I am so confused...

Options

Replies

• Seamoan87
    Options
    Because clean eating doesn't give you any advantage pertaining to weight loss provided equal calorie consumption in comparison.
    What he said
    ehhhh, I don't completely agree with that. I think everyone is just different. I've eaten clean before and I've lost weight from just eating clean and not working out.
  • katmix
    katmix Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Does anyone actually think a pound of anything weighs more than a pound of anything else? Seriously. Announce yourself here.

Yes. A pound of gold can weigh less than a pound of fat or muscle. I'll be really impressed if someone knows why this is :wink:

I'm only answering this because I don't want anyone losing sleep tonight; troy weight...:wink:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I think my head just exploded! hand me a sparkler...
    a sparkler?
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    "clean" is meaningless(no offense) weight loss is all about caloric intake versus calories burned.

Yup yup!

It is important for overall health.

To the OP: Sounds like you are on a plateau. That is normal. Don't stress about it, but just stick to your plan and keep on keepin' on. Chin up :)
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Ok people Im with Q a pound is a damn pound. Muscle is denser but on your scales it doesnt tell you the difference. Eat your caloroes increase your workout time and you WILL loose. Be patient.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Does anyone actually think a pound of anything weighs more than a pound of anything else? Seriously. Announce yourself here.

Yes. A pound of gold can weigh less than a pound of fat or muscle. I'll be really impressed if someone knows why this is :wink:

I'm only answering this because I don't want anyone losing sleep tonight; troy weight...:wink:

Ding ding ding! You win, uh, a sparkler? Qarol seems to have one :happy:
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Q just made me laugh so hard I scared my dog!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. Weight = mass * gravitational acceleration or W=mg. Everyone is wrong, is the dead horse beaten yet?

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1
  • ayummymommy01
    ayummymommy01 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Ok, point was I will sometimes go and check the diets of those that lost loads and they are OFTEN eating junk fast food and / or WAY under cals .
    Just makes me go "hummmm".
    Anyway, for some of the helpful posts, yes I workout daily weights and cardio, Bikram Hot yoga. Right now I am doing Jamie Easons LiveFit Trainer and I am in Phase 1, so no cardio for 1 month but weight 4-5 times per week and still doing Bikram 3x for 90min each.
    My cals are set for the Olivia Method that is why I always seem to be "undereating". I feel I am probably eating enough...just have to be patient I guess. I am in the home stretch and so many have been so helpful to me here checking my diary and making suggestions.
    I was just making an observation. WOW got so many replies...wish I got so many replies to my serious threads...
  • ayummymommy01
    Options
    And I WISH exercise suppressed my appetite!! No such luck...
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    I use to have that prob..I increased my effort in workouts by weight adding more weights...that and adding extra fiber... Fat flushes out this way.....pun intended

**edit to add My starting weight was 223
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Because clean eating doesn't give you any advantage pertaining to weight loss provided equal calorie consumption in comparison.

I just looked over your diary. You have your daily calorie goal set at 1700. Why aren't you eating all of your calories? If you're going by MFP's recommended calorie intake for your activity level, eating 1400 calories might be causing you to stop losing weight because you're not eating enough. If you're just not hungry, you can supplement your calorie intake by drinking meal replacement or protein shakes. They're easy enough to drink really quickly when you don't have an appetite. Make sure you're exercising, too... But also be aware that heavy exercise is a very effective appetite suppressant. Try eating all of your calories and see if it makes a difference. Good luck to you :flowerforyou:

I have to disagree about heavy exercise being an appetite suppressant. For me, when I'm going to the gym and busting my butt - I'm ALWAYS hungry. I will eat all my calories and try to figure out how I might possibly get a few more. Exercising makes my appetite roar. So, it may suppress your appetite, but that isn't true for everyone.

I go both ways with the appetite suppression after working out thing. If I only do cardio, then I tend to be ravenous. If I lift weights like I did today during leg day, for whatever reason, I'm really not that hungry. It happens that way pretty consistently. I didn't believe dealing with appetite suppression would be a big deal until I started experiencing it. It's for reals, trust me.
  • debussyschild
    Options
    Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. Weight = mass * gravitational acceleration or W=mg. Everyone is wrong, is the dead horse beaten yet?

