Running Goals for 2012

Options

Replies

• TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'll join you on the 500 mile challenge and complete a half marathon.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    My goal for 2011 was 1000 miles. I exceeded that but was doing a lot of training.
    I haven't set a mileage goal for 2012 yet. I may just go with the same 1000 miles.
    I ran 3 half marathons in 2011. I know I will run at least one, hopefully the same 3 though, in 2012.
    I'd like to continue to work on speed and an increase my pace even for the longer runs.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    650 miles for me in 2012!

I'll be doing my first half marathon in February. :)
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    No mileage goals for me this year ...
    My goal is to not let running take over my workout schedule and to spend as many days cross training as I do running!
    High mileage and too much focus on running for me is what got me injured...

So I am spin, yoga, core, water girl ... who happens to love running too!
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    10 half marathons in 2012 is my goal. Reality may bring it down to 9, but I'd really like to cross 10 more states off my To Do 50 State List.

Providing I train for all of them, I should cover about 100 mile/month.

I may ... just may ... do something crazy and sign up for another full marathon. But that's a lot of work, so I don't know at this point in time.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Aiming for 600 miles. I will have 365 apx for 2011 depending how the next few days go. I have a few races planned.

Jan
    Half and full

Sept
    Half
    10 miler (tower of terror)

Hoping to catch a half in may but not sure what will happen due to dance recital for the girls.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    Options
    10 half marathons in 2012 is my goal. Reality may bring it down to 9, but I'd really like to cross 10 more states off my To Do 50 State List.

Providing I train for all of them, I should cover about 100 mile/month.

I may ... just may ... do something crazy and sign up for another full marathon. But that's a lot of work, so I don't know at this point in time.

That's amazing! 10 half marathons is a lot of races! WTG! Very inspiring!
  • DisneyAddictRW
    Options
    Dang double post!
  • DKing33
    DKing33 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My 1st half in July!!!!
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I think 1000 miles is a great goal. I have three 1/2 marathons, a 10K and 5K race (both races) 10 K for me and the 5 K with my kids and a few other 5K's with the kiddos. I also plan on the Marine Corps Marathon. 1000 should be attainable. The biggest goal for me though is to be strong, make some new PB's at all race distances, place in age division in local races etc. and most importantly have balance in my life that includes my 4 kids, marriage, job, running and judo.
  • aedfit
    aedfit Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Starting a group called "1/2 b4 40". Looking to run my first 1/2 marathon before I turn 40. The run is in October so I'm thinking that's plenty of time to train. Most I'm running now is 5 miles. Good luck in your endeavors!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I have currently signed up for two halfs and a full marathon. I'm hopeful to train up for the full and maintain a full so I can run several a year.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Starting a group called "1/2 b4 40". Looking to run my first 1/2 marathon before I turn 40. The run is in October so I'm thinking that's plenty of time to train. Most I'm running now is 5 miles. Good luck in your endeavors!

I ran my first marathon when I was 40 - super goal!
  • kandy221
    Options
    to run my first half marathon in 2012
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm..... I haven't really thought about how many miles I want to do in 2012. Maybe I should calculate it. I do have other goals however:

1. Be able to run 9 min miles during events (later in the year probably; right now I'm around 11.... slow, I know)
    2. Reduce the amount of injuries I succomb to.... I started running consistantly last year and have had my fair share of injuries
    3. Incorporate more trail runs
    4. Be able to keep up with my friends who I have always somewhat idealized (We always do a Mountain Bike trip Labor Day weekend and they invite me to run; I usually do half of their distance on this run)

This year I have planned: an International distance triathlon (10k run), The Peachtree Road Race which is a 10k on the 4th of July in Atlanta, a Half Ironman (half marathon run), and a few short distance races sprinkled in.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Sub 20:00 5k

That's my only goal, until I break it (hopefully in February). But I'll be moving across the country sometime next year, so that'll hurt my training.
  • falsecho
    falsecho Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for 1000 miles.

Will be doing my first 1/2 marathon in Nashville in April
  • Alexagetsfit
    Alexagetsfit Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    my first half and 500 miles. :)
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    my first half in either April or October
    600-700 miles for the year
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Sub 20:00 5k

That's my only goal, until I break it (hopefully in February). But I'll be moving across the country sometime next year, so that'll hurt my training.

That's a good goal! Such a tough distance to race, no margin for error.