What is your hobby?

Options
Momkat65
Momkat65 Posts: 317 Member
What do you do for fun?

I'm tired of cooking, cleaning and not being appreciated.

I need a hobby.
(been spending too much time on laptop)

Open to suggestions!

Replies

• bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I have a few...

My main hobby (riding horses) became my job, which became me not having time for a whole lot else, which is fine by me.

I dabble in photography, graphic and web design, I draw, and I used to show dogs. But really my life mostly revolves around horses.

I would love to surf! But I moved away from the ocean D:
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    i am really into cross-stitch embroidery! i also enjoy cooking and baking as a hobby - i love giving people delicious gifts of food :D reading is a definite past-time of mine, although i've currently exhausted all my reading material (i live in china and it's hard to get good books)

if you're interested and have the resources, you could get into photography as well! it gets you out of doors and moving too ;)
  • RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Working out at the gym is my new hobby. Besides that I love to dabble in photography and photoshop.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I play guitar, and workout. I am addicted to MFP.
  • RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I play guitar, and workout. I am addicted to MFP.

This. Minus the guitar. :)
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I knit, sew, crochet, and design knitwear patterns. I work a second job at a specialty yarn shop :)
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Do I have to list just one?

I do various things. I'll just list them.

Photography...Mostly landscape, wildlife, and macro shots of bugs. I also have a weird affliction for photographing trees. The only people I'm interested in photographing are my own family.
    Hiking....I try to do a hike on every trip I take, anywhere, near or far.
    Knitting...I taught myself how to knit last year and completely love it.
    Drawing....Have done this all of my life. My mom was a painter.
    Make Jewelry...Started doing this because I could never find anything that I LOVED out in the shops and I'm not a huge fan of gold/diamonds.

Antiquing
    Gardening....I've done this since I was a kid. My grandparents had a farm and always grew their own produce.
    Traveling
    Reading....Always been an avid reader.
    Writing....I only write children's stories though. Mostly it's for fun but I'd love to have something published one day.

and finally Cooking....I've taught myself how to cook, years ago but I'm still learning things.

This year I hope to learn another language so that'll be a new hobby and also to learn how to play the piano properly.
  • nukehiker
    Options
    Hiking, and photography are my main hobbies. love to check out new places when i travel for work which is close to 6 months a year.....
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    -Continuing to learn German (I was a foreign exchange student my junior year of high school and learned a lot, but I'm always trying to learn more).
    -Baking/decorating cupcakes (it's sort of an expensive hobby, but all my friends LOVE me for it, haha)
    -Photography
    -Playing the cello
    -Writing
  • wildhehr2
    wildhehr2 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I draw (and am really bad at it), and I try to learn dances to specific songs...like what you see in the music videos...my "thriller" is coming along quite nicely (no one in my family knows I do this, so it takes awhile).
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    working out, knitting, sewing and altering my clothes, cooking, playing games with my family on the Xbox with kinects :smooched: . I also love action and comedy movies and stand up. My all times favorite comedians are Carlos Mencia, Russel peters, Chris Rock, and Jeff Dunham. I have been to see them all live they ROCK!!! :bigsmile:
    I am also addicted to family guy, and the Simpsons for some reason :huh:
  • sumnerfan
    sumnerfan Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I really need a hobby. I was thinking about making jewelry, but I'm afraid to invest in the tools and then not enjoy it or worse not be good at it.
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    -Working out
    -Hiking
    -Fishing
    -Camping
    -Dancing
    -Writing
    -Reading
    -Cooking
    -Decorating
    -Sewing

...and I cannot forget my diehard addiction to MFP <3
  • ka_bateman
    ka_bateman Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I just turned our hobby of fish keeping into a job by opening a small tropical fish store in central california. Before we opened the store, we had 5 tanks in our house...a 300 gallon, 72 gallon, 50 gallon (on our island counter), a 10 gallon in the wall, and a little betta tank in the bathroom. We cut back to three, but it's still a lot of work....who would've guessed all this work would be so rewarding! We watch the fish tank more than the TV and my little one loves it too!

Of coarse you don't have to be obsessed like we are to enjoy it =)
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Pick up Jim Cramers "Mad Money" book. Then get his second book. Learn, practice, practice, practice and the master his technique. In a short time of a year or so you will get it good. Then study technical analysis or chart reading. That should take another year. 10 years later you will retire a multimillionare. All other hobbies don't compare.
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    -HIKING
    -Working out
    -Reading when I'm not reading text books <3
    -Cooking and experimenting in the kitchen, especially with gluten free baked goods
    -Painting
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Wie gehen.
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Bagpiping. It's fun. I love the music and get paid to go to parties, play in bars, weddings and St. Patty's Day is off the hook. Lots of fun, good music, and I get to meet some interesting people.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    reading, photography, running, reading about running, um...and MFP ;)~
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    -Photography. Landscape, animals, macro.
    -Reading. Enjoy all kinds, but lean towards mystery & romance.
    -Movies. Comedies, and kinda getting into foreign.
    -Jewelry making. Mostly cuz nothing I liked fit, so I made my own! (Now I have to remake everything! Yea!)
    -Traveling. I thank my stars that my X & I are still good friends & we travel really well, so he's got the funds, I just tag along! :-D
    -My dog!
    -Music. Still wanting to learn the guitar! But I have music on more then TV.
    -Horses. Kinda got out of that when I sold my mare, but hoping one day to get another TWH.

I tend to get into something & buy all the gear, then fizzle out. Which is why I have a garage / closet full of various sports gear & horse tack!