i dont know what to do with my life

Options
13»

Replies

• catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Since you love the job you have now, take it up several levels along with your salary and check this out:

https://www.google.com/search?q=medical+information+technology&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=
  • iKristine
    iKristine Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Leap and the net will appear. I was in the same boat, working dead end job at Comcast. Then at 28 I quit w/o any idea how I was going to do it to go to school. I just knew if I didn't that I never would. Best thing I ever did for myself. Everything just fell into place once I made that dedication. Trust me, you'll plenty of time and experience to figure out what you want to major in.

The first two years are breadth exploratory generals. Even if that's all you do, it's half your degree and only 2 years for a bachelors from there. Alot of people get their associates in generals, then go back to finish.

It's totally worth it! The experiences you gain are invaluable. So do IT!
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Peace Corps
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    who knows. Im 35 and still havent figured out what i want to do when i grow up
  • Jferg69
    Jferg69 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    work-work-demotivational-poster-1229484399.jpg

Hahahahaha, for some people, most days feel like this, lol
  • jasonrochon
    Options
    Hospice, to help the dying feel comfortable.

Hospice, was needing by my father when he passed away last year from stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

There needs to be great people in Hospice, not lazy and uncaring people, who do not have empathy or sympathy - Very rewarding, spiritually.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    Have you considered being an HCG sales representative?
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I really think you would benefit from going to school if possible. Take a bunch of random general classes in a community college somewhere and see if anything strikes your fancy! Thats what I had to do... 80 + credits later I finally figured out what I want. Otherwise I'd be working in a low paying dead end job. Least the job you have right now is pretty awesome compared to a lot of things that require no education. :) You are in such a great spot though... I'm 23, married, and in the middle of swimming through school and totally know how you feel. Feel free to add me.
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    work-work-demotivational-poster-1229484399.jpg

So true! LOL
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    If you can do the hours, Mixologist!
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Be a bounty hunter

dog-bounty-hunter4.jpg
  • fiveferrels
    fiveferrels Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    get married, have lots of kids and live off the rest of us.
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Join the Marine Corps. :-) I did it when I was 20....gained more in 4 years than most people at that age. Plus, a free education and life long friends.
  • ArnStar
    ArnStar Posts: 44
    Options
    Do you know why you started working in the hospital in the first place? Perhaps that's a clue as to what you might really want to do for a living. Helping others in their time of need is always fulfilling knowing you helped another cope with a difficulty. Creating or manufacturing things lets you see your results, often immediately. Protecting and serving may give you a sense of civic pride and patriotic duty. Teaching others so that they may learn and grow intellectually is also rewarding too. There are many careers to choose from, and like others have posted before, take an assessment test, maybe online or something, and find out what drives you to inner peace and satisfaction.

If you find the right job, you'll never 'work' a day in your life.