Trying on clothes...in my own closet

Options
2»

Replies

• AussieNikki
    AussieNikki Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Wardrobe clothes shopping! I love it! I've never thught of it that way.
    Where did you move to when you left Australia? I'm in Ontario, Canada

I now live near Charlotte NC USA. I married an American boy :bigsmile:

Oh and NSV - Non Scale Victory
  • Kellie82much
    Kellie82much Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Wardrobe clothes shopping! I love it! I've never thught of it that way.
    Where did you move to when you left Australia? I'm in Ontario, Canada

I now live near Charlotte NC USA. I married an American boy :bigsmile:

Oh and NSV - Non Scale Victory

I hope I'm replying correctly, I've never done this before. Thanks for the translation of NSV.
  • Kellie82much
    Options
    dont give up, try on the smaller size clothes. wearing clothes that actually fit your body (instead of extremely uncomfy baggy pants) gives you more confidence you will look smaller and see some outcome of hard work! i say go for it! if they dont fit dont worry about it, make it your goal to try to get healthy enough to fit them. dont take it hard how ever it turns out 13 lbs is super amazing congratulations on such a good start! i would suggest try one size smaller and see how that goes. remember your doing great and there is no point now of giving up, cause even if those dont fit now they will later on if you keep working!

Thank you for your encouraging words. You brought tears to my eyes. Sorry I replied wrong yesterday and you probable were not able to see it. I think I have the hang of this now.
  • Kellie82much
    Options
    These NSVs are worth as much as scale losses :)

They are worth MORE than the scale losses! :happy:
    Thank you! You are right.
  • Kellie82much
    Options
    I'm terrified to try on the smaller size pants in my closet. I think that if they still don't fit I'll be crushed and want to give up on trying to lose weight.
    Am I nuts?
    Not at all. I wore baggy jeans for ages before plucking up courage, but it backfired on me because I'd jumped from a size UK16 (US 12) to a size UK12 (US 8), and didn't get to wear some really nice size UK14s (US 10) that used to be my favourites but which are now useless.

I'm thinking of throwing away everything that's too big for me, so if I put weight back on, I'll have the humiliation of having to go buy new, bigger, jeans. :bigsmile:
    Thank you for the encouraging words. I didn't believe anyone would reply! I will muster the courage to try them on. Maybe tomorrow when everyone is out of the house : )
    By the way, I have family in the UK
  • Kellie82much
    Options
    NO you're not. That first step into smaller clothes is scary. I went round for ages in incredibly baggy clothes before I tried anything new. To my surprise I had gone down two dress sizes (UK). Go on take that step you might pleasantly surprise yourself. I am now at the stage of having my 'new' clothes becoming baggy again. So am looking for cheap interim clothes again. It's a good feeling once it starts.:bigsmile:
    Thank you for your encouragement. I didn't believe anyone would even read my post.
    21kg down...BRAVO! That is an amazing accomplishment.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    In my closet are clothes ranging from size 12 to 18. As you can see I'm no stranger to food (love it!) or diets.
    MFP has opened my eyes to what I was putting in my mouth (no more eating peanut butter straight from the jar as I surf the net).
    I've managed to lose 13lbs so far and my pants are uncomfortably baggy. Where's the problem you say? I'm terrified to try on the smaller size pants in my closet. I think that if they still don't fit I'll be crushed and want to give up on trying to lose weight.
    Am I nuts?
    Yep, you are, but fear NOT!
    Nuts is good:wink:

I always have my goal size clothes in my closet that I try on weekly.
    It just another way to measure progress.

Knowing where you are is a good thing.
    I use this as well as the scale, bodyfat measurements and how clothes fit.
  • timingsands
    Options
    I sometimes "measure" my success using my old, smaller pants. For example...a pair of jeans I couldn't zip up anymore so I put it away. At some point after joining MFP I found them again and lo and behold, they zipped up! But still, too uncomfortably tight to wear. I tried them on again earlier this week and they now fit perfectly!! I'm now working on another pair of pants that don't even come close to zipping up.

Sometimes, when the scale doesn't seem to move, the good old smaller pants method is a great way to gauge progress, especially if you're like me and can't take consistent waist measurements.