Did You Lose Weight for something or someone?

Options

Replies

• MoneySavingLisa
    Options
    For myself. I'd say 50% vanity reasons, and 50% health. Plus, I'd be a bonus for my BF lol!
  • meex
    meex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to be skinnier and never succeeded, this time i'm losing weight for my wedding so i am actually motivated to continue :D
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    One day I took my son on a ride down at the beach, we waited 30 minutes in line, and when we finally got there the safety latch would not close over my stomach. Very embarrassing.........needless to say the next year when we went back I was exactly 100 lbs lighter, and that was the first ride we went on!!!!
  • LisaMariaCallow
    Options
    For the most important person...ME!! I just got tired of saying "tomorrow I'm gonna start my diet" and the always-fun "I need to lose 10 lbs by vacay"
  • Orrgarde86
    Orrgarde86 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    After a 5 year relationship I got married in November 2010 only for her to leave me after 1 month and 1 day for her colleague. I decided it was time to get a grip of my life as I was overweight and dwelling on it wasn't going to help. So you could say it's for me, but my soon to be ex-wife certainly kicked me in to gear.

I want to prove her wrong and show her what she missed out on! 12lbs til target weight... Might even revise my target to go even lower if I feel it's achievable.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Yes, I did...I did it for my feet. I hadn't seen them in a while and I wondered if they were even still there.
  • clur85
    clur85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    For my wedding next year, and for me generally in the longer term.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Because of my lungs. When you are told you can't get enough oxygen in your system and need to lose weight it's something that makes you take notice. Then keeping my husband alive was another major kick in the butt. His blood sugar was dangerously high. I would be damned if he wasn't going to eat healthy because of me.

Now I stay motivated because I want to look hot! Oh and the clothes. I swear no more ugly shirts!
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I have mainly done it for myself and for more confidence, but ultimately I am doing it for my future family. I pretty much have no grandparents left as they have all died due to poor health decisions.

I am single at the moment, but this is for Me and my future Wife and family, I want to be around for long term and not pass at a young age. My great grandma is still alive and was running in her 80's!!!! I want to be like this!!! Now she is in her 90's and a little frail, but she has had a pretty darn good life.
  • sms1986
    sms1986 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight for myself and my health.
  • mroger801
    Options
    I'm losing because I have a number of big events coming up in my life. While the health factors in somewhat, after seeing pictures of myself from the last celebration I attended, I didn't want any more pictures of me so heavy.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I'm losing for a very special person called myself.
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I did it all for me! It's time to get off the weight loss/gain roller coaster and get healthy and stay that way! :flowerforyou:
  • monkeymouse74
    Options
    70% was for myself and my health. The other 30% was for my marriage and husband. I know our time together will be more enjoyable when I have confidence in myself again. I also know that he will enjoy me being slimmer. I want to make him drool lol.

Took the words out my mouth! :happy:
  • emilykilduff
    Options
    for myself! im fed up of looking the fat odd one out!
  • hope4gl
    Options
    For my health, to avoid weight loss surgery, my husband and kids and for my mental health. I'm pretty happy with what I have accomplished so far.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I lost weight for myself. I was unhappy with the way I looked.
    Motivation was a holiday in August (I joined here in June) I wanted to feel confident in a bikini.
  • mimaduck83
    mimaduck83 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    me, myself and I.

And the fact I was sick and tired of my mother sniping at me about my weight while doing sod all about hers, tired of my skinny sister being "the skinny sister", tired of my 2 younger brothers being fit and healthy and having their eldest sister as the "fat sister", tired of knowing I was slowly killing myself, tired of pain, tired of being afraid of clothes/changing rooms/summer, tired of being tired.

As the great Dolly Parton once said when someone asked her how she lost weight "Just get your head outta the slop bucket, honey".

The bonuses? Many. My jeans fall down, I have more energy, my gf and I no longer fight about who takes up more space in bed (yes...that happened), I have collarbones for the 1st time since I was about 10, less pain, less mother sniping (about the weight at least...she'll always find SOMETHING to snipe about) and I'm actually getting to be happy with my body.
  • frostman7
    frostman7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My daughter. She will be 1 in Jan. I am 40. I did the math. If I want to be hiking, camping and running after her when she is 10 (ie me at 50), I better be fit enough to do all of those things, right?
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Chicken and egg situation for me. Had signed up to do a sponsored half marathon walk, decided it would be a more comfortable experience if I lost some weight. Once I started to see the results and learnt to enjoy going to the gym, decided to carry on losing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!