• luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    "Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none"
    - William Shakespeare
  • papillion05
    papillion05 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    "Never justify yourself. Your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe it anyway."

I have always loved that one, though I'm not sure who to attribute it to.

Also: "Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking."
    - John Maynard Keynes, 1883 - 1946

The writer in me adores that one. =)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    "I'm not addicted to cocaine, I just like the way it smells" - Richard Pryor.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    All this bttoning and unbuttoning.
    -18th century suicide note
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    no matter how badly you mess up, you haven't truly failed until you give up.
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Someone will always be prettier. Someone will always be smarter. Someone will always be younger. But they will never be you!!
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." -Terry Pratchett
  • avaloneternal
    Options
    Of course it's hard, if it wasn't hard everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. - A League of Their Own (I have pulled out that quote many times during my marathons)
  • jdawg1105
    jdawg1105 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Never argue with an idiot, he'll just drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    "You can suffer the pain of change, or suffer remaining the way you are."
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    "Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family, in another city."
    - George Burns
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    "I do not regret the things I have done but those I did not do". Lucas, Empire Records :wink:
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Mine are:

"I'm tough, I'm ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a b****, okay."
    ~ Madonna

"I have loved to the point of madness; That which is called madness, That which to me, is the only sensible way to love."
    ~ Francoise Sagan

Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness,heart, talent, guts. That's what little girls are made of; F that sugar and spice crap!
    ~ I forget :)
  • Jenn638
    Jenn638 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    im just going to bump this.
    mine is... i know its not motivational but i love it!
    Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" -sherlock holmes, by sir aurther conan doyle, quoted by spock. May you live long and prosper.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    "You deserve what you settle for."

"I won't quit to become someone's old lady." - Janis Joplin

"I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a *****. You've got to go out and kick *kitten*." - Maya Angelou
  • ScotsLenny
    ScotsLenny Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    "Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice." Dr. Sidney Feedman ( MASH )
  • outtanms
    outtanms Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    If there is a voice inside your head telling you not to paint; then by all means paint and the voice will be silenced. Vincent Van Gogh

and...

"Always be a first rate - version of yourself rather than a second - rate version of someone else." Judy Garland
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    "it's the worst idea since Abraham Lincoln said "Oh im sick of kicking around the house tonight. Lets go take in a show""

"It's the stupidest thing since Olaf the Hairy, high chief of all the Vikings, accidentally ordered eighty thousand battle helmets, with the horns on the INSIDE."

"Life is valley of woe, filled with pain, hunger, misery, and despair." "Not for me it bloody isn't! For me, life is a big palance filled with food, drink, and comfy sofas!"

""I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."
    "But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED"
    "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic."
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Everything happens for a reason, without reason there would be nothing...