1200 Calories is just too much! ? Advice...

Options
So my goal in take is 1200 Calories. and sometimes I meet that goal or exceed it. But only because I feel like I should be eating 3 small meals a day and 3 snacks in between all healthy of course. But something my husband and I noticed. His goal calorie intake is 1800... Mine is 1200 and sometimes we just aren't that hungry and force ourselves to eat. idk if we should eat less because we aren't hungry or keep eating our recommended even if that means not being hungry and eating!

Replies

• CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    BUMP <--
  • skye_logan
    skye_logan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know this as well.
  • If you aren't hungry, try drinking a protien shake/meal replacement drink. They have anywhere from 200-500 calories, are great at unintentionally making you feel full, and are loaded with tons of essential macronutrients and calories (protien, carbs, fat, potassium, etc). Its not heavy, so it just tastes like a creamy drink, but would be a great way to reach your caloric and macro goals.

And yes, it is very impt for your health and metabolism that you not eat any less than 1200, in my opinion.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    You are the only one that can decide this for yourself... but my personal opinion is that if you are eating less than1200 cals you are probably missing out on valuable nutrition that your body needs. Perhaps you need to look at the kind of food you are eating - if you are eating "diet foods" then replace them with real food.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Sorry, duplicate post.
  • inge88
    inge88 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Are you seriously logging EVERYTHING?!?! Weight and measure everything for a week and check if you are still not over 1200. Not to be rude, but how can you be 150lb when only eating 1200cal?

As said on many other threads, 1200 is a definite minimum, you will have to eat to keep your body going.
  • SuddenlyPickles
    Options
    Yes, eat your calories... Your body needs them. If you can't stomach extra food, eat calorie-dense foods (nuts, cheeses, peanut butter, etc) or switch "diet" products for whole foods (such as switching skim milk for 2% or diet bread for regular bread).
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say exactly since you haven't opened up your diary, but you're probably not eating as healthy as you think you are. Eating healthy means eating balanced, and eating foods that give you enough calories and complex carbs, healthy fats, and protein. A diet of strictly vegetables isn't healthy if it doesn't give you all of this. Look into eating more calorie dense foods. Foods that are high in calories for their weight and the amount they fill you up. Avacado, Peanut Butter, Cottage Cheese, are some examples of these foods.

Remember, being healthy means eating enough calories, not eating too little.
  • It's hard to say exactly since you haven't opened up your diary, but you're probably not eating as healthy as you think you are. Eating healthy means eating balanced, and eating foods that give you enough calories and complex carbs, healthy fats, and protein. A diet of strictly vegetables isn't healthy if it doesn't give you all of this. Look into eating more calorie dense foods. Foods that are high in calories for their weight and the amount they fill you up. Avacado, Peanut Butter, Cottage Cheese, are some examples of these foods.

Remember, being healthy means eating enough calories, not eating too little.

Agreed. Body builders, professional athletes, and fitness models all eat 1800 cals a day if not more! Just like a car, you've gotta put feul in the gas tank to keep it going.
  • CiciPorcayo
    Options
    I have only been doing this 3 weeks and have lost between 4-5lbs... So I don't know how you can say that I am 150lbs because I am not...
  • CiciPorcayo
    Options
    Are you seriously logging EVERYTHING?!?! Weight and measure everything for a week and check if you are still not over 1200. Not to be rude, but how can you be 150lb when only eating 1200cal?

As said on many other threads, 1200 is a definite minimum, you will have to eat to keep your body going.

I am 148.9 thanks though :)
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising?
  • CiciPorcayo
    Options
    Are you exercising?
    Moderatley not a whole lot because I work 9-5:30pm and I have two kids :) but I try to walk on my lunch 30 minutes and 10-15 minutes of cardio every other day 3 times a week
  • CiciPorcayo
    Options
    moderately** Spell check sorry
  • Rayman79
    Options
    Agreed. Body builders, professional athletes, and fitness models all eat 1800 cals a day if not more! Just like a car, you've gotta put feul in the gas tank to keep it going.

I think you'll find most athletes and body builders eat closer to 3000, not 1800!
  • foxygirlact
    foxygirlact Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    on days when I can't seem to eat enough calories, I add an avocado to one of my meals. Big increase of calories, but also good for you
  • Rayman79
    Options
    Are you exercising?
    Moderatley not a whole lot because I work 9-5:30pm and I have two kids :) but I try to walk on my lunch 30 minutes and 10-15 minutes of cardio every other day 3 times a week

I know your situation (I work 45-50 hrs a week, have 2 kids under 5 etc). My serious advice would be to incorporate some exercise into your routine, it could be some short HHIT sessions, or preferably some resistance/weight training. This should solve your hunger problem :D
  • CiciPorcayo
    Options
    I just find it weird that people are more rude then helpful on here your opinions are no longer needed. I will eat my 1200 calories and enjoy it YUM! You guys have been so helpful and FYI :) Add me if you wanna see my food diary. I stopped eating out fast food... No soda and everything whole grain more fruit and veggies oh yeah and exercise. ;) Ill un private it for you guys if you really like... there u go !
  • jellerose
    jellerose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    How tall are you. I keep in mind that it will give the same 1200 calorie minimum for someone 5'6" and someone 4'10". Use this stuff as a guide, not a bible ; ).
  • JT1090
    JT1090 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am completely full and satisfied at the end of the day having only eaten 1000 calories. My caloric intake should be 1,200 also. Somedays that is just too much. Listen to your body. Eat when your hungry. Stop when your full.