I Did It!!!!! 101 lbs in Less Than a Year

Options

Replies

• zipnguyen
    zipnguyen Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Some of you have already read part of my story but I made my goal this morning and wanted to let folks know that if I can do this you can too.

Last Christmas my youngest grand-daughter sat on my lap and rubbed my belly and said "You've got a big belly Papa, are you going to have a baby?" I had been dabbling with losing some weight, I would walk for a few days and then quit for whatever reason. Well I made the commitment to do it this time, setting the goal to lose 100lbs by Jan 1 2012.

I began by walking only but needed some motivation so I registered for a Half Marathon for June. Knowing that if I pay $50 for this half marathon I am going to do it. So I found a walking plan for half marathons and by May I was joggong some and had lost 40lbs. I finished in just over 3 hrs but when I finished I felt like I could do it faster next time. Right away I registered for another race and started working for that one.

I have ran 4 half marathons, (each faster than the last) a 15K, 3 10K's and several 5K's. I registered for my first full Marathon for April 28 and have already started training for it. I run about 40 miles a week now and I am down 101 lbs from 280 to 179 since Jan 1, Praise the Lord!!!! I hit my goal of 101lbs this year,

I want to say: Thank you for all your encouragement and support I look forward to the post on my status each day and want to be a motivating force for you all as well.

WOW - That is amazing. Seriously. AMAZING. I lost 96lbs myself, but it took 3 phases and I did methodically. You, on the hand, went BEASTMODE and plowed through it in less than 1 YEAR...There's NO thumbs up smiley face... SO THUMBS UP!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's my story so we can share battle scars, whoops, I mean experiences: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/403233-lost-96lbs-and-made-top-10-in-physique-contest
  • angiek941
    angiek941 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! I know you are thrilled, and I bet those grandkids are too. Can they even keep up with you? ;0)
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    You have given your grand kids the best Christmas gift
  • releasetherobots
    releasetherobots Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That's amazing and very inspirational! Congratulations, and thank you for sharing :)
  • brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that motivating share! I started running this fall and am up to 10 miles a week and hope to run a 10k next spring. I know people think I am crazy, being still 100 lbs over weight, but I know I can do it, and seeing you do it, makes me start thinking....half marathon instead. You rock!
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    That is too awesome! Great motivation for me, I've got 35 to go before my weddingnext year and seeing your success helps me to know i can do it.
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    What an amazing journey, congratulations!!!:drinker:
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bro Dave,

Congrats on your success. Been following you since this past Spring and I admire your determination. I pray you inspire others to make the same changes with their health.

• Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! This is very inspirational! :smile:
  • jade_amente
    jade_amente Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome you are a great inspiration!
  • DinaLKeil
    DinaLKeil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You are amazing Sir!
  • aimstein
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations and thank you so much for sharing your story. You are truly motivational!
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Great job..very inspirational and motivating for me to start running which I have been trying at a little...but I think this will be my goal for new year now that I am at goal weight!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Amazing achievment, you look fab, massive congrats to you!!
  • tawanda25
    tawanda25 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration! Wow! And not just the weight, but marathons as well. Amazing! Happy New to you!!!
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You are truly inspirational! Amazing job!
  • autumnridge
    autumnridge Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You have much for which to be proud and elated with your new body!
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Marvelous job but what should be expected your a Kansas boy and hard work is an everyday task.
  • cfelton1
    cfelton1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! If I can only lose my pesky 10 lbs. Keep up the good work!!!
  • kath092010
    Options
    wow! that's amazing! congratulations! You are an inspiration for us all!:happy:

2031374.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!