Did You Lose Weight for something or someone?

Options

Replies

• TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    The "something" would be my obsession with cute/trendy dresses and the best ones are usually a smaller size than I currently was. I can fit into many of them now, but have different physical goals now that will aide in my motivation to keep losing. :-)
  • dayylight
    Options
    I'm just trying to get my life together and this is part of it. It's for me - I'm selfish. ;)
  • Prettyasmi
    Options
    I am losing weight 50% for my husband and rest 50% for myself :)
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    All for me, im so unhappy with myself.
    Im like my own bully, pointing out the clothes i could wear, or the people i could look like, reminding myself constantly how happy i could be.
    And one day i will get there!
    I just struggle so much with sticking to something like a diet. =/
    But one day i will get there, my happiness is the thing that pushes me there.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Completely for me, myself and I :tongue:
  • bademasi
    bademasi Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am doing this for myself. To feel good when I look into the mirror and see myself healthy and happy! :heart:

12908857.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I lost weight for me first and foremost.....but I lost weight so I would die in my 30's of a heart attack or something and leave my kids without a mother.
  • Vipecap
    Vipecap Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Myself.

The two reasons that caused it:

1) My father developing NASH because of a fatty liver from being severely obese

2) Seeing the doctor's scale read 301

*Thankfully 9.5 months later that scale was about 115lbs lighter :)
  • wittlewacey
    Options
    For myself, I really need a change. Ever since I was a child I would have fast food at least three times a week and failed to gain any weight, despite the fact I was underweight already. I finally reached a normal size when I was fifteen, and over the last year I've realized I need to change my eating and fitness habits. I'm aiming at toning my body and transitioning into a healthier lifestyle.

I also feel extremely determined to accomplish my goals for the sake of the triumph. I've been put down so many times by best friend and brother, who both have stick figures and a fast metabolism.

I'm ready to gain my confidence back :)
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    small fortune invested in my pre pregnancy wardrobe. done.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    First and foremost, I did it for myself. But I'd be lying if I said there weren't outside factors.

I have a degree in theatre. When I was in college, I knew lots of actors and dancers, who were all immensely attractive and skinny. We always joked everyone at my school was attractive, so it gave off this weird, fake impression that everyone in the world is super hot and I'm only average, when really we just had more hot people per capita than normal. That was made very clear when you stepped foot off campus, ha. But now even as a theatre professional, most of the people I work with are good look and work very hard to be so.

On a similar note, I was also in a sorority in college, and I had so many beautiful, fit sisters. They truly inspired me to want to take better care of my body and present myself better. They also inspired my desire to start dressing like a grown up rather than just bumming around in jeans and tshirt every day. I'm very thankful for them, because while no one every told me I should lose weight, they remind me I can be better. Our motto is "Together let us seek the heights" and I am now trying to do that for my physical body.

Also, I really want to wear skinny jeans. That's silly and arbitrary, but I really want.

I think those are the big reasons outside of just wanting more confidence and to better love and be proud of my body.
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    :| <.< Couple dirty moves I always wanted to try. and I've always wondered if my boyfriend hasn't proposed to me because of my size.
  • krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    AUGH I'm such a mess. I think I'm doing it because my boyfriend's exes were skinny (except for one or two who were abt my size). TT_TT I should be doing it for me, but I'm either doing it for him (merry xmas) or for his random ex girlfriends (weird of me!!! AGGHH).

Also, geez, I'm 24! my youth is slipping away!! I don't want to go through all my life overweight. I want some golden years where I'm both young AND skinny. Is that so much to ask!??
  • krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    :| <.< Couple dirty moves I always wanted to try. and I've always wondered if my boyfriend hasn't proposed to me because of my size.

:(:( I'm sure that's not it!!!
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    myself! :wink:
  • thebigbige
    thebigbige Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight for myself and for the hopes that I can get my ex girlfriend back, because I still love her.
  • cartea01
    cartea01 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it for my health and my confidence. I'm also want to be in the best shape possible before starting a family in the next year or two. And I want to be size I was when my hubby and I met!
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I just got in shape so I can outrun and beat the living **** out of robbers....
  • mrsrice86
    mrsrice86 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly doing it for myself, as i want to feel better about my body, and feel comfortable in my own skin.
    But i'm also doing it for my two kids, and my fiance. I want to live a long, happy, healthy life with them.

Plus i want my fiance's jaw to drop when he sees me walk down the isle in my wedding dress :)
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    All for me! :) To do more in my outdoors lifestyle (go farther, faster, be safer)! Also, partly for my nieces and nephew, especially the girls, to be a strong, healthy role model! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!