NEED MOTIVATION BAD, FEEL LIKE GIVING UP

Options
2»

Replies

• coliechacer
    Options
    well that was nice of him to say. my boyfriend says things like that but it still doesnt help the way i feel when i look in the mirror lol
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    well that was nice of him to say. my boyfriend says things like that but it still doesnt help the way i feel when i look in the mirror lol

Why is it that when someone tells us sometihng we don't believe it? You got a keeper!:smile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    So I started MFP in january, i thought i was on the right track, i invested in a food scale and started to
    count cals. In the beginning i lost 3lbs and was excited (im 5'0", 144.5lbs as of today). I wanted to lose atleast 10lbs. I know you cant lose where you want but my main issue is my stomach i'm very sub
    concous of it (1 have 4 kids, 31yrs old), anywhoo, this morning after weighing myself and seeing
    im not losing anything not even inches i felt like just giving everything up, no more counting cals or anything. I was thinking of a tummy tuck but i know i cant afford that, so now I find myself starting
    to be depressed all over again. Any advice would really be greatful.
    But ..but it's only February!:noway: Did you gain it all overnight? No:noway: Patience my dear will KEEP it off, impatience will make one crazy and do foolish things to try and get it off more quickly than is healthy. Then it'll come right back on and more!:noway: :grumble: :flowerforyou:

Hold up a moment...you only need to lose 8 lbs? Oh well someone should definitely share with you if you haven't already heard from someone up above.... that is a small amount of weight so it will take some time to get it off. The less to lose the longer it takes to take those remaining lbs off. You can do strength training and tone up but with 8 lbs left you might want to drop your goals to 1 lb a week and most likely you won't hit that but you will be getting enough cals for the workouts you're doing plus add weights if not currently doing them. Cardio is great but nothing like toning the body with strength training Hon:flowerforyou:

That's more likely when you'll see the results you're looking for, remember there is no such thing as spot reducing so keep that in mind and just plow forward and eat healthy. It's not all about lbs., it's actually about better health and being able to keep the lbs. off once we drop them. :happy:

FC:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    20 Views and NOONE is supporting/helping SuperMom:explode: ?!!! (besides Bug263)
    Are you all so into your silly chat/fun threads:angry: that you have forgotten why you're all here:grumble: ???

Anyway:ohwell: ,
    Are you exercising?? You didn't mention that. In order to lose the belly fat, you need to do cardio, cardio, cardio. The tummy is the first place the weight goes to and the last place it will go from.
    keep going, make sure you DRINK WATER!! Keep counting your calories and if you do exercise, eat those calories too.
    and with 4 kids, if you're an unlucky one like me.... your belly will never be like it was! I too, will need a tummy tuck, but can't afford it. Don't worry, or rush it.
    It takes time. It didn't take you 2 months to put the weight on, don't expect it to come off that quickly!
    Good luck, take it one day at a time, don't give up!
    Jennifer
    hey thanx for the props! kudos! yeah cardio is awesome for the stomach especially jogging or running it's the fastest way to get rid of the "belly" sorry i didn't put that in before:tongue: also core strengthening exercises work too just not as fast!

EDITING!
    obviously a couple more people chimed in while I was typing, so above does not pertain to you!!:blushing:
    :huh: