Options
    Fantastic, congratulations!!!
  • nickymaddiemiasmami
    Options
    Congrats! Great job!
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    You are awesome in your achievements! And don't you love what running does for you and how much more fun life is when you are fit?! Congratulations to you for all your hard work and success!
  • BroDave
    BroDave Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Dear MFP Friends,

Thank you for all the kind words, I hope my story has in some way helped you to realize that you too can do it if you just work at it every day. I plan to continue to work at losing this year, I would like to lose about 30 more lbs and continue running. But my big goal for the year is to learn to speak Spanish.

Bro Dave
  • frogman4591
    Options
    Attaboy Dave and congratulations on your accomplishment!!!!
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Fantastic - you are an inspiration!:happy:
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all of you. I am glad the Lord may have used my story to motivate you or encourage you. Just know you can do "it" if you will work a little each day at what ever your "it" is.

I listed 5 goals last Jan1 that I wanted to accomplish this year.
    Grow closer to the Lord
    Lose 100 lbs
    Save $4000
    Buy my wife a new car
    Write a book

To date I have:
    Hope I am closer to the Lord (hard to measure)
    Lost 101 lbs
    Saved $4400
    Bought my wife a Buick
    Written 2 books (They are ready for publishing)

I did something each and every day to accomplish each one of these goals and look at the results.
    I am working on my list of goals for next year

You can do "IT"
    Bro Dave

Your focus and follow-through are an inspiration -- thank you for sharing!!

and Congratulations on your accomplishments!!
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    You are unbelievable! Incredible... Congratulations on your incredible achievement... WOW! I'm soooo impressed, and I bet your family is infinitely proud of their Papa!!
  • Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • smulokwa
    smulokwa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That is FANTASTIC! God is good!
  • 4afitsarah
    4afitsarah Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Fanstastic! Kudos!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!! I've been thinking about a half marathon but have been a little hesitant to do it. You've inspired me!
  • BroDave
    BroDave Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • allenpearcy
    allenpearcy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. Great story!
  • mzhelaineous
    Options
    That is so great! Good for you hon!! I know how hard it is to lose a lot of weight - I've lost 200 lbs. myself but still have about 94 to go to be done once and for all. I kept hemming and hawing - dieting then going out to eat fast food and sure enough, the weight snuck back up 20 lbs. by December. So I'm back on my wagon and I'm determined that 2012 will be the final year I am "on a diet" and the first year of "my new lifestyle"!!

Excellent job my man!
  • sglatte
    sglatte Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am SO proud of you and inspired by your story. I will have a story of my own personal journey that will be somewhat similar to yours when I am done. But in the mean time, I will use your motivation to help me along the way. WTG. Losing it is one thing...keeping it off is another, so I give you all of the positive vibes needed in your next achievement ahead!
  • sglatte
    sglatte Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You have lost 200lbs? That is awesome. I know that the 20lbs makes you feel sluggish and weighed down, but it isn't how you fall...it's how you get back up that makes the difference. All the best in 2012 and please share any advise or ideas that have worked for you :)
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!! Way to Go!!!
  • jody2807
    jody2807 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you are truly an Inpiration :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!