I am so confused...

Options

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    You only have 13 pounds to go, so you're pretty close to where you need to be. You know what they say about the last ten pounds and how hard it is to lose, right? I've read lots of posts by people saying exactly that. If your doctor says you're fine, maybe some others who have gone through a rough patch losing the last bit of weight can share their tips with you.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Because muscle weighs more than fat.
    Wrong. Muscle is heavier than fat.
    Actually a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat. Muscle is denser than fat.
    *sigh*

** pats Qs back**.

*pours Q some wine*

For the record,
    article-0-018CB2F800000578-471_468x319.jpg

This pig is wearing boot, thus I am right and your argument is invalid.:flowerforyou:
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Does anyone actually think a pound of anything weighs more than a pound of anything else? Seriously. Announce yourself here.

But Contrarian, we were told to take that debate elsewhere.
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options

Hehehe.
    Maybe you're eating after 9pm? :laugh:

HAHAHA LOVE IT!!! :laugh:
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Actually a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat. Muscle is denser than fat.
    *sigh*

** pats Qs back**.

*pours Q some wine*

***Grabs a dozen crazy straws and hands them out to all my wino friends, including myself. ***

Plus and also and stuff.... some times you just gotta smile and nod. Another thing that helps is getting out some sparklers. I think Q may have some. That'll distract some of the nobs and keep them busy for hours.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Because clean eating doesn't give you any advantage pertaining to weight loss provided equal calorie consumption in comparison.

I just looked over your diary. You have your daily calorie goal set at 1700. Why aren't you eating all of your calories? If you're going by MFP's recommended calorie intake for your activity level, eating 1400 calories might be causing you to stop losing weight because you're not eating enough. If you're just not hungry, you can supplement your calorie intake by drinking meal replacement or protein shakes. They're easy enough to drink really quickly when you don't have an appetite. Make sure you're exercising, too... But also be aware that heavy exercise is a very effective appetite suppressant. Try eating all of your calories and see if it makes a difference. Good luck to you :flowerforyou:

I have to disagree about heavy exercise being an appetite suppressant. For me, when I'm going to the gym and busting my butt - I'm ALWAYS hungry. I will eat all my calories and try to figure out how I might possibly get a few more. Exercising makes my appetite roar. So, it may suppress your appetite, but that isn't true for everyone.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Does anyone actually think a pound of anything weighs more than a pound of anything else? Seriously. Announce yourself here.

Yes. A pound of gold can weigh less than a pound of fat or muscle. I'll be really impressed if someone knows why this is :wink:
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options

Well.. only if it is a pound of fat vs a pound of muscle. It's true.

I read it on the internet.

:tongue:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Another thing that helps is getting out some sparklers. I think Q may have some. That'll distract some of the nobs and keep them busy for hours.
    Don't make me do it!
  • ymhand
    ymhand Posts: 188
    Options
    See a doctor.
    :laugh:
  • HollieDoodles
    Options
    I'm wearing pants right now. Does that count for something?

Just wonderin'
  • spammyanna
    Options

I believe everything I read on the internet.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Another thing that helps is getting out some sparklers. I think Q may have some. That'll distract some of the nobs and keep them busy for hours.
    Don't make me do it!

Make her do it! PLEASE make her DO IT!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • HollieDoodles
    Options
    Don't make me do it!

Awww.... come on, Q. Pweeeeezzze :wink:
  • HollieDoodles
    Options

I believe everything I read on the internet.

Only Wikipedia holds the truth.
  • elysecea
    elysecea Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Because clean eating doesn't give you any advantage pertaining to weight loss provided equal calorie consumption in comparison.

I just looked over your diary. You have your daily calorie goal set at 1700. Why aren't you eating all of your calories? If you're going by MFP's recommended calorie intake for your activity level, eating 1400 calories might be causing you to stop losing weight because you're not eating enough. If you're just not hungry, you can supplement your calorie intake by drinking meal replacement or protein shakes. They're easy enough to drink really quickly when you don't have an appetite. Make sure you're exercising, too... But also be aware that heavy exercise is a very effective appetite suppressant. Try eating all of your calories and see if it makes a difference. Good luck to you :flowerforyou:

I have to disagree about heavy exercise being an appetite suppressant. For me, when I'm going to the gym and busting my butt - I'm ALWAYS hungry. I will eat all my calories and try to figure out how I might possibly get a few more. Exercising makes my appetite roar. So, it may suppress your appetite, but that isn't true for everyone.
    Totally agree I am ravenous when I exercise alot! Which I do every week so I guess you can say I am hungry all the time!!! :)
  • AmyJo54915
    Options
    *sigh*

** pats Qs back**.

*pours Q some wine*

For the record,
    article-0-018CB2F800000578-471_468x319.jpg

This pig is wearing boot, thus I am right and your argument is invalid.:flowerforyou:

OMG, you made my day!
  • feliciapeters
    Options

OMG i know this isnt on topic but i GO CRAZY every time i hear this
    MUSCLE DOES NOT "WEIGH" MORE THAN FAT
    pound is a pound is a pound
    a pound of rocks weighs exactly the same as a pound of feathers
    seriously people 2nd grade math

muscle is denser than fat so a smaller amount (which looks like less) still weighs the same
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I think my head just exploded! hand me a sparkler...
  • spammyanna
    Options
    I think my head just exploded! hand me a sparkler...

And where's that wine with the crazy straws?