Best Protein Shakes

Options

Replies

• SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I use Herbalife (Complete meal replacement/protein shakes) twice a day for breakfast and dinner. They help me meet all my nutritional goals. I am also a distributor is you are interested.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I use Pure Isolated & Concentrated Milk Protein- Chocolate from the makers of Muscle Milk (from Costco). I don't make a shake out if it, though, I use 1 scoop and add to 1 container of plain greek yogurt (6 oz.) and 1 tbsp of creamy peanut butter. Use the mixer and mix it up. Super yummy & filling. Totals to 320 calories and I have it once a day to once every other day.
  • Mocha02
    Options
    I've used Inner Armour and Intek. Love them both. I use it frequently for making my own protein bars, cakes, etc. I also use Visalus because I get enough protein in my regular foods and it's low in calorie (90 calories), low sugar, low sodium, low carb and the protein make up makes for better absorption without the bloating some protein powders create.

How often do you use these shakes? Once a day? Twice?

At least once daily, and as often as 2x a day for my drink but I also make snacks/protein bars as snacks with the protein powder in it.

Yea sooo...feel free to share your recipes for those snacks/protein bars maam! I would be oh so grateful!! :flowerforyou:
  • porksiopao
    porksiopao Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've been consuming Syntrax Matrix protein, delicious!
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I've used Inner Armour and Intek. Love them both. I use it frequently for making my own protein bars, cakes, etc. I also use Visalus because I get enough protein in my regular foods and it's low in calorie (90 calories), low sugar, low sodium, low carb and the protein make up makes for better absorption without the bloating some protein powders create.

At least once daily, and as often as 2x a day for my drink but I also make snacks/protein bars as snacks with the protein powder in it.

Yea sooo...feel free to share your recipes for those snacks/protein bars maam! I would be oh so grateful!! :flowerforyou:

Sent to your in box :flowerforyou:
  • Debby0904
    Debby0904 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I use ISOFUEL 100. Low calories, zero carbs, 24 g of protein per scoop. The cookies and cream and gourmet chocolate are delicious.
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Not usually a fan of protein shakes, but Biometrics Berries and Whey is delicious! It's one of the only ones I can mix with water and drink as-is. It's also super yummy mixed with a banana and a tablespoon of almond butter. :)
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I can't help but think your a little misguided here. A protein shake isn't something that's going to assist in your weight loss necessarily. If you had 400 calories to consume, drinking those calories is going to provide you much less satiety than if you had eaten them, especially if we're talking about protein specifically. Consider using protein powders to supplement your diet where you are unable to get enough protein from whole food sources?

If weight loss is your goal you should look to consume .8 - 1g protein and .35 - .4g of fat for every lb of body weight matched with a calorie restricted diet.
  • Otis08052005
    Otis08052005 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    EAS Carb Control in vanilla is my favorite. It's around 100 calories and has been instrumental in my weight loss. Also - it comes in ready-to-drink which I find very convenient.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Ideal Shape Shake. I did all the research and it was rated Number One. It is delicious. I tasted all the others and bot ill. It is only 140 calories and it is only 49.99 for a month, unlike the others. No need for coaches as it is on FB. I had a question and it was answered within an hour. PLEASE you will love this product. They have vanilla and chocolate. It keeps you satisfied. I have tried all the others and none even come close
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options

Sent to your in box :flowerforyou:

I'd love them too, if you don't mind sending it to me! :)

I use EAS Whey Protein and I blend it with 1/2 cup frozen strawberries and 1/2 cup of skim milk. It's like I went to a fast food place and got a strawberry shake, but its only 200 calories. I usually drink it right after I work out (sometimes morning and sometimes evening).
  • LuciaLongIsland
    Options
    I use Shakeology. Only 150 calories and as far as the nutrition, it is the best one.

Have you tried Ideal Shape shake. It is delicious, much cheaper, lower in calories and rated number 1.
  • gracejourney
    Options
    Try using Almond Milk, a spoon or two of cottage cheese to get the mix to smooth out and frozen fruit for flavor, I also add flax seeds for more fiber. A good healthy mix for a meal replacement.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I use Shakeology. Only 150 calories and as far as the nutrition, it is the best one.

O, rly? please explain
  • Mocha02
    Options
    I can't help but think your a little misguided here. A protein shake isn't something that's going to assist in your weight loss necessarily. If you had 400 calories to consume, drinking those calories is going to provide you much less satiety than if you had eaten them, especially if we're talking about protein specifically. Consider using protein powders to supplement your diet where you are unable to get enough protein from whole food sources?

If weight loss is your goal you should look to consume .8 - 1g protein and .35 - .4g of fat for every lb of body weight matched with a calorie restricted diet.

Ive read from various sources that protein shakes can be taken even when you are limiting your caloric intake or when you are bulking up. Im mainly using it to restore/build muscle. Im trying to tone up some more and I have to cut the excess fat from certain areas of my body. I also know that I can use one scoop instead of two per serving and/or use water instead of milk to limit the calories. Yes, reading is fundamental and I do understand what I need to do. Thanks for your post! :smile:
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I really like the Body Fortress whey protein and the GNC why protein. Both blend up really smooth with either water or milk. :)
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition Platinum hydro Whey. it is cookies and cream flavor. yum.
    30g of protein to every 140 calories.
  • swatts7622
    swatts7622 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm interested to know of the best (tasting) soy free protein shake - I have a soy allergy (ugh)...

Visalus is soy free and taste YUMMy...like cake batter so you can add in any flavors. so yummy.

I use Visalus too it is yummy!
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I am loving Jay Robb. I mix it with unsweetened almond milk and boy does it taste good.

If I'm not in a hurry I also add almond butter and half of a banana. It tastes better then smoothie king to me .
  • LuciaLongIsland
    Options
    Try using Almond Milk, a spoon or two of cottage cheese to get the mix to smooth out and frozen fruit for flavor, I also add flax seeds for more fiber. A good healthy mix for a meal replacement.

Sounds wonderful, but the blender is a nuisance to wash!!!