How did you and your partner meet?

Options
xAdrianax
xAdrianax Posts: 269 Member
It is a bit of a random question but i love knowing how other people met and how they ended up together. It also brings back a smile to some peoples faces reminiscing how they first met their partners :)

I am probably asking you guys on here now as I am feeling warm and fuzzy as a young man asked me at the weekend to be his girl with a bunch of red roses, my favourite colour and the first flowers i have ever been given by a man :)

P.S we met on a dating site!

Replies

• Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Like you i met my boyfriend on a dating site :D we lived so close to eachother so we met up half way and took it from there, we have been together 2 years 5 months :D

xxxx
  • RainbowDream83
    Options
    haha! Through a mutual friend on facebook....Talked for 3 months (no, there was no sex lol), lived together for 3 months....then we got married and been together ever since :)
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    I've known him since I was 13 (he used to come over my house with my brother and I always had a major crush on him). We re-connected on facebook and have been together every since :)
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    was invited to a friends birthday party and he walked in and the first thing i said to my friend was that i loved him hahahaha then she turned around and said "thats my brother" and the rest is history.

3.5 years later and planning an engagement ;o)
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    We met in a dart bar. I was chalking (e.g., keeping score on the chalkboard up next to the dart board) and he bounced a dart out of the trip-twenty that hit me in the lip.

"Oh, I'm so sorry-- can I kiss it and make it feel better?" were among the first words he spoke to me.

We've been married 27 years.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I met ex SO as he was picking up cans on the side of the road and I watched with pity in my eyes.
  • abeachlady
    Options
    I met my husband at a New Year's Eve party. I went with a friend and her husband. He asked me out for the following weekend. Three months later we were married. That was 35 years ago this New Year's Eve. <3
  • DrPepperLeigh74
    DrPepperLeigh74 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    On the school bus in high school. We have been together 20 years and married for 16 years :smile:
  • melkadee
    melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
    Options
    It's really ironic considering my current weight, but we met at the gym! :laugh:
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Ahh love these stories so far. Me and my guy kind of met at work. I worked on the boats on the Thames and he worked at Westminster pier. We always said hello in passing. I added him on fb (shh) then we got chatting. He asked me out on a date for the Saturday BUT I got fired on the Thursday. Sad times. So he came round with 2 bottles of wine to cheer me up and didnt leave for 4 days!!! Although we still went on our date on Saturday.

Nearly 3 years and 1 baby later we're still going strong. Had some serious rough patches but we worked through it and I love him! He's leaving in January to go into basic training for the Royal Marines and I'll only see him twice next year which will be hard but I'm so proud of him for following his dream. Now let's see if I can lose the rest of this flub so when he comes home in April there'll be a big change!!!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Online. WoW. True story.
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Met my husband playing an online game. Been very happily married for 8 years! ♥
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    E-Harmony...
    Matched Christmas day, 2008
    First date 1/31/09
    Engaged 4/23/09
    Married 12/19/09

Today is our second anniversary and I couldn't be happier!
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    We went to the same high school and lived in the same town, but he was a few years older than me, so we never noticed each other. One year my cousin brought him along on our family vacation to North Carolina. I had a boyfriend at the time, but I couldn't keep my eyes off of my cousins best friend. When I got home I dumped my boyfriend and started hanging out with my cousin and his friends.... needless to say his friend noticed me too. Seven years later... we have been married for five years and have three beautiful children. :heart:
  • MrsHallum07
    MrsHallum07 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I met my husband when he was 19, he is 31 now, & I am 36. We met through a mutual friend, when I was still w/ my ex. I had just had my daughter & was the smallest I had ever been, & I thought he was cute. Our paths crossed over the years & we started dating in the fall of 2003, a few months after I had split from my ex. We have been married since Sept. 2007 & I am still head over heels in love w/ my husband!!!! Now just got to get the body back I had when we first met, LOL!!! :love:
  • lawmama_
    lawmama_ Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    first day of law school :)
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    We went to the same high school and lived in the same town, but he was a few years older than me, so we never noticed each other. One year my cousin brought him along on our family vacation to North Carolina. I had a boyfriend at the time, but I couldn't keep my eyes off of my cousins best friend. When I got home I dumped my boyfriend and started hanging out with my cousin and his friends.... needless to say his friend noticed me too. Seven years later... we have been married for five years and have three beautiful children. :heart:
  • stcar
    stcar Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Ahh love these stories so far. Me and my guy kind of met at work. I worked on the boats on the Thames and he worked at Westminster pier. We always said hello in passing. I added him on fb (shh) then we got chatting. He asked me out on a date for the Saturday BUT I got fired on the Thursday. Sad times. So he came round with 2 bottles of wine to cheer me up and didnt leave for 4 days!!! Although we still went on our date on Saturday.

Nearly 3 years and 1 baby later we're still going strong. Had some serious rough patches but we worked through it and I love him! He's leaving in January to go into basic training for the Royal Marines and I'll only see him twice next year which will be hard but I'm so proud of him for following his dream. Now let's see if I can lose the rest of this flub so when he comes home in April there'll be a big change!!!

Aww, I love that story :)
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    She hated me.
    I was this thuggish rogue who lived life totally on his own terms.
    And she was a straight A, goodie-two-shoe, shy girl who barely made a peep in class.

This was 7th grade. I was expelled and sent to Juvenile Prison and life went on. We met up at a party - just teens, and I went right at her like no guy had ever done - nobody DARED!
    It must be true; good girls like bad boys.

She was dating a male version on herself - a regular Clark Kent less the superman costume...lol
    I stole her away in a day, and after a hot and heavy 3 months, proposed marriage at age 16.

That was 31 years ago. We have 5 kids, a wonderful life.

Somebody "up there" must like me...
  • igora_soma
    Options
    I love these stories!! :)

I met my boyfriend online right as I was about to give up! This was after a long string of really awful guys!

We had our first date at the zoo (my favorite place) and we've been together over a year now! :)