Skinny Fat is my goal

Options

Replies

• Ripcode
    Ripcode Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    A little firm fat feels nice to the touch and it looks good both in clothes and out.

Firm fat?? Does that exist?
  • xoSundaydrive
    Options
    People should stop judging and picking on her so much.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    This guy here is right on board with you:
    skinnyfat.jpg

he looks like my friend!
    I guess I'm also going for skinny fat, because I want to be an 8/10 possibly even 12. I want to be fit, not skinny.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Working in health care for many years I'd never heard the term skinny fat used the way it is used on these forums (it has a very different meaning in healthcare) but people always use it as if it's as bad as being obese. But skinny fat (as it's used here) is exactly what I'm aiming for. I'm not there yet, but I hope to be by the middle of next year.

I'm not saying I want no muscle, but I really only want enough to keep the fat I have left from sagging and to allow me to run and play and do normal activities. But I don't want to drop my body fat % so that my arms look like little sticks with tiny bulges on them and I have buy breast implants so people can tell I'm female. A little firm fat feels nice to the touch and it looks good both in clothes and out.

Skinny fat is my 2012 goal.

being slim and fit with very little definition is not the same as skinny fat. With skinny fat you would have:
    a small waist measurement but have a muffin top,
    a healthy range of BMI but a BF% above the healthy range,
    triceps that flap (small bat wings),
    possibly a double chin,
    etc.

You can be slim and fit and not be ripped. Skinny fat looks good with cloths on only, fit looks good with cloths on or off, and I don't mean ripped.
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I wanna be sober-drunk next year! :drinker:

BAHAHAHAHA
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I deffo want to tone up a wee bit myself, but I do think peoples attitudes towards skinny fat on this site are a bit harsh. I mean, it's still healthier to be skinny fat than obese, and to go from weighing like 300lb to 150lb is still amazing, even if it's purely through diet.

So I say each to their own, yes we know it's healthier and you'll look better if you build a bit of muscle, but for people that aren't that fussed about being fit and strong, who are you ti judge what's right or wrong?

I repeat, skinny fat is still a huge improvement on fat fat.

not necessarily as a skinny fat person you may have a BF% stating your are obese but your BMI says healthy. BF% matters more for health.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Um... ok?

Just in case, I did want to point out that you don't have only 3 options (fat, skinny fat, stringy muscle). Skinny fat as it is used here is a lowish to normal weight with a high percentage of fat/low percentage of LBM.

The goal I am shooting for is an increase in strength and lean body mass while maintaining a womanly body fat percentage in the low 20's. I like to EAT. My appetite dictates me creating a faster metabolism with more muscle. More muscle does not mean I want an ultra low body fat, because doing so would interfere with my love of eating.

:flowerforyou:
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Your entitled to be skinny fat if you want to.:smile:

• BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Why not fat-fat?
    Or skinny-skinny?
    Or fat-skinny?

Im totally down with sober drunk. Does that mean I can dance on the bar, make out with strangers and no hangover the next day?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Good luck with that! I will pray that your butt does not get too saggy.

Well, I'm 50 and I've been skinny fat for most of life and it wasn't saggy. It's not saggy now. I don't plan to lose muscle, I just don't plan to lose all my fat either.
  • mysteria_
    mysteria_ Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I agree that people are pretty harsh with the "skinny fat" thing... somebody called me skinny fat before, actually. Just because I'm not bursting with muscle is no excuse to call someone names or insult their body type... I feel fit and healthy, and just because someone looks "skinny fat" or whatever does not mean they are necessarily unhealthy.

I think it's just another way to criticize people you don't agree with. Not everyone on this board is harsh like that, but some are, and frankly it's no different than insulting someone for being overweight. I am happy with my body type, so whatever.
  • bcattoes
    Options
    Why not fat-fat?
    Or skinny-skinny?
    Or fat-skinny?

Im totally down with sober drunk. Does that mean I can dance on the bar, make out with strangers and no hangover the next day?

fat-fat is unhealthy
    skinny-skinny in unattractive
    fat-skinny - is that the same as skinny fat?
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Huh???
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Good luck, OP! I would much rather be skinny fat than fat fat :laugh:

Who really cares what skinny fat really means, or what Dr. Oz said once, or what you read on the Internets. If she says she wants to be skinny-fat, let her be.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I don't plan to lose muscle, I just don't plan to lose all my fat either.
    Then it doesn't seem as though skinny fat is your goal. You say "the way 'skinny fat' is used on this forum" is what you are aiming for, but I've always understood the term (here and in healthcare) to mean "very little muscle, even for someone who is a healthy weight." It doesn't really sound like that is what you're going for.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Good luck with that! I will pray that your butt does not get too saggy.

Well, I'm 50 and I've been skinny fat for most of life and it wasn't saggy. It's not saggy now. I don't plan to lose muscle, I just don't plan to lose all my fat either.

it sounds like you want to be lean, which is different than skinny fat.

i don't necessarily want to go win powerlifting competitions, but that's not the same as me starting a post saying that my goal is to be weak. see what i mean?
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Bcatts why would you want to look skinny fat? That makes no sense. You'll look ..well...hideous.

How about just keep dieting and incorporate some strength training just to make sure you don't get bad body composition?

Seriously.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I deffo want to tone up a wee bit myself, but I do think peoples attitudes towards skinny fat on this site are a bit harsh. I mean, it's still healthier to be skinny fat than obese, and to go from weighing like 300lb to 150lb is still amazing, even if it's purely through diet.

So I say each to their own, yes we know it's healthier and you'll look better if you build a bit of muscle, but for people that aren't that fussed about being fit and strong, who are you ti judge what's right or wrong?

I repeat, skinny fat is still a huge improvement on fat fat.

not necessarily as a skinny fat person you may have a BF% stating your are obese but your BMI says healthy. BF% matters more for health.

Yeah but most people that go from being obese to thin do lose BF% at the same time. I mean I know you lose muscle as well as fat while dieting but usually someone who loses large amounts of weight will improve their BF% naturally, even if that wasn't their aim.

End of the day, skinny fat still looks better than fat fat, so even if you don't care about your health skinny fat is way better than fat fat.

Again, I don't want to be skinny fat, I want to be lean and strong, but people need to stop hating on the skinny fat because losing a tone of weight is still a huge achievment, improves your health and makes you look better!
  • bcattoes
    Options

I think my body fat is at or near a healthy range (about 26-27% by most calculations). I'd like to drop it to somewhere in the 23-24 range. I don't want to go below 20. With muscle underneath so it's not saggy.
  • Dustinryan24
    Dustinryan24 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    if thats what you want, then go for it.. it shouldnt be hard to reach that goal..
    ill bet you change your mind though when you get there.. best of luck