Songs they should not play at the Gym....

Options
Karabobarra
Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
I was at the gym today and I don't have an Ipod.... so sometimes I exercise to the beat of the music that is playing in the gym, usally this is good as most of the songs are upbeat and have a good tempo to them. Then all of a sudden they play that one song that seems to make time move slower, seems to make every muscle ache a little more, and makes a person wish for a temporary hearing loss. ... or a remote to the radio...lol

For me today that song was..... (I don't even know that name of it) but the lyrics are "I can't wait for you to be my wife" lol, It's perfect for romance and slow dance (for some people) but horrble for the gym!!

What are some other songs that should be outlawed in the gym???

Replies

• daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    My gym in China had "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" on loop this morning. I vote for banning all Christmas music from the gym - it doesn't make me want to push myself, it makes me want to eat fruitcake!
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    any Backstreet Boys lol
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Swear that an instructor at the gym had S & M playing during a class. I thought it pretty inappropriate.
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Any Justin Bieber or Michael Buble...
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Mine has never played any beaty type music, they just put a radio station on so I listen to MOS running trax, one of which warbles - 'will you meet me half way?' !!!
  • Dustinryan24
    Dustinryan24 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    any country song! country music is so lame

also the song by foster the people pumped up kicks! that song makes me want to punch someone in the throat
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    any Backstreet Boys lol
    What?! No way... BSB 4 life!
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Weird Al Yankovic - Eat it
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    anything by avril levine lol
  • anyonebutmehaha
    Options
    "moves like jagger" by maroon 5. makes me wanna run out of gym screaming.
  • Karabobarra
    Options

Awe....I actually like this one...lol
  • Karabobarra
    Options

Awe....I actually like this one...lol
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    anything by avril lavinge, justin beiber, westlife, mariah carey, michael buble, selena gomez, rebecca black. :laugh:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard it at a gym, but "I'm So Tired" by the Beatles wouldn't get my engine revved. :yawn:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    any country song! country music is so lame

also the song by foster the people pumped up kicks! that song makes me want to punch someone in the throat

^^^ OMG yes! Every once in awhile they sneak in a country song. Save that crap for a drive in the hills. I'm trying to work out here! Also, any song with a slow dance beat - cheesy romance music for example - is soooo inappropriate at the gym. It really takes the wind out of my sails...I mean it absolutely destroys me. :explode:
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Personally I find this song offensive, based on the lyrics, I was part of the Columbine response.
  • RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    @Newff - I don't understand how that song can be played on any radio.

All of the above plus: Party Rock Anthem. It makes me want to run out screaming.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    All of the above plus: Party Rock Anthem. It makes me want to run out screaming.

Too funny - I had this on loop during my workout this morning!
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    50cents I'll take you to the candy shop

Lolol
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    just proof that you can't ban any music because someone will hate it and someone will love it. I'm a country music fan! It's not lame, people who hate country music are lame! :laugh: