Tummy after 3 kids.

Options
Diggy2011
Diggy2011 Posts: 198 Member
I just wanted to know if anybody has sucessfully pulled their tummy back after pregnancies mines all squishy and my youngest is nearly 5 and tips would be gratefully appreciated :)

Replies

• lovinbutterflys
    lovinbutterflys Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have two kids with my youngest who turned one on the 20 of this month and planks should be your best friend. I did them a lot before and after I had my daughter who is about to turn 3 in march.. I had a c-section with both my kids and I feel like it help me bounce back super fast. I was working out a month after I had my son by c-section. Planks are so great for strenghing and toning your core. try to hold for as long as you can. Sometimes my kids up and crimb all over me and it will make you stronger planking with a 30ish pound kid on you. Also you can add me as a friend so we can help each more! Rachel
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I have two kids with my youngest who turned one on the 20 of this month and planks should be your best friend. I did them a lot before and after I had my daughter who is about to turn 3 in march.. I had a c-section with both my kids and I feel like it help me bounce back super fast. I was working out a month after I had my son by c-section. Planks are so great for strenghing and toning your core. try to hold for as long as you can. Sometimes my kids up and crimb all over me and it will make you stronger planking with a 30ish pound kid on you. Also you can add me as a friend so we can help each more! Rachel

I agree with this ^^^^
  • Diggy2011
    Diggy2011 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Thanks I just looked up on the web for the correct exercise loads of timber merchants lol
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    My tummy is squishy too and the triplets are already 3 years old. I guess its planking for me too!
  • melhayes1115
    melhayes1115 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Lots of cardio too. I have had 4 kids and have always had that flap of fat. I still need to get rid of that "baby pooch," but I no longer have a flap of fat.

I will have to start doing planks like the others have suggested too.

10966276.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Clean eating, heavy weights, lots of water.

I have 2 kids and the beginnings of my six pack just showed up at 17% body fat. :) You can do it!

Currently working my way towards 15% body fat, to chisel them out a little further. :bigsmile:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    <---- tummy after 6 kids. Youngest is one. What worked for me was heavy strenght training and planks.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I need a tummy tuck it's gross I ma not overwieght any more can feel the muscles but the skin is hangy and wrinkly gross I hate it!! 2012 goal tummy tuck so I can combat the 120 pounds I lost and 2 kids
  • jsuaccounting
    jsuaccounting Posts: 193 Member
    Options

Wow - good advice. Especially liked the positive attitude about the kids climbing on you.
  • seehawkmomma
    Options

Just curious. I had a c-section too, when any work outs that involve my stomach I get a pain where my scar was. Do you? Does anyone? >.< I wish i could blame my flabby tummy on that but even gentle work outs can make it painful for days.
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess I am doing planks in the new year! :smile:
  • ninamm3
    ninamm3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I have 3 kids and have lost 44 pounds...its lookin' like a flat tire but I also have stretch marks --so its not just the extra skin and lack of muscle that need repair. Anyways, I actually blog and wrote one called "The truth about SKIN- uncovered" and posted pics just to be honest about the transformation I am going through...I know everyone is different, but mine is taking time!

www.runningsforthebirds.blogspot.com
  • qrhs87
    qrhs87 Posts: 13
    Options
    seehawkmomma...Having never had a c-section, I wouldn't really know how to answer your question but it does sound like you need to discuss this with your doctor. Something doesn't sound right.
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    HOLY WOW!!! 6 kids?!?!? I've never had any babies, but I will definitely start planking more and killing the weights! I love the inspiration you get from this site! I :love: MFP!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    <---- tummy after 6 kids. Youngest is one. What worked for me was heavy strenght training and planks.

Yanicka is AMAZING! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/411601-after-3-months-of-strenght-training-bare-belly
  • Yanicka1
    Options

Yanicka is AMAZING! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/411601-after-3-months-of-strenght-training-bare-belly

:blushing:
  • SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    Options

I have had 6 as well, planks and strength training as well as a calorie reduction.
  • Yanicka1
    Options

I have had 6 as well, planks and strength training as well as a calorie reduction.

When I grow up I want to be like you :)
  • xMedullaOblongatax
    Options
    Thank you all for the awesome advice. I haven't had any kids but have been trying to get rid of this crazy muffin-belly. I always thought planking was hard, but I will pursue it with renewed vigor!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!