Protein powder recipes, please!

Options
13»

Replies

• chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    6 oz water or orange juice, one scoop of vanilla or strawberry powder, 1/4-1/2 cup of frozen berries...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I've used it in a cheesecake made with fat free cream cheese. I have also used it in black bean brownies (it was an experiment, the texture was a bit odd). I have used vanilla in my banana pancakes. I also make an orange julius with that frozen oj concentrate, liquid oj, Greek yogurt, and a scoop of vanilla protein poweder.
  • Jazzyjules71
    Jazzyjules71 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    BUMP, I need to some back to these!
  • nursestewart
    nursestewart Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I like 1 scoop of chocolate whey protein powder or brown rice protein powder, 1 cup of so delicious unsweetened coconut milk, 1 large hand full of frozen spinach, 1/2 frozen banana and 2 TBSP of golden flax seed. Put into vita mix on high and blend away. If I want it extra cold I add 2 ice cubes. This is my favorite shake. If using the chocolate whey protein powder it adds up to approximately 327 calories. I use this shake as my breakfast. I stay full usually for 5-6 hours.

No you can not taste the spinach. If you don't put the banana in there you will...
  • ashxo12
    ashxo12 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    yum. I have been looking into the whey protein. might just up my ambition!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Chocolate whey protien, 2 tablespoons plain greek style yogurt, 1/2 banana, a tablespoon of milled flax seeds or alternately 6 raw almonds or a tablespoon of peanutbutter. I leave out the banana if it's for after morning workout. When you do the peanut butter, banana and chocolate, it tastes like a liquid reeses pnut butter cup! Just not quite so sweet. When you do the alomonds it tasted like a hersheys with almonds!
  • Boo_08
    Boo_08 Posts: 102
    Options
    bump
  • JoleyH
    JoleyH Posts: 1
    Options
    I am SO going to try this! Thanks.
  • azjenny72
    azjenny72 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    bump