How often do you weigh in?

Replies

• Every morning after I work out and before I take a shower! :)
  • mugsisme
    mugsisme Posts: 127 Member
    At least twice a day: once in the morning and again after I get back from the gym. I'm kind of obsessed.

same here. I log in weight every Thursday. I know when I go to sleep how much I will weigh in the morning because of my previous patterns. And yeah, I am also obsessed.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    I weigh in on Sunday morning. It sort of helps me behave on Sat. to know the "reckoning" is in the morning.
    I only weigh once a week because the scale can make me crazy. If i lose weight I want to celebrate by eating, but if i gain weight, i want to commiserate by eating. So, I limit how often I have to face the numbers.
  • myuva
    myuva Posts: 67
    Once a week.....same day, same time
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,357 Member
    I weigh myself every day except today, but I weigh in on MFP once a week.
  • Daily so I can know how much harder I need to work
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Once every couple of months. I threw out my bathroom scale last year because I was too concerned about weighing in every other day. Now I don't worry about the number, just how the body is changing.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    everyday and I only post if I lose..... works for me

I used to do that. I'd only post if I had a lowest low so that the auto update would only post my weight if it's a net loss.

Now I just turn auto update off and switch it on when I enter a lowest low.
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 410 Member
    Several times a day! But I only record on Wednesday mornings!
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Every dang day of the week -- I like to watch that closely. I keep a pad of paper on my desk and write down my weight, including every ounce. I don't log it on mfp it until I lose a full pound.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Every day, but I only post when I've lost. Just don't let the numbers get to you. You won't see a change every day.
  • This seems to help me, too. I weigh every day, but I really only count the weigh in on Monday mornings.
  • Once a week.
  • You should weigh yourself once a week, in the morning, empty your bladder first.
  • flagator11
    flagator11 Posts: 103 Member
    I weigh myself every Tues, Fri, Sun morning. I log the Tues and Fri weigh-ins on the site.
  • I weigh myself every Friday morning, it gives me the motivation to be good over the weekend. Occasionally I check how I am doing during the week but I never record those.
  • Mybabie
    Mybabie Posts: 239
    Everyday,
  • I like to weigh in on Fridays ( before weekend craziness ensues) and all ways first thing in the morning. But sometimes I sneak a weigh in during the week to remind myself what I don't want the scale to read. Some kind of encouragement lol :)
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Every morning (only because I'm mentally unstable when it comes to the scale), but I only count the weight on Friday morning. That way I feel like I can enjoy my weekends, not worry too much, and work towards it again all week long. It works for me. A couple years ago at work we did a "Biggest Loser" and the weigh-ins were on Monday mornings and it was the MOST stressful (and rewarding? sometimes) thing ever. I was making sure my hair was dry, that I had gone to the bathroom 65 times and not had breakfast until after the weigh-in, wearing my "thin material" scrubs- now that's psychotic. Fridays work for me.
  • swilkie1961
    swilkie1961 Posts: 107 Member
    Every morning, after I have been up for 10-15 minutes, naked and bladder emptied out. It seems to make a difference waiting few minutes after getting up.