I CAN'T BE THE ONLY ONE FEELING LIKE THIS!

Options
2»

Replies

• JipsyJudy
    JipsyJudy Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I fought that feeling, and was often defeated by it for years. Now I'm 65 and keeping the in D (diabetes) at bay by measuring and logging calories and carbs. All I can say to you is that when you're older you will wish you'd seen the light sooner. I don't know anyone my age who says, "I wish I'd eaten more when I was young." Next time your inner grizzly bear tells you that it's not fair if you stop eating, remember that your inner grizzly bear is a demand, and tell him/her, "get thee behind me, Satan! Some day you will be trying hard to stay healthy for your grandchildren.
  • peacejoyandhappiness
    Options
    Thanks for that great piece of advice. I will surely give it a try!!!!!
  • peacejoyandhappiness
    Options
    I fought that feeling, and was often defeated by it for years. Now I'm 65 and keeping the in D (diabetes) at bay by measuring and logging calories and carbs. All I can say to you is that when you're older you will wish you'd seen the light sooner. I don't know anyone my age who says, "I wish I'd eaten more when I was young." Next time your inner grizzly bear tells you that it's not fair if you stop eating, remember that your inner grizzly bear is a demand, and tell him/her, "get thee behind me, Satan! Some day you will be trying hard to stay healthy for your grandchildren.

AMEN TO THAT! THANKS FOR THE UPLIFT!!!!!!
  • Johnny_Castle
    Options
    I don't really understand your question...but ya you do have to measure your food if you are serious and want serious results..it's just part of health and fitness.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    she is really just venting. try finding someone that has some ww books. they can eye everything and when you get to the point where you can judge by the eye it gets easier. if you dont want to measure, just eat clean and dont eat anything processed. fruits and veggies are easy that way
  • JipsyJudy
    JipsyJudy Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Here's a little guide to help you estimate portion sizes if you are eating out or if you don't have time to measure stuff: http://caloriecount.about.com/article/when_you_cant_measure_estimate_portions