Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Tattoo question

Replies

• deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Yup, I even tip the person who does my piercings. Many of them (where I go) are using it to pay for college so it's important.
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Absolutely. I usually tip around 20%. I know it becomes more expensive, but if you look at it as a one time payment on a lifelong investment, it's not that bad!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    sure do
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    always!
  • Browny43
    Browny43 Posts: 124 Member
    of course...my artists is a good friend so i know i am getting a discount so a better tip is good
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    I do as well..
  • Boardergurl
    Boardergurl Posts: 206 Member
    I tip but it isn't the 40% that people are talking about or even the 25% ... It all depends on the peice for me!
    Curious though what does everyone pay for an hour of tattoing? I know where I am its expensive! So tipping that high is hard
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    yes depending on the size i usually do smaller ones about 10 - 15 and big ones 20 to 25
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Of course! But just like my waiter, hair dresser, etc I won't for poor service.
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Without a doubt - Yes.

*I also kick-in a little "extra" becuase he gives me his shop discount ...
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    I'm not worried about the expense part of it - this is a big deal, I want a gorgeous tattoo, and I want to not offend the guy doing it so maybe he'll do another gorgeous tattoo sometime in the future. :) I just want to be appropriate.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Yes, I always try to tip (although the lady I go to is insists most times to not accept it). My first two I tipped...I dont' remember how much as it was so long ago but generally I do 20%...really depends on the price, the tat etc.

The last 3 times was by said woman so I didn't tip..she wouldn't let me! lol
  • Most deff tip them....tattoos take time...i tiped for all of mine according to how long it took and how good of a job they did
  • if you work in the service industry and you do a great job, you'll always get a healthy tip from me.
  • I have 5 tattoos and I have always given a tip, especially if it is custom work. I have a few bigger ones and after awhile he just wouldn't take my money anymore!! I think it depends on the relationship you have with the artist too!
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Yep! My artist gave me a $70 tat and I gave him a $30 tip... When I went to get my tat touched up I had no extra tip money so I brought him homemade goodies! He loved it!!
  • rovernio
    rovernio Posts: 157
    i didn't
  • Maryjaneshoes
    Maryjaneshoes Posts: 169 Member
    I definitely tip, and well!
  • Murphy15
    Murphy15 Posts: 142
    I always tip! It's kind of like getting your hair done. I feel like with most services we tip people, tattoos are no different. Enjoy. :)
  • wee_wolfie
    wee_wolfie Posts: 40 Member
    I always give them enough to have a drink on me. Tipping is not so common here though.