ok guess im invisible on here like in life

Options
I posted and noone answered. but answered all the other newbies. guess i am invisible on this site as I am to everyone in my daily life. sorry to waste everyones time

Replies

• ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad. The same thing happened to me when I was first on here.
  • Richdogg38
    Options
    I posted and noone answered. but answered all the other newbies. guess i am invisible on this site as I am to everyone in my daily life. sorry to waste everyones time
    No one is invisible. I just want you to know that you will never be alone posting on this site. It's a great support system here.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    So many messages scroll through here it's hard to see them all! Congrats on quitting smoking, I know that is hard and good luck! This is an awesome website, it helps a lot!
  • ladykate7
    ladykate7 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Relax, not every topic post gets responses.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    It happens! Don't feel bad... .the forums are flooded with new threads so sometimes a thread or two will get pushed back .. I've had threads go unanswered before as well..
  • shasha_84
    Options
    Your not invisible. I have posted forums before and had ZERO responses too.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me, don't worry about it. :):):)
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    It happens! Don't feel bad... .the forums are flooded with new threads so sometimes a thread or two will get pushed back .. I've had threads go unanswered before as well..

Exactly. Just be proactive. Go through the forums and see what there is to offer. Find people like you and friend them, look up recipes, join fitness groups on here....it's all up to you.
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    That's what the "BUMP" is for. Go back and "BUMP" your thread so it may be seen by more people. :flowerforyou:
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's just a matter of timing, and a thread can get pushed down and lost quickly by other new threads.
    If you're looking for new friends, one strategy might simply be to read the other new introductions and send them friend requests. Another good way, which is new to MFP, would be to go to the "Groups" tab (above) and do a search in the groups section for your location or interests. You can find people with similar interests, goals, etc. that might be even better suited as a support system for you there.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    try and make your topic for selective if you are looking for a specific type of encouragement. i got a lot of responses when i said, im looking for somebody that has red hair, vegan, or epileptic.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Horton heard you, Hoo!
  • LadyKatie2010
    Options
    amen, brutha! :)
  • LilMizDetermined
    LilMizDetermined Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's just a matter of timing, and a thread can get pushed down and lost quickly by other new threads.
    If you're looking for new friends, one strategy might simply be to read the other new introductions and send them friend requests. Another good way, which is new to MFP, would be to go to the "Groups" tab (above) and do a search in the groups section for your location or interests. You can find people with similar interests, goals, etc. that might be even better suited as a support system for you there.

^^^ agreed.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options

^^^ agreed.
    double agreed. Maybe a counselor is what you need. We are not here to play that role. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I think I only had two responses to my first post. You just need to reach out to people and give them a chance to reach back.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Don't worry you're not alone. Yesterday I posted a topic on calorie surplus tips but no one answered. Although I already know that over 95% of MFPers are into weight loss & not much into muscle gains but still I didnt got anything from the few <5%.

If you need a friend, just feel free to add me. :flowerforyou:
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options

/\ /\ /\ THIS!!!

Also please remember that the main reason we are all here is for one goal, to become fit & healthy. Don't get discouraged just because of a unanswered single post. This happens not only to newbies out here but even for us who are here for quite sometime now.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Did somebody say something?
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options

^^ this.
This discussion has been closed.