How much does your weight varies?

Options

Replies

• Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    2 pounds is my biggest swing, but it seems to happen a lot. There are numerous things that appear to drive the variations:

* Sodium Intake (too much)
    * Potassium intake (not enough)
    * Insufficient sleep
    * Lack of exercise
    * Fiber intake
    * Status of bowels (full vs. empty)
    * Water intake
    * Hormonal changes
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Usually 5-8 pounds from morning to evening - I don't stress too much because it's food, water (especially that being retained after a sodium-filled day) and normal daily fluctuations because of bodily functions. I only record my weight weekly so as long as that number keeps going down, I'm cool.
  • debloves2ride
    Options
    I won't weight in the morning and then in the eveing - to heartbreaking. But yesterday morning to this morning, I had a 4 lb swing - UP! I was pi$$ed. But it should be gone by tomorrow. usually I weigh Monday a.m. and then Friday a.m. -
  • mrandolph69
    mrandolph69 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I check my weight every morning. It has gone down as much as 10 pounds from one day to the next, although that has only happened once since I started this at the end of August. Most days it seems to be within 1-3 pounds of the previous day although 3-6 pound differences day over day are not uncommon for me.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    mine is about 3-5 pounds. However, I have noticed that the more I have lost the less it varies.
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Maybe a couple of pounds. However, I tend not to weigh myself just after a massive meal ;-)
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I have a 6-8lb difference depending on my water intake and what type of workout I just did.
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    i have been maintaining for 6 months or so. My weight flucuates from 133-136 on a very regular basis. But on my period or after a huge meal it can get up to 141 easily. Also, after I work out or go a day without eating as much, it can drop down to 131 easily. so i guess 10 pounds.

i figure that it's most likely water or poop sometimes it's leg hair lol. realllly depends.
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    3 to 5 lbs for me, but I find it's important not to weigh in every day (or at least not to focus on the weight every day); twice a week or once a week is sufficient otherwise I start freaking and trying to cut calories unnecessarily :)
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Think of it like, "What does your purse weights?"

It can vary widely.

lol i love this.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    It seems to fluctuate up to 5 pounds here and there.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    The most I fluctuate is 4 pounds.
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Options
    I have been able to weigh in one day to the next with huge increase/decreases of 3-10 pounds some days. Dr was certainly surprised and has seen me for a few days in a row to check, but said there isn't an issue. I am used to this now, but wowzers it's shocking when you first see it.
  • havalinaaa
    havalinaaa Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    In a single day I've seen mine do an 8 pound change. Usually it varies by more like 4 pounds in a day.
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I feel so much less alone now! I thought I was going crazy when it spiked as much as 11lbs, mine usually varies by 2-6lbs, sometimes 6-8lbs.
    So crazy to see how much of difference water retention, TOM and backed up pipes can make!
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    The week before my period I gain 6 pounds and then on the first day of my period I lose that + what I would have normally lost for the week. The rest of the month I don't seem to vary day to day, but during the day I generally gain 3-6 pounds.
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    i vary like 4 lbs ..
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I've dropped 10 lbs. of water weight in 48 hours. 4-6lbs. is common for me.
  • evonday
    evonday Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My weight fluctuates about +/- 3 lbs through the day, and day to day.

For a while I was addicted to checking the scale everyday. But lately I've been trying to not weigh myself for 7 days. I usually only make it to day 4-5 though. lol.
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Mine fluctuates +/- 2-4lbs