Skinny Fat is my goal

Options
Working in health care for many years I'd never heard the term skinny fat used the way it is used on these forums (it has a very different meaning in healthcare) but people always use it as if it's as bad as being obese. But skinny fat (as it's used here) is exactly what I'm aiming for. I'm not there yet, but I hope to be by the middle of next year.

I'm not saying I want no muscle, but I really only want enough to keep the fat I have left from sagging and to allow me to run and play and do normal activities. But I don't want to drop my body fat % so that my arms look like little sticks with tiny bulges on them and I have buy breast implants so people can tell I'm female. A little firm fat feels nice to the touch and it looks good both in clothes and out.

Skinny fat is my 2012 goal.

Replies

• _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Good luck with that! I will pray that your butt does not get too saggy.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Your entitled to be skinny fat if you want to.:smile:
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I'm confused... I thought skinny fat was when you're weight in in a healthy range but your body fat % is high?
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Having been there, I can tell you that it's no fun
  • neanderthin
    Options
    I'm confused... I thought skinny fat was when you're weight in in a healthy range but your body fat % is high?
    Yup, and that is totally up to the individual, if they see this a their goal.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Um.... Congratulations?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    i don't think it means what you think it means....
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Super! :drinker:
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I deffo want to tone up a wee bit myself, but I do think peoples attitudes towards skinny fat on this site are a bit harsh. I mean, it's still healthier to be skinny fat than obese, and to go from weighing like 300lb to 150lb is still amazing, even if it's purely through diet.

So I say each to their own, yes we know it's healthier and you'll look better if you build a bit of muscle, but for people that aren't that fussed about being fit and strong, who are you ti judge what's right or wrong?

I repeat, skinny fat is still a huge improvement on fat fat.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I wanna be sober-drunk next year! :drinker:

J/K - I don't know what "skinny-fat" means but it made me giggle. :flowerforyou: :tongue:
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Errr Im glad you found your long term goal I guess :flowerforyou:
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,420 Member
    Options

inconceivable!

LOL, my favorite movie!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    This guy here is right on board with you:
    skinnyfat.jpg
  • jennabellaxoxo
    jennabellaxoxo Posts: 232 Member
    Options

That is what I consider skinny fat...and I was skinny fat for years...I prided myself on being small but NEVER EVER working out..now I dont...

I think its great you have a goal, and its ok not to want to me too muscular but to truly acheive an extremely muscular look it takes extreme dedication...It doesnt happen without a plan...So even if you hit some weights/circuit training etc... you wont really risk looking like a fitness competitor or body builder...

Once you acheive skinny fat your goals may change...

Good luck : )
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    well if it is your goal :) me i like to look good with cloths on....and off ;)
  • keesh1123
    keesh1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    well if it is your goal :) me i like to look good with cloths on....and off ;)

THIS
  • neanderthin
    Options

inconceivable!

LOL, my favorite movie!
    As you wish.
  • keesh1123
    keesh1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    This guy here is right on board with you:
    skinnyfat.jpg

LMBO!!!