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

OMG. That poor horse.....
    lmao
  • debussyschild
    Options
    Ok, point was I will sometimes go and check the diets of those that lost loads and they are OFTEN eating junk fast food and / or WAY under cals .
    Anyway, for some of the helpful posts, yes I workout daily weights and cardio, Bikram Hot yoga. Right now I am doing Jamie Easons LiveFit Trainer and I am in Phase 1, so no cardio for 1 month but weight 4-5 times per week and still doing Bikram 3x for 90min each.
    My cals are set for the Olivia Method that is why I always seem to be "undereating". I feel I am probably eating enough...just have to be patient I guess. I am in the home stretch and so many have been so helpful to me here checking my diary and making suggestions.
    I was just making an observation. WOW got so many replies...wish I got so many replies to my serious threads...

Welcome to MFP where we take little things and make them into really big deals :happy:

Just kidding. Seriously, though, tinkering with your calorie intake could be the ticket. It's not going to hurt you in the short run if you eat a little more. Weights 4-5 times a week will boost your metabolism substantially. If you're set at 1700 as your NET goal (what you'll eat after you've factored in exercise calories), you should be seeing steady weight loss. I've lowered my net calorie goal from 1500 to 1300 before and within one week, I stopped losing weight. And I was unable to lose any more until I increased my calorie intake. Fiddling with the numbers won't hurt a bit. It's worth experimenting with until you find what works.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

Because despite what people like to say, clean eating does not make you lose weight quicker. It is calories in vs calories out.

Just do what you want and ignore the rest.
  • ayummymommy01
    Options

Welcome to MFP where we take little things and make them into really big deals :happy:

Just kidding. Seriously, though, tinkering with your calorie intake could be the ticket. It's not going to hurt you in the short run if you eat a little more. Weights 4-5 times a week will boost your metabolism substantially. If you're set at 1700 as your NET goal (what you'll eat after you've factored in exercise calories), you should be seeing steady weight loss. I've lowered my net calorie goal from 1500 to 1300 before and within one week, I stopped losing weight. And I was unable to lose any more until I increased my calorie intake. Fiddling with the numbers won't hurt a bit. It's worth experimenting with until you find what works.
    LOL... I am eating between 1600-1700 WITH workouts...like I said though, only doing weights now no cardio so I am netting from 1350-1500 or so. Could be it is still to low....thats where I am just lost. I am so afraid to raise more. One person says the cals are too much, one person says too little. Well, I am generally not hungry, feel good, sleep well (when my youngest lets me :( ) have no bathroom issue (poo poo poo, pun intended).
    I saw a nutritionist a while back. First week dropped 5 lbs and then didn't move. She had me eating like 1250 cals with workouts...I was always hungry and not losing. Not good.When I say I workout and workout HARD I mean it. I wish I had a Body bugg to help determine my cal burn. I feel it has to be more than MFP says...
    I don't know, I will stick it out at this cal level fr the next 2 weeks and see what happens when I go into phase 2 of the Live Fit trainer (cardio is added back in)...
    I was doing too much before and not budging so I tried doing less (similar cals) and we'll see what happens.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    .thats where I am just lost. I am so afraid to raise more.

I would increase for 3-4 days or consider a full diet break. The calorie increase at which you'd start gaining FAT would be pretty substantial.

It will either work or you will acquire new information.
  • ayummymommy01
    Options

I would increase for 3-4 days or consider a full diet break. The calorie increase at which you'd start gaining FAT would be pretty substantial.

But if I were to get on a scale...most likely the number will go up due to water/more food, whatever...then I freak and back to square one.
    Gosh I am so complicated. Sorry
  • ayummymommy01
    Options
    and BTW Sidesteal... you just look so incredible. AMAZING work.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

But if I were to get on a scale...most likely the number will go up due to water/more food, whatever...then I freak and back to square one.
    Gosh I am so complicated. Sorry

Solution: don't get on the scale. Start working for inches lost instead.