Where is everyone from, heritage.. ethnicity etc.

Options

Replies

• Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I was raised by a pack of lesbian wolves. Not really sure about my ethnicity (I am thinking there is ostrich in there somewhere)

hehe! love this!:laugh:
  • SeattleLove
    Options
    I'm from Germany and completly German :) I lived in the U.S. for a while though, but now I'm back in Germany....
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    My mom was a war bride from Scotland. My dad met her in Scotland during WW II. His mother came from Scotland as well, and on my grandfather's side, my cousin has traced the family tree back to England. And my hubby came to Canada from Scotland when he was 10 :o)
  • Mocha02
    Options
    Mom: West Indian by way of Antigua, WI (her great grandfather was Portugese---grumpy and prejudice man but loved his own black kids??)

Father: Also from Antigua, WI...

Native language in Antigua: Potwa

Me: Born and raised in NYC and later to Jerz

Love my heritage though!!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :smooched:
  • Mostly German, a little bit of Polish & Scottish.
  • TamsinEllis
    Options
    Ah I love reading these things, sadly I'm not too interesting, I'm mostly English on my fathers side, with the tiniest dregs of Mexican since My great-great-great grandpa was from there (I don't know much about it since our family doesn't talk about heritage much). My dad you can see it in, me you can only see it in when it's summer since I go from being a pale olive to a dark tan (although I do have a bush of hair .. literally a bush but doubt that's related to it that much xD). On my mother's side I'm Russian with a bit of German thrown in there. Enough to make me a mongrel but I like to think that it makes my family interesting to look at.
  • anima_gemella
    anima_gemella Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    100% Italian ;)
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Both parents are full-blooded Italian. I LOVE my heritage ! :heart:
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    i'm filipino, portuguese, spanish, chinese
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    My mother is from Venezuela, but my dad is from the US although his father and mother both have German ancestry. So that's pretty much what I am.
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    English, Irish, and German.
  • CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I love to see how diverse everyone is on here!! Amazing!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Both mom and dad and all subsequent grand parents were all born in India. ..My dad was raised in Kenya...mom of course Bombay...both moved to Kenya after the marriage. (dad took a ferry to India to get him a bride) Brother and SIster were born in Keyna. I was born in England but raised in the states.

I was raised pretty traditional India...but luckily my parents saw the errors of their ways once my first marriage..which was arranged..ended in divorce

Now..my husband is 1/2 polish, 1/4 iris, 1/4 german (we dont talk about that part for some reason). My kids are 1/2 black and white (adopted). Eventually I want to do a DNA on them to get to the nitty gritty of their lineage...
  • becky2967
    Options
    i am 3/4 english, and 1/4 italian. my little boy's more a mix because my husbands 2/4 german 1/4 spanish and 1/4 english. x
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    100% Chinese born in Maryland.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Dutch mother and Chinese father. Dinner time was always interesting.
  • rowerrunnercmt
    Options
    On my mother's side, I'm completely Scandinavian (mostly Swedish, some Norwegian). My maternal grandparents were first generation (their parents came through Ellis Island I believe), so my mom is second generation (and I suppose that makes me third generation).
    I don't know as much about my father's side. I know that side of the family has been in America since colonial times, and that it's a mix of northern European ethnicities. My surname is Scottish in origin.
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I am about 3/4 German 1/4 Irish. A great grandfather on my father's side was the first generation from Germany to the US, a great grandfather on my mom's was also first generation. Both great grandfather's settled into what is now Federal Hill in Baltimore, MD. It's funny both my mom and dad's relatives lived just blocks from one another in Federal Hill but my mom and dad met however many years later an hour from that area. Small world.
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    American. My great-grandfather was French and emigrated from Belgium. I also have British Isles and German ancestry.
  • LilianaGarciia
    LilianaGarciia Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Im from Portugal :D

my ethnicity is angolan - african and Portuguese

x