Just curious If you meet your goal this year????

Options
Im usually telling myself every year that Im going to lose weight by the end of the year so I have finally done that for the first time. I was just wondering what is next to have for a accomplishment in the year 2012. Any suggestions? I know now to continue to stay healthy and not let myself EVER get heavy again and to live a healthy lifestlye.. Just curious what others are thinking.

Susie Q

Replies

• limestar
    limestar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I met my goal weight. I now focus on what my body can do. My goal is to be stronger, lift heavier, run races and try something new. You should focus on what you can achieve and try something new, who knows you might find something that you were born for :)
  • Scoobiesnax
    Scoobiesnax Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I achieved my main goal of running my first ever marathon in 2011...and I also achieved my secondary goals by losing 12 pounds, and eating healthier. (I'm currently on a 2 week hiatus from the healthy eating though :) )
  • jamja
    jamja Posts: 190
    Options
    Yup. Reached it this year!!
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    Options
    So proud of ya'll and thanks for the advise. Ive tried a couple of new things latley and Im enjoying the skinny feeling.. hehe. :) Ya'll have a MERRY CHRISTMAS. :)
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    Options
    BUMP
  • melhayes1115
    melhayes1115 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I did not meet my weight loss goal this year. I was lazy up until about mid May when I found a great support group, and since then I have been doing well. I have lost 56lbs and I am only 17lbs away from my goal. My resolution for this coming year is to lose the last 17 and continue working out and eating right.
  • Shausil82
    Shausil82 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I didn't meet my goal this year. I'm 9 pounds away right now. My goal for 2012 is to lose the rest of my weight by February, and maintain it. I want to do a lot of toning and strength training so I can try to lose some of the excess skin I have. I'm going to be 30 next year, and I was obese from age 8 to 28. I'm almost to healthy BMI, and I want to spend the next 30+ years healthy.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a specific goal but I did lose all the weight that I gained this year, so I'm happy. :)
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I exceeded the amount of weight that i had "goaled" to lose this year (it was 52 lbs and I lost 69 this year). I am not at goal weight - But i still have a ways to go and i am super happy that i met my 2011 Goal. Here is to 2012 - Goal 52 lbs :)!!! (which will still not bring me to my end goal but will be closer :)!!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    did not meet my goal, but hopefully next year, and before my 21st b-day in summer, lol
  • Sheriemae
    Options
    I've met the No Smoking goal :smile: February 1st will be 1 year smoke free, but unfortunately I gained weight. I got really lazy around April, I would only workout here and there and ate a lot of junk, so I ended up gaining all of the 20 (+ a couple) pounds that I lost before quitting (thank goodness I lost before quitting) I've been on the right track since the beginning of November and have lost 8 pounds, so I'm back on the right track. Goal for 2012 is to contintue to be smoke free and get as close as possible to my goal weight.
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a specific "lose so many pounds in 2011" goal, but I did want to lose weight and get healthier. I've definitely accomplished that. I've lost 35lbs and my blood pressure has gone down drastically. I also "found myself" more than I ever could've imagined this year as well.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal? Met.
    Running a 5k goal? Met.
    Running the Warrior Dash? Met.
    Winning a medal in a 5k? Met.
    Running a 10k? Met, and won a medal in that, too!
    Wearing a prom dress I bought more than 20 years ago? Met.
    Fitting into a pair of jeans from high school? Met, but they're painfully tight. :laugh:

Next year? I want a trophy. :drinker:

And a job. :frown:
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't reach my goal weight (still far from it) and can come up with a million reasons why.... the main one being that I've slacked off for the last few months. BUT I've ended the year lighter than I started it, and that's always a good thing.

Here's to reaching my goal weight in 2012 - and making my body stronger and more flexible in the process!! It won't be about the number on the scale this year (although it will be a factor), it will be about improving my BF%, lifting heavier and pushing my body to it's limits. This body has always been fat-fat... I don't want it to ever be skinny-fat!
  • chriscoates7025
    chriscoates7025 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My goal was to loose 40 pounds and I met that, so I expanded my goal to 55 pounds later in the year. That I did not meet.
    The 2012 goal will be to loose the last 10 pounds and keep it off.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Not yet. I want bodyfat of 18%.
  • mandyschalk
    mandyschalk Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I did not meet mine this year. I didnt think I would either how ever... In late March I decided to get moving and at that point I had around 100 lbs to lose. Over this year I have lost about 55 lbs. So this coming year the rest of it will come off!!

Congrats to all of those who met there goals!!
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    My goal on the 1st January was to lose 1lb a week - I reached that goal on 25th November, and have since lost another 6lbs.

It will be the same goal that I set myself on 1st January next year too!
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    Options
    Reading the success stories and the ones that are not giving up makes me so happy and proud of all of you my MFP friends.. You all are amazing and hang in there you do see the light at the end of the tunnel.. :) Happy Holidays to everyone. :)
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    Options
    bump