Was told to, "Go back to Mexico". . .

Options
2»

Replies

• daisy89
    daisy89 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    good for you, for not cussing and insulting her. let me do it for you, "que vaya al diablo la cabrona!!!"

A ha ha ha! Thanks! That seriously put a smile on my face.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Your boyfriend's sister is obviously having some serious issues...she is just unhappy with her life and taking it out on you because she is jealous of what you have accomplished and the good place you are in. Props to you for taking the high road.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    it sucks that some people are so petty to resort to racism. Really, if you do that, you're the lowest of low. But, I do commend you for not responding, I can't guarantee that I wouldn't have.
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I love how she threatens to beat your @$$ but then says you are the psycho because you would report someone assaulting you to the police.

LOL seriously. She, a 24 year old "woman", threatens to kill you all because you did what HER parents asked, but NO, you are psycho because you might potentially go to the police if you were assaulted...I mean... who would do such a thing =P She sounds pretty pathetic. Good for you for not sinking down to her level, that's what she would have wanted you to do. Instead, you just continued to show how much more mature you really are.

Oh and I completely agree with the person who mentioned how completely foolish she looks to post such things on facebook. It ups her pathetic-ness 100 times. Really, anyone who posts statuses trying to degrade other people, or about intimate details of their lives, look so ridiculous to anyone with a brain. Facebook is NOT a diary, people.
  • nurse_chris
    Options
    Congrats for taking the highroad! That truly is the hardest thing to do. My only piece of advice would be to copy/screen save her comments just in case she ever falls back into a mental lapse.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    As previously stated I would print out the screen shots, she may be makeing empty threats but it sounds that she is very immature and my line of thinking would be more along the lines of a cars being vandalized, annonymous calls to your place of employment. To have the proof now and be prepared is always better than trying to gather it after the fact.

Now for the unpopular words, your boyfriend should have been the one to text his parents not you, this is his family and even if someday they might be yours it should have been his responsibility.
  • daisy89
    Options
    I love how she threatens to beat your @$$ but then says you are the psycho because you would report someone assaulting you to the police.

LOL seriously. She, a 24 year old "woman", threatens to kill you all because you did what HER parents asked, but NO, you are psycho because you might potentially go to the police if you were assaulted...I mean... who would do such a thing =P She sounds pretty pathetic. Good for you for not sinking down to her level, that's what she would have wanted you to do. Instead, you just continued to show how much more mature you really are.

Oh and I completely agree with the person who mentioned how completely foolish she looks to post such things on facebook. It ups her pathetic-ness 100 times. Really, anyone who posts statuses trying to degrade other people, or about intimate details of their lives, look so ridiculous to anyone with a brain. Facebook is NOT a diary, people.

I felt the same way!

Yes, of course I will call the police and press charges if you assault me, you have also been threatening me! She knows I'm going to be a lawyer (adoption law, I'm gonna be one of the good guys C:) which is probably why she said that.

None of her friends know me, so she's just ranting about a stranger to them, but it does make me feel like crap to hear my name being dragged through the mud. : [
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way!

Yes, of course I will call the police and press charges if you assault me, you have also been threatening me! She knows I'm going to be a lawyer (adoption law, I'm gonna be one of the good guys C:) which is probably why she said that.

None of her friends know me, so she's just ranting about a stranger to them, but it does make me feel like crap to hear my name being dragged through the mud. : [

I know what you mean, and I am not sure if I would have the self-control not to retaliate. But, you really are doing the right thing. As difficult as it seems, she is the one looking like a fool so just continue to let herself be the idiot and you continue just taking screen shots and ignoring her.

And adoption law is awesome, go you <3
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you really have your act together, know where you're going, and are very happy with your life. And it sounds like she's the exact opposite, not taking care of herself, no plan to start, and probably unhappy with herself. She may be jealous of you as a respectable and accomplished woman. And her parents are still treating her like a child. Then you got put into this incredibly odd situation where they asked you to inform them if she did something they didn't like. That's really not fair of them to put you in that situation. She's not a child, she's an adult, they shouldn't have to ask you to supervise a grown woman. If they trust her so little in their home, she shouldn't even be allowed to be there when they're not around. And like pp said, you are not family yet, it shouldn't fall on you to tell them what's going on in their own family. It's kind of odd for anyone to be checking up on a grown woman in the first place (even if she does act like a child), surely she was just that much more offended that it was YOU, someone who's not yet a member of the family and someone she's probably jealous of. The whole situation is just strange. I'm sorry that you had to deal with it but as others have said, it's very impressive that you were able to hold your composure.

