I am so lost. I seriously need some help here!

123457»

Replies

• What is so hard?
    Set your goals here for a 1lb per week weight loss, log in your food as well as exercises and just eat lean meats, fresh fruits and veggies, whole grains, low fat dairy and drink 8 glasses of water.

Losing weight is actually very simple.

Wow ... I hope you're not a therapist. Lol. Weight loss is not this simple for everyone.
  • duckpond11
    duckpond11 Posts: 197 Member
    hey! I hope you get this figured out - and I wanted to say that I'm so impressed that you haven't thrown in the towel and given up. Firstly, get a different doctor - surely there is someway they can draw blood from you. They sound lazy or rushed. Secondly, I don't think I'd drop below 1200, but don't be afraid of lower calories. I have been doing some reading about fat loss techniques for the very obese, and it seems counter intuitive, but actually the more body fat you carry, the more you can tolerate lower calorie amounts. I read this very interesting series of articles called "Training the Obese Beginner" http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/training-the-obese-beginner.html which details some of the physiological difference between the obese and your average overweight person. In a nutshell, he recommends a lower carb diet (around 100 g of carbs or so), Zone percentages on your macronutrients, and focus on creating calorie deficit mostly through diet with some strength training and cardio thrown in there to get more fit. I have read that circuit training is a great way to go for exercise when you have a lot to lose. Good luck to you - feel free to friend me if you would like some more support - I am using these recommendations right now to see if I can get down to being just your average overweight person some day :).
  • Believeth64
    Believeth64 Posts: 469 Member
    100 Pounds To Lose Challenges:

-100 Miles To March Challenge:
    Steps Today-18.001
    Miles Today: 9.0
    Total Miles Finished: 97.5

-Personal Goal Challenge: 2,000 Minutes Of Cardio & 30,000 Calories Burned In January:

Today's Workout:
    Elliptical Weight Loss Workout, Advance Chair1&2 Aerobics, Zumba Class & Wii Fit Workout-

Calories Burned Today: 1,907
    Minutes Done Today: 131
    Total Calories Burned- 21,600
    Total Minutes Finished: 1,547
    Calories Left: 8,400
    Minutes Left: 453

-Three Pounds Weight Loss Challenge For January:
    Pounds Lost: 0.8
    Pounds Left: 2.2 Left

-Inches Off Challenge For January:(Waist)
    Starting Waist Inches:41.1
    Waist Inches Lost:0
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    There are so many other things that could medically cause you to retain weight, I think you should go back to your GP and ask for a full blood count and check up. I had a severe asthma attack that put me in a coma on life support for a month, the Drs gave me 300mg pednisone(cortisone) for a year to stabilise my lungs, and I put on 5 dress sizes in that year, and now Im really battle to lose it. dont give up. I'm not.

Oh thats terrible, I'm sorry. I took Dexamethesone for 3 weeks and put on 10 pounds. It really made me totally in love with food. That was 4 years ago and I'm just now motivated to get it off. You can do it! Both of you.
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Have you thought about logging for 2 weeks and taking that to your doctor to get his opinion? The doctor might have some suggestions.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member

I don't know what else. I won't get to see my endo dr till the 5th of jan. My GP said my thyroid was fine but I just have no idea.

I thought it was my lexapro. I got off it about 3 weeks ago.

If it really isn't your thyroid, talk to your psychiatrist- it's entirely possible that the lexapro is contributing. it will take more than three weeks for the effects of that to wear off and your body to get used to the difference. someone also suggested bringing your diaries to your doc. that's a great idea- if you can try to see a nutritionist or perhaps one of the trainers at your gym could take a glance for you.
  • Suzanne106
    Suzanne106 Posts: 149 Member
    It has taken me 4 months to lose 11lbs so I completely understand where you are at! I was depressed, anxious, upset, irritated and annoyed that I was putting in all of this effort by counting calories and working out to see the scale stay the same. Finally, I decided to not weigh myself for a while and surprisingly enough the scale finally reflected my hard work. Don't get me wrong, it is a daily struggle and really pisses me off that some people can lose weight at the drop of a hat. Unfortunately, I wasn't blessed with that. I am happy with my progress so far and you will be too. Hang in there and keep at it. Good Luck!!!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I got off lexapro in September. I had a been on it for 5 years and helped me gain and maintain80+ lbs. It took about a month for it leave my system, since then I have been losing about 5 lb. a month with surprisingly little effort. My cravings and my non stop munchies almost completely went away.

Hang in there. Take one day at a time. Good luck

I am so happy for you!~
  • BT1988
    BT1988 Posts: 48 Member
    hey guys, wanted to let you know that i lost 12lbs this week. I started a new diet where I eat 1400 a day and I aim to lose 2000 calories a day in exercise. I feel great. I never feel sick or dizzy or hungry. =)

I BROKE THIS FRIGGIN PLATEAU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=) i am so freakin happy about this