Laughing cow cheese wedges

Options
124»

Replies

• maestramom
    maestramom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    These little treats are the best! I speard garlic and herb cheese wedge on my Smart and Delicious tortilla then add 2 egg whites plus 1 whole egg omelette with spinach and mushrooms. Everything goes in the tortilla I top it off with fresh pico de gallo...and thats my breakfast burrito. I eat that every morning! Total of 236 calories, 21 carbs, 10 grams fat, and 25 grams of protein.
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    slice in to smaller wedges and wrap in deli turkey. pound out chicken breasts and then wrap chicken and turkey bacon around it.
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I mix it with sauteed spinach to get a lighter version of a 'creamed spinach'.
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    All of these sound good but mostly I just like to eat it right out of the triangle package!
  • Sieggie
    Options
    Every morning at work I toast two slices of Pepperidge Farm Light Wheat (45 calories/slice) spread on wedge on each piece of toast, top it with tomato slices and voila it's delish and holds me until lunch time!
  • Jesusinme4life
    Jesusinme4life Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Awesome ideas here I have to try. I originally bought it as a replacement for regular cheese when I made a lean burger and it was awesome. I used the french onion one and added some mushrooms, it was delish:smile:
  • UnderCoverShyGirl
    UnderCoverShyGirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I love these too - even though they kinda aren't "food" (aka they are so processed) but honestly, it has pretty much enabled me to not "need" to eat cheese the way i used to...totally satisfies cheese cravings for me. I use them in anything and everything like most mentioned here, though did hear some great new ideas (alfredo - brilliant!!).

I do wnat to mention that i always see them in the refrigerated section of the "fancier" cheeses....but honestly, i have no idea why because these babies actually don't need refrigeration...because they are so processed (think velveeta or cheez whiz) they can last on the shelf and in fact are often used to take to impoverished people on mission trips....just an interesting factoid LOL
  • try2basunbeam
    Options
    micro a bunch with canned chicken and serve hot on crackers

mix one with a tbsp. sour cream, tablespoon parmesan, and mix over shiriaki noodles (105 calories for a plate of mac and cheese)

mix one in a mug with an egg (or 1/2 cup egg subs.) for a quick fluffy omelete --can mix in veggies and other spices too
  • FinallyFindingLisa
    FinallyFindingLisa Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Oh these all sound so good!!! Bump!!
  • kmjenkins
    kmjenkins Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I love them and use them in alot of things...mashed potatoes, chicken cordon bleu, most any stuffed meat that I make gets stuffed with a mixture of veggies/greek yogurt/laughing cow, english muffin pizzas, tortilla rollups, pizza egg rolls, use instead of mayo, chicken/broccoli casserole, really just anything that you are looking to add some cheesy flavor too with few calories.
  • taramhouston
    taramhouston Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Mini pizzas (makes two pizzas)
    1 Thomas Light Multi-Grain English Muffin
    1 Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss Cheese Wedge
    6 slices Armour Turkey Pepperoni 70% Less Fat
    1/8 cup tomato sauce (such as Grandessa Signature Four Cheese Italian Classic Sauce)

Spread Laughing Cow cheese wedge on each side of english muffin, top with tomato sauce and pepperoni, and heat in toaster oven until crispy.

Nutrition Information
    Calories: 184
    Fat: 6g
    Protein: 11g
  • mbar12
    mbar12 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I spread one wedge on two rosemary Wasa flatbread crackers - the rosemary with the swiss cheese is heavenly.
  • runiechica
    runiechica Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    this topic is awesome I love laughing cow cheese! Even though the sodium often kills my totals, they are delicious and can replace so many other things for me (mayo, higher cal cheese etc!)
  • Renee2GetFit
    Renee2GetFit Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I've tried many of the things folks have been saying here. My two latest creations - one wedge mixed with one serving of fresh crabmeat and a dash of hot sauce. Makes enough to fill 5 wonton wrappers to bake into a "lighter" version of Crab Rangoon. Or one wedge mixed with a bit of shredded chicken - also makes enough to stuff 5 wonton wrappers that can then be boiled for a tasty ravioli.

Now that just sounds too yummy!!! I will so try that.
  • lorlor1402
    Options
    Not sure if this is a british snack as no-one has mentioned it but Laughing Cow (maybe 2 or even 3 triangles) thrown into some hot baked beans and melted is a yummy, healthy and filling snack! x
  • whalertly
    Options
    I love them, they satisfy my protien crave after working out, with rather little in calories