Do you look like your siblings?

Options

Replies

• tyresank
    tyresank Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    misskerouac
    How funny your example are so similar to mine!!
    I am the older sister, I am 5'9" (having shrunk from 5'10"), she is 5'6" (who knows she maybe less now too), I am applie, she is a pear. She is very pretty, and I am plain. We are both fair but I have a red undertone, she does not. In my youth I could tan but do not bother now and as one ages we become fairer sometimes. She rarely gets a cavity yet I use to get them all of the time. But we have similar noses so I am sure we are from the same parents. lol

It is funny, but very natural to be different in appearance. I take after my grandmother on the paternal side, and she likely does on the maternal side.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options

She is 5'10", I'm 5'7"
    She has DDD's, I have A's
    She has lean calves and thighs, I have chunky calves and thunder thighs.
    She carries her weight in her middle, I carry it in my *kitten*
    She has glasses, I have perfect vision
    She has perfect teeth, I'm looking at braces for the second time in my life
    We are both fair skinned, but she can tan, I just get freckles (no tan at all)

It's weird how we both came from the same genetics and are so different physically.

^^this.... my sister is 5'10, I'm 5'7, she is tall and slim and can't gain weight to save her life, very fine boned, looks like an elf. Tho' I think if she ever stepped into the sun she'd instantly burn, I on the other hand can tan. We are polar opposites in every way. I'm a walking disaster living life on the edge chasing adventure and mayhem, and she follows rules and reads the bible... we're crazy different. Our hair is the only thing that looks the same. We've put a stop to that too. haha.
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I have 3 brothers and yes we all look similar. The two youngest and I (I'm the oldest) all have the same coloring and people can definitely tell we're siblings. The oldest of the boys doesn't look exactly like us, different coloring but you can tell he's related.
    Now my kids also look alike and since I have a mine, his and ours people even assume my step son is biologically mine since he looks so similar to my youngest daughter (my husband is both of their father) and the youngest looks very much like her oldest sister, my daughter from a previous marriage.
  • moosenbratsmommy
    Options
    my kids get asked if they are really siblings all the time (look at them in my ticker- yes they are all blood related- i had them myself lol)

as for my own siblings-
    big sister and middle sister are about the same height, i am about 3 inches taller, lil bro is about 2 inches taller than me
    we all have dark hair and dark eyes
    but as for looks: big sister looks identical to 2 of our cousins, middle sister looks like dad and i look exactly like my mom- lil bro takes after his mom's family
    as for body types: lil bro and i took after my dad's side of the family... well, my dad's paternal side- wide and thick... don't know where big sister got her very large but very muscular shape from and middle sister looks like mom used to look in her 20s
    but one thing no one can take from us 3 girls- very very large breasts (i think lil bro is thankful he doesn't have the same mom hahahaha)
  • brybre0413
    brybre0413 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    No, nothing like my brother...
    he is 5'10
    dark hair and eyes and complexion

I am 5'7
    red hair, green eyes and white....

The only thing we have in common is weight and believe me it is not in the same places!!!!!lol
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Yes. I look more like my oldest brother where my sister looks more like my other brother. But we all look like one of our parents or a grandparent.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    No I was adopted :)
  • Soon2BeMrsThomson
    Options
    We are the spitting image of each other except she has stayed with the natural blonde hair and I dye mine dark brown!! Both look like a mix of Mum and Dad and if were all together you can't half tell were from the same family!!
  • ashley516
    ashley516 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    No way.

Him: tall, skinny, blonde hair, blue eyes

Me: short, fat, brown hair, brown eyes.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    We look so much a like that ppl that often think that his children are mine.
  • Makethefatcry12
    Makethefatcry12 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My only full blood sibling is my older sis. She is 6 years older than me. She is about 5'4, has thick dark brown hair, light freckles, perfect vision and carries her weight in her belly and butt but has thin legs.

I am 4'10,thin blonde hair, no freckles, I have glasses and I carry my weight in my belly and legs and I have no butt lol

Plus, we are totally different personality wise. I am way more mature and she is stuck at the age of 16 mentally. She has 3 kids and is very unstable as a parent and in relationships. I have 2 children and have a stable marriage.

