what you guys doing about xmas?

Options
title says all really :) are you guys having a few 'free' days or what?

Replies

• Generalle
    Generalle Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I've decided that I'm going to log in on xmas day and then just see how the day goes. Definitely not going to bet myself up about the day, if I go over, I go over. I'm going to stick to plan the rest of the days though just in case xmas day I go nuts!!
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I have great admiration for those who can do it within their current restrictions. I have raised my calories up to (-1lb per week) to give myself some breathing room and don't plan on weighing until Jan 2nd!

I'm also nursing Plantar faciitis so I plan to continue strength training but not really push it until then! Hopefully my arches are recovered for me to take on my New Year plan!
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I am going to allow myself 200 more calories a day but for the christmas week I will be using my calories on a weekly basis so some days I will eat lower to allow myself extra for when I want them that way I am hoping to at least maintain
    however this is a journey and we will have to learn to live with such times so if my idea does not work for me I will think of something different for the next time such a situation arises as I want to hit target and stay there this time
  • XtinaHayden
    Options
    I plan to stick to my diet and continue eating in moderation and staying away from sweets and junk. I figure that I will allow myself free days when I reach my goal and working to maintain. Until then, it's diet diet diet.
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try not to go over my calories! Plus I'll be getting a little exercise in since I'll be most likely playing dance games on the kinect with my family at some point.
  • melcpia
    melcpia Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    :smile: Im going to log everything I eat, stay true to my logging. I doubt I will get on the treadmill but it will be a busy day. I wont be pigging out but I wont say no to christmas pudding and the trimmings. I figure as long as I'm honest I can manage it
  • kattydid65
    kattydid65 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am going to do the same thing I have been doing. It's a little easier here, being that I am deployed and have a cafateria to eat in everyday. Here in this nation they don't cook for Christmas like we would at home. Just the normal food items with a label telling you what kind of calories it has along with fat and sodium content. That helps me stay within my range. So far so good. Hopefully, the family hasn't sent any awesome sweet care packages. This will help me be very strong....
    But I have to stay away from the lindt chocolate bars in the shoppette. My weakness....

No free days for me, but everyone deserves a treat every now and then!
  • MoonShadow_1au
    MoonShadow_1au Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    FREE DAY !! I have lunch from 12:00 to 18:00 !!!!
  • will a couple of free days sabotage my weight loss? :( I've been doing so well lately..
  • delilah514
    delilah514 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am taking the weekend off from logging. Then getting back on it. I don't think it's fair to be so restrictive all of the time. I may not lose as fast, but I will get there in the end. I am not going to deny myself life's little indulgences.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Free dinner on xmas eve, free lunch on xmas day and free day on new years eve ;-) The rest of the time it will be "business as usual"
  • claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm having a free month during december.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    portion control. exercise.

plus, my family always has the healthy options - turkey, salad, fruit... although that doesn't mean i'm not allowing myself any pavlova! it's one day, enjoy it!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    will a couple of free days sabotage my weight loss? :( I've been doing so well lately..

No it won't - as long as you get right back on track after your couple of days!! Don't let it become a week or two....it is called life!!
    And also - try and get a bit of exercise / walking in even on those days - you will feel better for it as well...
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'll be having a lunch with colleagues, and we're all making whatever we want, so I'll make something healthy that I want to eat. I'll definitely be indulging in dessert though, and try to log as accurately as possible. If I deprive myself I'll just end up bingeing anyway. Moderation :)
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    No extras or treats/cheats for me.... I am on liquids until jan3rd... so my turkey dinner will be strained cream of chicken with summer savory LOL
    Food and socializing has been something i have had to deal with and adapt to...a person either becomes a hermit or just go and enjot the company and temptation of food while u socialize...took alot of behavioural changing and mindset to be able to accomplish this but i can do it and am doing it and it feels good. I can be around others while they eat and have no problem. even while on liquids i can bake and cook for others no prob. mindset...and determination of my new lifestyle change has put me there and i am loving it .....everything is sooo worth it.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    go-home-to-parents-house-eat-all-the-things.jpg
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Gonna eat sensibly and log everything - eating wasn't that fun anymore like I found out on Thanksgiving so it's not a big deal. I realized that before I used to eat just because the family party was boring but now I'm only going to a shorter lunch-early dinner party vs the usual all day so I don't have to be as bored for so long :).
  • joeygirl72
    Options
    Expecting a hot Christmas here so we'll have prawns, cold meat and salad. Only naughty thing will be the pudding and I'm planning on a walk in the afternoon or at least a Zumba Wii hit. Probably have a beer or two but I think I should be able to get thru the day without straying too far. As a previous poster said....eating isn't fun anymore.
    I'm currently feeling too motivated to ruin it I'm enjoying watching the numbers go down on the scale more than a bar of chocolate or a bag of chips.....
    Merry Christmas to everyone....
    P.S. Do you think we should leave Santa a glass of water and a carrot stick and an invite to MFP? He could use it!
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I will be logging, Get some excercise where I can. Watch my portion size. And enjoy my family.