flat stomach success?

Just wondering if anyone out there has had success with achieving a flat stomach? How long has it taken you? What did you do?
Pictures?

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    bump
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    bump
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Good morning, and bump !
  • Soccer_chick916
    Soccer_chick916 Posts: 159 Member
    bump...

I would like to know because I have a horribly huge belly that I would like to lose as well... no luck so far
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Nutrition is extremely important. You can't spot reduce fat, so you need to reduce your over all body fat percentage. Stay away from foods that bloat you like artificial sweeteners and excess sodium. Build muscle all over; it burns more calories than fat. You can do it!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    everybody does it the same way with the exception of lipo, maintain a consistent caloric deficit until you lose fat around your abdomen
  • ladykate7
    ladykate7 Posts: 206 Member
    Build muscle all over; it burns more calories than fat. You can do it!

I recently read the same thing. Getting and maintaining muscle should be a priority, not just cardio.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    bump
  • Merry Christmas and Bump!
    I'd like to know too
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    bump
  • I am about 90& of the way to a flat stomach... In the last month, I've cut my lower abdomen (belly) fat down by a great amount... I've lost 85 or so pounds, but still was having trouble losing that last spot of fat... SO, I started adding a lot of strength training to workouts and VOILA..

STRENGTH TRAINING WORKS...ESPECIALLY LOWER BODY

By building muscle mass everywhere, one's body feeds off of calories put into it ALL day long, as muscle uses more calories than fat does.
  • cshine06
    cshine06 Posts: 139 Member
    Bump
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    I already do weights :)
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    My Before:

front010103.jpg

After 12 Weeks:

front032603.jpg

Sorry, I didn't have any after 6 months when I had a 6-pack.

And a couple recent pics showing my stomach after abdominal surgery on August 31st.

abssideview121611.jpg

absfrontview121611.jpg

I'm not quite back to completely flat since surgery, but I haven't been working on it like I should either. And I have lost an inch from my waist and 4 1/2 inches from my lower abdominal area. Eventually, I'll have my 6-pack back so I can compete in body building competitions. Oh, and this is all after 2 children and multiple abdominal surgeries, so I know that you can get a big improvement even if it isn't a perfect 6-pack even after having the abdominal muscles cut. :wink:
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    I am about 90& of the way to a flat stomach... In the last month, I've cut my lower abdomen (belly) fat down by a great amount... I've lost 85 or so pounds, but still was having trouble losing that last spot of fat... SO, I started adding a lot of strength training to workouts and VOILA..

STRENGTH TRAINING WORKS...ESPECIALLY LOWER BODY

By building muscle mass everywhere, one's body feeds off of calories put into it ALL day long, as muscle uses more calories than fat does.

^^^^this. I also strength train and lost inches around my belly. 3x week for 3mos, I have shaved off nearly six inches at my belly button circumference! :)
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    I did it. Lost 15 inches off my waist and now I have 25 inch waist and 26 inch navel. You just have to lose enough fat. Also low sugar helps a ton. Strength training made no difference for me. Your body fat needs to probably be around 18% to get flat stomach and my abs are only starting to appear at somewhere around 15%.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    calorie deficit :)
  • Hikaru37
    Hikaru37 Posts: 177 Member
    Bump
  • unicorn1081
    unicorn1081 Posts: 133 Member
    :
    bump...

I would like to know because I have a horribly huge belly that I would like to lose as well... no luck so far
    what she said! wink:
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,186 Member
    Okay...

Calorie deficit/nutrition/cardio

You cannot spot reduce fat loss. Your body has layers of fats, your will burn the last layers first and first layers last. So when you get to a certain point it becomes much harder! I am in the process of getting the abs showing.

One thing you need to get out of your mind, Working your abs will not burn that fat in that area, they will just give you stronger abs. You most likely already have abs, you just need to stay committed to a deficit and cardio.

I also do a low carb diet which is forcing my body to burn my fat storage as an energy. However this is no good if you are not at a lower enough body fat %. For a male you need to be around 12% or under and Females I think is around the 15% mark.

I am no expert on this, I am still learning, but I am seeing results.

I hope this has been helpful
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!