Christmas gift ideas for a guy (second date) - HELP!!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Don't get him a thing.

Interesting....why?

It has something to do with allowing him his role.

If you must do something: Keep it VERY SIMPLE. The card is fine. Maybe include a nice line or two saying how much you've enjoyed your dates thus far.
  • samatalma
    Options
    A coupon for a BJ, I'm sure he will cash it in? :smokin:

LMAO this what my fiancee got for Christmas...well, along with a book.
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options

I don't recommend this one. However, what if you include a coupon for a kiss at the end of the date?
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Two dates and he's buying you a Christmas present? Umm... does he have a brother?

I wouldn't get him anything. In my opinion, it's a bit early to be exchanging gifts. Maybe you could take him somewhere nice, something he would like to do, and pay for it (or at least try to) if you're set on getting him something.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    How about a nice bottle of wine?

^^Good idea.
  • polido54
    polido54 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just a simple gift card. its early in the relationship and it seems appropriate. A physical gift is too personal this early.
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    It is kind of soon for gifts after just 2 dates...but thoughtful of him :) I would keep it simple, not try to "match" what he gifted you with. Maybe some home baked goodies (unless you met him on MFP, heh, heh!)? I like the spices/blends idea...if you have a Savory Spice Shop near you they have tons of great gift sets, many under $20. If he drinks, a bottle of wine is a nice idea too.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I am a guy{at least last time I checked}, so IMO it is too early for formal Christmas gifts. Now not knowing how long those three dates have been over and your long termintentions with him. Gas station cards, cook him a nice dinner and movie, bake him some goodies, as other mentioned gift cards to his favorite stores.
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options

Lolooooooooooo!
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I think we all KNOW what he would like....:wink::wink: :wink:
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    You could give him a third date :) , a Christmas card with tickets to watch a film

Love it!!

That's a cute idea! Do this!! Movie tix, restaurant gift card..
  • 1grammie
    1grammie Posts: 163
    Options
    Gifts can be given anytime. Why not wait a little and see if there is a 3rd and 4th date (or more). Then a thoughtful gift of something that reflects his interests would be a nice surprise.
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Do you know what he likes? any interests he has mentioned? that would help you figure it out

He does construction for a living, likes to cook (smokes meat, grill..guy cooking) and make wine. Is that enough to go on?
    You could always smoke meat for him.

baaazinnnnggg
    HAHA Laughed my butt off at this one :laugh:
    That sounds WAY too early for gifts to me. That said, he did give you something. Maybe a gift certificate for dinner with the added implication that you would go with him. It's like insurance for another date.
    I agree with this poster completely, that seems waaay too early for xmas gifts but if you are dead set on return gifting then tickets for something you can do together would be my choice.
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    To be honest, gifts by the second date seems pretty fast to me. Gifts need to be thought out, imo, so it just seems weird.
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    He gave her a gift, she wants to get him something. I think that's pretty cool. And pretty sweet.

There are casual gift options. He got her a spa thing - that's a really sweet thing to do!

The dry rub spices I thought was a really good idea, or speciality hot sauce gift pack. Some seasonal micro-brew beer with a big bow on it. A bottle of wine and two nice wine glasses. A box of Jelly Belly jelly beans. A steak branding iron. Or a mini gift basket with mesquite wood chunks, dry rub and a branding iron. A warm scarf.

OMG everything I'm listing is food or food-related but the scarf. I must be hungry.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't give him anything either. I would be really appreciative of his gift, but I wouldn't get him anything. I don't have a really good reason for this; I just know how I am and the way I operate at the beginning of a potential relationship. So if it feels strange for you to get him a gift, maybe you should go with your gut. But if it seems ok to do it, then do it. Don't do it based on obligation.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Is there a wine or scotch tasting event you could get tickets for? Reflects his wine making interest, and is a great third date. Or is there a band that he likes playing at a pub?