What's your favorite QUOTE?

Options
"A couple of hundred years ago, Benjamin Franklin shared with the world the secret of his success. Never leave that till tomorrow, he said, which you can do today. This is the man who discovered electricity. You think more people would listen to what he had to say. I don't know why we put things off, but if I had to guess, I'd have to say it has a lot to do with fear. Fear of failure, fear of rejection, sometimes the fear is just of making a decision, because what if you're wrong? What if you're making a mistake you can't undo? The early bird catches the worm. A stitch in time saves nine. He who hesitates is lost. We can't pretend we hadn't been told. We've all heard the proverbs, heard the philosophers, heard our grandparents warning us about wasted time, heard the damn poets urging us to seize the day. Still sometimes we have to see for ourselves. We have to make our own mistakes. We have to learn our own lessons. We have to sweep today's possibility under tomorrow's rug until we can't anymore. Until we finally understand for ourselves what Benjamin Franklin really meant. That knowing is better than wondering, that waking is better than sleeping, and even the biggest failure, even the worst, beat the hell out of never trying"

:smile:

Replies

• jad54
    jad54 Posts: 192
    Options
    "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

- Abe Lincoln
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    "Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
  • y_53kg
    y_53kg Posts: 35
    Options
    "Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Yup, love this one!
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    "Compassion before profit
    creativity before conformity
    spirit before materialism"

Not sure who to quote on this one, but I read it a LONG time ago and it has stuck with me.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    " It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Albus Dumbledore
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Don't you know there ain't no devil? That's just God when he's drunk." - Tom Waits
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Lots of good ones but this one has been the most valuable to me in the last year or so....
    “And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” Anais Nin

Also, this from an old Nike ad...

Sooner or later, you start taking yourself seriously.
    You know when you need a break. You know
    when you need a rest. you know what to get worked
    up about, and what to get rid of.
    And you know when it’s time to take care
    of yourself, for yourself. To do something that makes
    you stronger, faster, more complete.
    Because you know it’s never too late to have a life.
    And never too late to change one.
  • Mikelan
    Mikelan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Its mind over matter, if you dont mind it dont matter
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    "I will not be mastered by anything!"
  • Spruillie03
    Spruillie03 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    As I am flipping through MFP and NOT completing my final homework assignment for the semester, I figured I should go with this one:
    "If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done."

I'm also a fan of "Save the planet. It's the only one that's got chocolate."
    And "Support yogurt. It's the only culture that some people have."

For those of you looking for inspiration "To wish you were someone else is to the waste the person you are."
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    "Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow"
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Eleanor Roosevelt - "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    "Safety Tip #999: Neverever chuk ice at some ones head." --Noah Pongratz

(My son brought this wonderful bit of advice home from school on a notecard when he was 6. I still have it hanging on our refrigerator. Deep Thoughts.)
  • Kdingo
    Kdingo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    A pessimist get's nothing but pleasant surprises, an Optimist nothing but unpleasant. (Nero Wolfe A.K.A Rex Stout)
  • Kdingo
    Kdingo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Don't you know there ain't no devil? That's just God when he's drunk." - Tom Waits

:laugh: I love that!:bigsmile:
  • ellekay22
    ellekay22 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Correction does much, but encouragement does more.
    - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    “Many of us crucify ourselves between two thieves - regret for the past and fear of the future.” - Fulton Oursler
  • AmyW125
    AmyW125 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    "This Too Shall Pass".....even have it tattooed on me!
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    “If there is one thing in life that I have learned about life it is... it goes on.”

Or

“In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on.”

Robert Frost
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Wherever you go, there you are.

Buckaroo Banzai