Where is everyone from, heritage.. ethnicity etc.

Options

Replies

• Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    My siblings and I were the first in our family born in America. We're all Irish, though my grandad was born in England. So technically I'm American, but I'm a UK citizen and have an Irish passport. Figure that one out.
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I have lived in America in Illinois my whole life. If I remember correctly, there I am part German, Swedish and some other ones that I can't remember.
  • healthyyme
    healthyyme Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Dad: Togolese
    Mom: German and Romanian
    :) I like to call myself a halfrican.
  • nroisland
    nroisland Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    German Russian and a little Scottish
  • algoldsw
    Options
    half portuguese on moms, irish and scottish on dads. originally from cali but i live in VA now.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Chinese, French, Polish, Puerto Rican. :3 I live in Hawaii.
  • babyv1027
    Options
    I was born in Pembroke Pines, FL but raised in Miami. My mom's parents are from Cuba they came in the 60's and my dad is Salvadorian, so pretty much I consider myself a mutt hehe. But I grew up with Cuban, Mexican, and Colombian influence due to my mom growing up in California (Mexican Influence) and my aunt's husband's family is Colombian and his mom use to take care of me as a kid. I like to think of myself as just being a proud hispanic. I know about different hispanic cultures and I enjoy every single one of them as well. :happy: :bigsmile:

And now I'm curious to see when me and my boyfriend decided to have kids because hes Irish and German I have dark brown hair and light brown eyes and he has reddish/blondish hair and crystal blue eyes.
  • Segrande
    Options
    Full Singaporean Chinese. :3
  • babyv1027
    Options
    My boyfriend is Irish his grandmother was actually born in United Kingdom but she came to the States when she was pretty young. As I'm hispanic I think its amazing to get to know people from his heritage and get to know more about his culture and he pretty much knows all about mines because he grew up with hispanics here in Florida. Am curious to know is there anyone with Irish backgrounds I would like to know about his culture as I plan to marry him one day hehe.
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'm half Greek and black :)

My great grandfather immigrated here from Greece with his wife and then his son married a woman who lived in Greece that he brought to the states :) My dad, who is the greek one, lived in New York and since he was in the military came down here to North Carolina where he met my mom!
  • blasiansrus
    Options
    Half Filipino & half Black w/Native American mixed in the Black side [not enough to really count though]
    :)
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I was adopted....wish I knew!
  • ryvenna
    ryvenna Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm Turkish, but my family has a v. convoluted hx... I was born in Ankara, Turkey and permanently moved to the States when I was halfway through 3rd grade~
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm English, but my great great grandparents were both Italian :)
  • victoria233
    Options
    Danish & Scottish!
  • sms1986
    sms1986 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm from England and I am mostly English with some Irish on both sides (my closest Irish ancestor being a maternal great great grandmother from Dublin), although two of my maternal great great grandfathers are unknown. There's more distant Scottish (mainly on my father's side), and Welsh (mainly on my mother's side), whilst there are some pre-1600 lines that are not fully 100% proven that come from all over Europe.

My family tree includes relatives from various countries, as well as some famous people, including most US Presidents and Samuel Gorton (he's the brother of my 11x great grandfather).

Is anyone else on 23andMe?
  • ShefMum
    ShefMum Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm adopted.
    What cultures and traditions were you brought up with though?
  • ShefMum
    ShefMum Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I was adopted....wish I knew!
    How have you been brought up though?
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    My siblings and I were the first in our family born in America. We're all Irish, though my grandad was born in England. So technically I'm American, but I'm a UK citizen and have an Irish passport. Figure that one out.

I understand.. I hold both an American and British passport...So Indian by heritage, British by birth, American by choice
  • flsunshine
    flsunshine Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    mostly polish with some german and prussian and perhaps russian and a little native american (Cherokee) thats just from what we know of.