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    This is exactly why I'm getting a HRM as soon as I can afford one. Only way to be sure.
  • journeytoahealthy51
    Options
    I always use the calorie count from tm. It takes into account the speed and incline. I do not think it is necessary to have a hrm. Have lost 50 pounds without one.
  • doornumber03
    doornumber03 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I always use the calorie count from tm. It takes into account the speed and incline. I do not think it is necessary to have a hrm. Have lost 50 pounds without one.
    tak

Have to disagree here......not that you haven't been successful, but if you want to get an accurate count on calories burned, then it's so much more precise then the TM. It may take into account the incline and speed but can only get a general guide of calories burned. I have a heart rate moniton TM burn is way off. The problem with the TM calorie counter is that it's not constantly taking your heart rate which is really the only accurate way to count calories burned.