What's on your menu for Christmas??!!

Options

Replies

• KariePerez
    Options
    Well the way I see it if I tell myself I CAN'T have something I am going to want more of it sooooo. I am going to have at least a bite of everything! Not too much and just enough to say I had it.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Tamales
    - Pork in red chile
    - Jalapenos with cheese
    - Sweet ones with pineapple, raisins and coconut
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    were having fajitas:smile:
  • tshahady
    tshahady Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Prime Rib, Honey Baked ham, Kale, roasted root veggies, Mac-n-cheese, lots of desserts and booze!
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    love mexican food
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Japanese buffet. LOL I'm serious my husband and I have no friends/family here but we found an awesome japanese buffet/sushi bar/mongolian grill and they have a surprising array of grilled/steamed veggies, brown rice, noodles, and fresh meats and seaoods. It should be a nice night out without totally blowing our eating (as long as we avoid the fried foods).
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Tamales
    - Pork in red chile
    - Jalapenos with cheese
    - Sweet ones with pineapple, raisins and coconut

YUM! Got room for one more LOL
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Since it's at our house - ham, super-awesome hawaiian sweet rolls and the wife has some brussell sprout and broccoli casserole she was in Good Housekeeping or some other magazine like that. Rumor has it that my in-laws are bringing over a standing rib roast on top of it all.

If we were going to my parents' or one of my siblings' houses, we'd be deep frying a turkey and having all the traditional turkey accoutrement with it (sausage stuffing, sweet potato casserole, etc.)

Either way, much like Thanksgiving, Christmas day is not a day for calorie counting :smile:
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Hot Pockets
    Twizzlers
    Bacon
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    christmas eve wth my mom- red sauce lasanga and white sauce lasanga. Assorted Apps and deserts and i plan on having small portions of all

christmas day with my dad- Ham, Turkey potatoe salad and pasta salad this is like 1pm

I am so excited, I am like a kid when it comes to Christmas
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Tamales on Christmas Eve, but we're planning on making this little gem on Christmas Day: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/360696-if-you-re-a-fan-of-crockpot-cheeseburgers

Still debating whether we'll add the pepperoni this time or not, and whether we'll use macaroni or tater tots.

:love:
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    In my family we have the same every year

Starter:
    Homemade vegetable soup

Main Course:
    Turkey
    Orange Glazed Ham
    Roast potatoes
    Mashed Potatoes
    Mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, brussels sprouts)

Dessert:
    Sherry Trifle

After dinner:
    Copious amounts of alcohol.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    A whole lobster.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it will be a big bowl of "Mom visiting too long with that damn yappy little dog", a huge plate of "Entertaining said relative that talks wayyyy too much", a side of "why is our son ALWAYS late to breakfast/dinner/whatever & why are his eyes so red?" followed with a dash of humility because you realized that you may have had a bit too much eggnog.

I actually am looking forward to it.
  • entranced
    Options
    Turkey and HAM.
  • Katielou112
    Katielou112 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    ahhh I love Christmas dinner!

I always have some sort of breaded cheese with cranberry sauce to start, omg it is so good. My mum and Dad have fish but I'm not really a fishy fish person ( I like tuna and salmon) so I stick with the cheese :). After that turkey, roasties, and my mum's roasties are the BESTTTTTTTTTT, asparagus, crackling, gammon for mum and dad but blergh not me, broccoli, carrots, green beans, yorkshire puddings of course and gravy and bread sauce - mmmm love bread sauce.

My mum and Dad will have something like tiramisu, I'll have cheesecake or something and mum and dad will have xmas pud later but euch not me. Then cheese and biscuits way later with a film :) oh and throughout the day we'll have champagne and snowballs (advocaat and lemonade) I frikkin LOVE snowballs - so fattening though :(

Haha sorry for the rant I'm pratically salivating now I can't wait, love Christmas :)
  • Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'll be home alone for Christmas (all my family is in Texas and my hubby's deployed) so ummm...vodka sounds good to me. Just kidding though, I'm going to make my own self a little Christmas dinner with salmon, spinach tomato salad, fruit salad, and a cake bite..they're like the homemade version of Starbucks cake pops...my mom was making them years before Starbucks xD
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    If it were up to me, I'd eat Kringle all day. KRINGLE!
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Christmas morning breakfast will be a large glass or two of Bucks Fizz, croissants, fruit salad platter and yoghurts - sausages and bacon for the meat eaters. Then this year we decided to have Christmas lunch out as I didn't want leftovers lying around the house for days on end!

In Dubai they have a terrible thing for healthy folk called Friday Brunch, all the hotels do a 4 hour all you can eat and drink marathon buffet each and every Friday, and some evenings and of course special occasions! They do it soo, soo well! So, we're going to a restaurant that serves a buffet with 7 live cooking stations plus a traditional christmas food one. My Christmas lunch will probably consist of salads, I'll definitely have some bread and suffer the consequences later, and some Italian food, followed by several small deserts and copious amounts of fizzy stuff!! We're having lunch with my inlaws (lovely people), friends (lovely people) and my friend's mother in law (nightmare!!) so we will all doubtless have too much fizzy stuff!
    My husband bought a tonne of biscuits and goodies from Marks and Spencer so no doubt after lunch we will come home get into our lounging clothes, pop a few christmas films on and start making our way through some of that. I'll try to be as good as I can but, I'll have a day where I'm not stressing too much about what I eat....I'll probably log it just to know what I've had, but it may take me half the evening..............................

So excited already.....only 5 more days!!!!!
  • Cathleenr
    Options
    just so everyone knows...
    i am SO stopping by all your houses.....so.....plan accordingly!