I would recommend setting some kind of boundaries in he future where you do not get saddled with babysitting jobs that are not really your business. It's great that they have that kind of trust in you but really it's kind of odd that they tasked you with checking up on her in the first place. They need to take care of some of the issues in their family without you getting dragged into it, especially since she has anger issues that she seems to like to throw in your direction.
  • daisy89
    Options
    Sounds like you really have your act together, know where you're going, and are very happy with your life. And it sounds like she's the exact opposite, not taking care of herself, no plan to start, and probably unhappy with herself. She may be jealous of you as a respectable and accomplished woman. And her parents are still treating her like a child. Then you got put into this incredibly odd situation where they asked you to inform them if she did something they didn't like. That's really not fair of them to put you in that situation. She's not a child, she's an adult, they shouldn't have to ask you to supervise a grown woman. If they trust her so little in their home, she shouldn't even be allowed to be there when they're not around. And like pp said, you are not family yet, it shouldn't fall on you to tell them what's going on in their own family. It's kind of odd for anyone to be checking up on a grown woman in the first place (even if she does act like a child), surely she was just that much more offended that it was YOU, someone who's not yet a member of the family and someone she's probably jealous of. The whole situation is just strange. I'm sorry that you had to deal with it but as others have said, it's very impressive that you were able to hold your composure.

I would recommend setting some kind of boundaries in he future where you do not get saddled with babysitting jobs that are not really your business. It's great that they have that kind of trust in you but really it's kind of odd that they tasked you with checking up on her in the first place. They need to take care of some of the issues in their family without you getting dragged into it, especially since she has anger issues that she seems to like to throw in your direction.

Thank you so much for your advice!

His parents really do have a lot of trust in us. They asked to tell them because they weren't sure if she'd even be coming over. She has her own apartment an hour and a half away.

I was the one to place the text because my boyfriend was still unloading the car and his sister was talking to him about something at one point.

We're going to play it by ear til his parents come home (next week) then I'm assuming that we'll all discuss what happened.

It'll just be me picking them up from the airport, so I know we'll have a lengthy car ride to talk then.

Also, they asked me to pick them up because my bf will be at work when they land, and that she can't be relied on to be there for them. . .

Yeah, I agree asking us to watch over her was a bit weird, but they mainly just wanted us to watch the house. None of us thought we'd come over to find a party. Maybe it should have been expected though. . .
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    This lady is 24 years old? HOLY CRAP! Um. Wow. Suicidal maniac?? But honestly... I wouldn't go too far as to wonder if she's not cracked out on drugs and it's contributing to this behavior? And no offense to her parents but they are totally feeding her lifestyle by paying for everything. At TWENTY FOUR YEARS OLD she is legally considered on her own by everyone, including financial aid. That is absolutely freaking nuts!! I can say I have seen and been an 18 year old acting like this but a 24 year old?!? I cannot believe ANYONE would except this behavior. I'm surprised she even has friends. They are obviously a bunch of drugged up loons that need therapy and cut off financially. Seriously....... her parents need to cut her off completely. She will destroy the whole family if this continues. This is absolutely ridiculous! She is a very real threat to threaten murder to you over a public Facebook account. Why haven't you called the cops? You all sound too nice and are all feeding her behavior in the long run. Stop being run over and allowing her to treat you like absolutely dirt! She barely deserves to walk with all that garbage going on. Heh, sorry, just insanely crazy that a human being could be this way to their own family. It has to be drugs.

And parents.... OMG! Where are they thinking that someone like this should be fed financially??? And allowed to disrespect their family?? Yikes!
  • kelseyt17
    kelseyt17 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    People that can't think of a REAL reason to insult you bring race into it. Think of it as a compliment cause she knows herself that you were right... she just doesn't want to admit it.
  • cinditree
    cinditree Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Sounds like she is on drugs based on her behavior, I would be careful, keep documentation of all threats and don't under estimate what she would do she is already acting crazy. Good job taking the high road. the parents need to watch out if she is on drugs it only gets worse and worse, and lock up their valuables.

Sorry you had to put up with her BS, hope you have a wonderful Christmas : )
  • dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Stories like this always remind me of something I saw on a t-shirt many, many moons ago:

Living well is the best revenge.

Forget about her, go on living your life and being awesome while she continues to be a waste of space (and she knows it).
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    She sounds like a psycho. You obviously have the support of the rest of your bf's family. She only demeans herself by putting those things in writing on FB. She resorts to racism because, like others who do similar, she has nothing in her arsenal of any substance to fling your way.

Live your life well. It's the best revenge.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    My husband works for a Sheriff's department, so what I'm saying isn't necessarily what you will want to do, but what you need to do for your own safety. PRINT EVERYTHING AND REPORT IT NOW! Yes, I know it may cause more of a strain in the family now, but you will need the evidence that she has threatened you so that you can prove self defense in case she does try something. Not to mention that a visit from the cops may actually help her get her act together.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't let insults coming from someone like that phase you. You have a future ahead of you, and clearly this person has absolutely nothing good coming to them. Her habits will be her undoing.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    you are an impressive person.
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    My husband works for a Sheriff's department, so what I'm saying isn't necessarily what you will want to do, but what you need to do for your own safety. PRINT EVERYTHING AND REPORT IT NOW! Yes, I know it may cause more of a strain in the family now, but you will need the evidence that she has threatened you so that you can prove self defense in case she does try something. Not to mention that a visit from the cops may actually help her get her act together.

^^^over-reacting^^^ (yawn).... the sister is not going to do anything, she probably feels bad by now...

That is the problem with facebook though, people post the dumbest things... but I'm sure you will all get over it and move on, or you might decide his family is too much for you, LOL

How about your family? are they more functional?