How much does your weight varies?

Options
Just curious to see how much your weight varies day to day, morning to night, whats the most it varied by?

My last weigh-in I weighed: 165.4, last night it was 176, this morning 174.6, 4 days ago 169
The most my weight varied by was 11lbs, talking about some serious water retention :P

Replies

• MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    oh i don't do that anymore. it was too heartbreaking! as much as 3 lb different day to day. if i ate a lot of sodium, as much as 5 lb.
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    Options
    Mine has varied from 5-8lbs. I don't give it much thought anymore. It's good to keep that in mind when weighing in.
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    wow thats a big difference. that's why i only weigh myself in the morning after I went to the bathroom. And before I eat or drink anything. At night is the worst time to way yourself and will defiantly give you a bigger number.. I weigh in about evvery 4-5 days..
  • Just_Bethy
    Options
    Mine has varied from 5-8lbs. I don't give it much thought anymore. It's good to keep that in mind when weighing in.
    Mine is the same...5-8lbs a day...I am used to it now and don't panic.. which is a shame.. panicking burns 500 cals an hour !!! lol
  • nalliebell
    nalliebell Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    my weight varies from 6-10 lbs. drinking the water is good but of course I retain even though I sweat like a pig when I am working out.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    About 6lb swing is the most I see.
  • justanotherbrickinthewall
    Options
    My weight usually varies about 5 pounds if I weigh myself in the day and then at the night. The most I've ever "gained" was 9 pounds, but I drank 8 bottles of water that day.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I'm typically 4-6 lbs heavier at night than in the morning. And I typically vary +/- 2 from morning to morning.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Think of it like, "What does your purse weights?"

It can vary widely.
  • OregonCountryGirl
    Options
    I also can have major differences in my wieght each day and week............. As much as 10 lbs! It sucks ;( other than sodium what else can cause it? I have been high in sodium and sugar lately, go to love the holidays and my lack of SELF CONTROL!!!!!!!!
  • hjohns65
    hjohns65 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you posted this! I have been wondering if I was some kind of freak and getting myself all worked up every day!
  • dcfl2012
    Options
    My GOODNESS Sodium Stinks big time!
  • hperowl
    hperowl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    As obsessive at it may seem I weigh myself every night and every morning. I weigh myself at night because it gives me an idea how much I will weigh in the morning so it isn't as much of a shock if the scale goes up. There is usually a 3 pound difference being heavier at night of course. My weight yo-yo's from day to day but usually it's within a 3 pound range. When TOM is here it goes up a little more.
  • chubbybunnee
    chubbybunnee Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    The most I varied was 5 pounds. I always weigh myself in the morning first thing. It's so funny how 8 hours prior to that I was 4-5lbs heavier and it all seemed to disappear while I was sleeping! lol. I think our scales try to motivate us sometimes....lol...
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself once a week, every Fri morning after going to the bathroom and before eating/drinking anything and completely naked.
  • Jessicareyes78
    Jessicareyes78 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Today I weighed 7lbs more than yesterday morning...I hate the scale!
    :explode:
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I think the most mine has varied is 3-4 lbs. Last week, I weighed in at 171.2 and the next day I was 175. Things like that always frustrate me :p
  • Kev383601
    Options
    I've only noticed maybe a 2 or 3 pound swing for me.

I noticed a trend though. I'm my lightest int he morning after I've gotten some sleep. In this case, I'm working the overnight. I weighed myself this morning when I got home from work, and I was the same as when I left for work last night. I slept for probably around 5 hours or so, and weighed myself when I got up and I was 2 pounds lighter than I was last night. Anyone else notice that? It's like I need a full nights sleep to lose weight.
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Time of day it varies about 3-5lbs from day to day (weighing at the same time) can be about 2-3lbs
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself once a week, every Fri morning after going to the bathroom and before eating/drinking anything and completely naked.

what we should all strive for ;)

i find just the right angle on the scale, in the nude, before drinking/eating anything and of course, after emptying all my, um, crevasses. and not often either.