Question for the ladies

Options
13»

Replies

• beatleschic87
    beatleschic87 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I wear a compression bra and a sports bra that is slightly too small and tight. I've always been well endowed even when I was thinner so currently I'm like a 38F or something.

Same here. At 220 I was a 38DDD and I'm now 185... still a 38DDD. So I also wear my minimizer bra and a slightly too small sports bra over it. The more support the better but just make sure you can still breathe! :tongue:
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I dont have large ones but i still wear two sports bras sometimes to keep them down lol
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Good tips, everyone! Now if I just had a "holder" for the rest of my flab, I'd be set!
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I double up for my double D's! Regular bra, then sports bra! Looking forward to being able to work out in only a well-fitting sports bra!

EDIT: And clothes... Sports bra & clothes... LOL

Your "PS" was hilarious!
  • leslielt
    leslielt Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i'm suprised no guys (beerrunner always does it seems) have shown up to comment
  • amygee05nb
    Options
    I wear a bra + sports bar. These ladies need to be contained.
  • Hornet4Life
    Options
    I'm not huge but have am a tad blessed in the chest area. My fix: Champion sports bra's- Maximum control & high support style. They are pricey (30+ bucks) but last a good year so it's definitely worth it.
  • tmtolbert
    tmtolbert Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    if you are bigger than a C cup you cannot just wear the pull over your head, uni-boob, $5 sports bra! i am a DD cup and made the mistake of wearing those for far too long. once i actually invested in a sports bra for full figured ladies i had such a better time with my workouts! i was told that if you are larger than a C cup you need to buy a sports bra that is sized like a regular bra... not small, medium, large... and you shouldn't be wearing a sports bra that you have to pull over your head because it has too much give in it and will not hold you in!
  • tmtolbert
    tmtolbert Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    p.s. the bra i ended up getting and loving i found at academy sports and outdoors for $40! well worth it! now i can actually run and enjoy running and i don't bounce at all!
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Wow there is so much good advice here. Tax time i am definitely going to get the girls fitted properly. And yea I need high impact because I want to do the 30DS, but let me tell you... Its NOT happening as my coverage is not adequate. lol. I tried. I really did.... The jumping jacks about killed me... No joke.... :noway:
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Like most here I wear two. I'm a 42DD and I wear a cotton sports bra with my Moving Comfort Fiona over it. They aren't really squished but contained well. I run, use the elliptical, go yoga, Zumba and all sorts of other "impactful" things and have no complaints. I did 30DS (with all the jumping!) with this combo and worked great. Good luck!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I went from a 42D down to a 42C after a 29 lb. weight loss. I just wear an underwire cotton bra, CACIQUE from Lane Bryants fit GREAT!!!! lol

12117749.png

Hello, I know this is a bit personal but I am currently a 46D and I plan to lose 30lbs my fear is that I will lose my breasts I love my big breast and I do not think I will be mortified to go into the bigger or mid Cs, But I don't want to go from mid Ds to training bra, (and if this happens I will not getting any plastic surgery so if they go they're gone) but I just wanted to ask all of the ladies who have experienced this how it affected you? Is it a big change or is it worth it?Also is dramatic decrease in size visually unattractive?

I went from being 5'8 199 lbs to currently at 160 and seeking to lose the last 10...I went from a 36DDD (38F at my heaviest weight 225 a few years back) to a 36D and those bras are a tiny bit big right now...I kinda miss the cleavage, but it sure makes it easier to run now :)

Everyone seems to lose differently...but there's not much you can do to spot reduce (or "not" reduce, in this case) in one area...you just gotta go with the flow ;) Good luck with your weight loss!
  • alexsmith01
    alexsmith01 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm a DD-E Cup and I just wear a sports bra with no probs, I had mine fitted and it supports me fine! Occassionally my boobs feel a bit uncomfortable and those days I stop my run and do something else instead
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I wear a bra with a sports bra on top! And then usually the shirt I wear is kinda tight and holds them in place! :)

If you can find a good store that sells minimizer bras, you should invest in one! Those help me when I'm going a lot of jumping around!
  • teasdino
    teasdino Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Make sure the band is tight. That is where the major support starts. Then follow the other peoples advise and go for your specific size.
    www.athleta.com and www.titlenine.com have their bras rated for your activity. Go there and watch their sites for sales! Every bounce you have is tearing the tissue that naturally holds the girls. Bit by bit. All those little bits will add up to the girls looking for change they heard was on the floor in later years....ugh! Better to have them locked down and contained now! ;-) These girls get locked up tight! Lol
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I went from a 42D down to a 42C after a 29 lb. weight loss. I just wear an underwire cotton bra, CACIQUE from Lane Bryants fit GREAT!!!! lol

12117749.png

Hello, I know this is a bit personal but I am currently a 46D and I plan to lose 30lbs my fear is that I will lose my breasts I love my big breast and I do not think I will be mortified to go into the bigger or mid Cs, But I don't want to go from mid Ds to training bra, (and if this happens I will not getting any plastic surgery so if they go they're gone) but I just wanted to ask all of the ladies who have experienced this how it affected you? Is it a big change or is it worth it?Also is dramatic decrease in size visually unattractive?

I went from being 5'8 199 lbs to currently at 160 and seeking to lose the last 10...I went from a 36DDD (38F at my heaviest weight 225 a few years back) to a 36D and those bras are a tiny bit big right now...I kinda miss the cleavage, but it sure makes it easier to run now :)

Everyone seems to lose differently...but there's not much you can do to spot reduce (or "not" reduce, in this case) in one area...you just gotta go with the flow ;) Good luck with your weight loss!
    Thank you for your response even though I was a bit off topic, I guess I was being a bit vain asking in the first place, being healthy should be all that matters, and I'll just go with the flow :happy: