how???

Options
13»

Replies

• mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I eat 6 times a day and 99% of the time I can resist becasue I am just plain not hungry and that makes it easier.:flowerforyou:
    How can you eat 6 times a day and lose weight?! I eat 3 times a day and have no problem getting up to 1500. I guess I just don't have this food thing worked out. I'm almost always hungry! I had oatmeal at 8:00 and I'm famished right now. But I have my food entered for the day and don't really have any room for a snack. My "meals" must have too many calories in them. :frown:

1500 calories eating 5 times a day

Breakfast 400 calories

Snack 100 (it doesn't have to be a big snack)

Lunch 400 calories

Snack 100 calories (again it doesn't have to be a big snack

Dinner 400 calories

Total 1500 calories
    I guess my biggest problem is my lunch. I just absolutely, positively HAVE to get away from the office at lunch time or I WILL go insane! So, I eat at Subway every weekday (except 1 day a week is lunch with hubby), I have a veggie with chips and a diet drink and it comes to 540 calories. So by the end of lunch I have hardly any calories left for dinner/evening snack. I guess I just don't know how to eat low cal.

I'd cut the diet soda and the chips for sure. Subway offers side options like apples, yogurt, etc. You can also have your favorite sandwich made into a salad with lots of veggies instead, so you'd get all the good fillings but not the calories from the bread. And what bread you choose at Subway makes a huge difference! Just say no to the cheese and whatever. And diet soda doesn't do any good even if it doesn't have calories. Many studies suggest that caffeine can even stimulate hunger more, so maybe try cutting that out and see how it affects your hunger.
  • neeterskeeter
    neeterskeeter Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I eat 6 times a day and 99% of the time I can resist becasue I am just plain not hungry and that makes it easier.:flowerforyou:
    How can you eat 6 times a day and lose weight?! I eat 3 times a day and have no problem getting up to 1500. I guess I just don't have this food thing worked out. I'm almost always hungry! I had oatmeal at 8:00 and I'm famished right now. But I have my food entered for the day and don't really have any room for a snack. My "meals" must have too many calories in them. :frown:

Breakfast 400 calories

Lunch 400 calories

Dinner 400 calories

Total 1500 calories
    I guess my biggest problem is my lunch. I just absolutely, positively HAVE to get away from the office at lunch time or I WILL go insane! So, I eat at Subway every weekday (except 1 day a week is lunch with hubby), I have a veggie with chips and a diet drink and it comes to 540 calories. So by the end of lunch I have hardly any calories left for dinner/evening snack. I guess I just don't know how to eat low cal.

I'd cut the diet soda and the chips for sure. Subway offers side options like apples, yogurt, etc. You can also have your favorite sandwich made into a salad with lots of veggies instead, so you'd get all the good fillings but not the calories from the bread. And what bread you choose at Subway makes a huge difference! Just say no to the cheese and whatever. And diet soda doesn't do any good even if it doesn't have calories. Many studies suggest that caffeine can even stimulate hunger more, so maybe try cutting that out and see how it affects your hunger.

I agree. Also on the Biggest Loser last night Prevention Magazine was doing a quiz and one of the answers was that *both* regular and diet soda have the ability to cut your lifespan short because they can lead to metabolic syndrome.

I try to bring my lunch to work and even if you need to get away from the office, why not go on a walk and eat your lunch somewhere outside (if it's warm) or come early and eat it if there's anywhere away from your desk at work? When I do go to Subway I get the six inch turkey sub on wheat, even if I add pepperjack cheese and low fat honey mustard dressing, it's under 500 calories. Or you could have half it it with some fruit, and then repeat that later in the day if you can eat at your desk? Good luck.
  • jtintx
    jtintx Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Well, I didn't cut out the chips today but I did bring them back to the office and will have them as my afternoon snack. A step in the right direction I guess...:ohwell:
  • neeterskeeter
    Options
    Good job jtinx! Next you can try snacking on fruit (like an apple or banana with some peanut butter) or veggies (like chopped carrots and low fat dressing) and you might find that you stay fuller than after you eat the chips.
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options

Breakfast 400 calories

Lunch 400 calories

Dinner 400 calories

Total 1500 calories

jtintx- I love Subway but mine comes in at about 300 cals! 6"turkey sub, no cheese or condiments, ALL of the veggies! It's quite tasty, very filling, and the cruch of the veggies takes away my learned desire for the texture of chips! Hope this helps!
  • bitty_401
    Options
    I try everything and it was almost impossible.Everyone began telling me how fatty I look or I was getting.I saw myself and it was true.My scale show the numbers and I didn't like what I saw.I used to walk a lot aand since several weeks I noticed I was getting fatigue and my legs hurt.
    Theeeeeeeeeeere I realized it was time to say no to certain food and began asking around and telling friends and family that I wanted to lose weight.
    So my mind was set to say NOOOOOOOO.
    Began looking for labels...so try to set your mind first of what you want or not.It work for me maybe it can work for others.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    how can people say no to certain food?<junk food>????:indifferent:

I don't think you should, if it's something you really love and can control, then have some as long as you fit it into your plan. Sometimes you realize that what you have to give up makes it not worth it, but if you have permission then it takes the edge off the craving.

Some foods may be trigger foods where if you eat one bite you can't stop. Then it's best to avoid them all together.
  • neeterskeeter
    Options
    I try everything and it was almost impossible.Everyone began telling me how fatty I look or I was getting.I saw myself and it was true.My scale show the numbers and I didn't like what I saw.I used to walk a lot aand since several weeks I noticed I was getting fatigue and my legs hurt.
    Theeeeeeeeeeere I realized it was time to say no to certain food and began asking around and telling friends and family that I wanted to lose weight.
    So my mind was set to say NOOOOOOOO.
    Began looking for labels...so try to set your mind first of what you want or not.It work for me maybe it can work for others.

That's an awesome tip. I'm a big believer in mind over matter. I read something today that cravings for sweets are caused by poor nutrition. If you're body isn't used to proper care and feeding, it will crave the wrong things... you have to re-train your mind to want the right things, like you say. Then soon you *won't* be craving the bad stuff because you know better. Your mind can say no, your body will just have to go along with it! :smile:
  • jtintx
    jtintx Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    jtintx- I love Subway but mine comes in at about 300 cals! 6"turkey sub, no cheese or condiments, ALL of the veggies! It's quite tasty, very filling, and the cruch of the veggies takes away my learned desire for the texture of chips! Hope this helps!
    [/quote]I finally figured out that someone had posted incorrect info here in the food database. So now, my lunch comes in at 475, including a bag of chips! That's a lot better than 540! Now when I'm able to give up the chips it will be even better.
  • neeterskeeter
    Options
    That makes sense, I was *wondering* how it was that many calories and figured you must have been eating a foot-long instead of a 6" LOL. I get cheese and low fat honey mustard dressing when I do get the turkey sub and it still comes in at 375 or so. Good job figuring that out.