Crazy how different two people who came from the same parents can be.
  • lackie09
    lackie09 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have an older brother that is about 5'10'' with blond hair and blue eyes and very fair skin all through life he was skinny till now... I am the middle child who is 5'4'' dark brown hair and dark brown eyes always been chubby... then I have a younger brother who is 6'4'' and still growing who has blond hair and blue eyes also... I got the Native American traits while my brothers got the German traits. Only thing we have in common is that we love joke around lord what fun times we have when you get us all together... seriously never a dull moment
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Interestingly, yes-- considering he's adopted!
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    My sister & I vaguely resemble each other. At first glance, though, it's not obvious.

Her:
    5'9, 5'10? (i hate her for that alone)
    light brown hair
    crystal blue eyes
    skinny minnie with an athletic, boyish shape.
    perfect vision (or so she claims, I don't believe her, lol)

Me:
    5'6
    dark brown, almost black hair
    bluish-green eyes
    curvy with a disposition to fat.
    blind as a bat since 2nd grade.

She tans easier than I do and retains it longer. We both have small boobs, though.

She looks more like my mom's side of the family, whereas I look like an exact replica of my dad's sister.

But like I said, if you look closely, you can see that we're related. We have the same chin, same nose, forehead, and we both have a small brown freckle directly in front of our left ear.
  • mom24princesses
    Options
    I look nothing like my siblings however we are all half and step siblings so that can account for it. My husband and his sister get mistaken for twins all the time. I find it interesting how one set of siblings can look almost identical and another complete strangers. Our four daughters look nothing alike as well. They are all close in age and when I take them out people think they are just friends. They are starting to have the same teachers in school and at the dance studio and people are shocked to hear they are sisters. The dance teacher they have didn't realize they were related for the longest time. Between not looking anything alike and their different personalities I can see how most people think they were raised in different homes. Sometimes I stare at them and wonder how the heck four girls from the same parents can look and act so different. Their individuality and uniqueness is what I love about them. My oldest looks like her dad, the second doesn't look like anyone in the family, the third looks like me, and the fourth is a mixture of a bunch of people in the family but looks like no one if that makes any sense. lol
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Here is a brain buster - I am my parent's only biological child, however I have an adopted sister. She looks more like my parents than I do... CRAZY!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Here is a brain buster - I am my parent's only biological child, however I have an adopted sister. She looks more like my parents than I do... CRAZY!
    My son looks more like my husband, who is not his biological father, than he looks like me (which, I admit, is not saying much - he looks almost nothing at all like me)...
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    No. My older sisters always told me I was adopted. I look too much like my dad to ever believe them though. :)
  • jeannec3631
    jeannec3631 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    none of my siblings looks alike...we all have different eye colors, hair colors & skin colors...go figure! but we do all have great teeth & hair! & sarcastic as what!!! God is just very creative
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    My brother absolutely looks like the masculine version of me, & me the feminine version of him. I love it, we are close in age, and growing up people would ask if we were twins (even though that doesn't make any sense. LOL).

Why doesn't that make sense? My brother and sister are twins. What doesn't make sense is when people ask me when my sister's birthday is, and then when my brother's birthday is and think I'm crazy when I say the same day.

My sister is a good mix of both sides, but a little more of my Dad's side. My brother looks a lot like my Dad, but is built like the guys on my Mom's side. I look JUST like my Mom, but actually a little more like her mom, because Mom has a lot of her dad in her that I don't have, too.

Now, we ACT a lot alike, so no one really questions our relation :)
    Ididn't explain that well, I just meant that people would say "you must be twins" because they thought we looked more alike than a typical brother and sister pair. If we were twins, one male one female, we would be fraternal obviously... And fraternal twins are no more likely to look alike than any other siblings, kwim? That's all. :)

I get what you're saying. That reminds me, sometimes when people find out I have a twin brother and sister, they'll ask if they're identical...Sometimes I'm speechless.