Help: Breakfast Ideas

Options
Thanks for stopping by to read.

I am usually low on time in the morning and looking for healthy/quick breakfasts to enjoy other than the general cereal I have been eating as of late.

Thank you all and I appreciate any feedback

Replies

• jazminjes
    Options
    whole wheat toast with a slice of cheese! thats my usual breakfast! :) Good luck!!!
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    This is my biggest problem too. I have a hard time with milk, so I try to keep away from cereal. I am always in a rush in the mornings and fail at breakfast. I usually just end up eating an apple and some coffee for breakfast at 1030. I would appreciate any advice here too!
  • likeaphoenix28
    Options
    You can make oats ahead of time, then reheat them with a little milk or water the next day. You can do a hardboiled egg with some toast. There's also yogurt with mix-ins like fruit and granola.
  • spam85
    spam85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been having a glass of skim milk (or low fat yoghurt), a piece of fruit and a cereal bar. It has proteins, vitamins, minerals and carbs... everything you need on a breakfast on a low calorie diet :)
  • DirtbikeGal
    DirtbikeGal Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is the MOST important meal of the day. It gets you refueled from not eating for 8-10hrs from the night before. I believe that protein in each meal is a must......especially if you are weight training. Infact, its best to eat a good size breakfast and a lighter dinner.

If you have issues with milk try almond or soy milk.

Kashi go lean cereal has more protein than other cereals. 1c milk = 200 calories 10g protein.

Hard boil half dozen eggs and keep them in the refrig. x 2 140 calories 14g protein

1 scoop whey protein & 1c milk = 205 calories 24g protein (add 1c berries and 1 small bannana for smoothie and extra 150cal)

1c cottage cheese good protein, filling

Greek yogart 6oz 150 caloried 12g protein

You could take a handfull of fresh chopped musrooms & 1c spinach. Toss into pan sprayed with pam or olive oil. Add 3 eggs, cover & stir. Finish with 2T feta cheese. Approx 300 calories (depending on oil) 21g protein.

Aim for 500-600 calories if your a guy and 300-400 if your a girl. So mix and match these items to add up to your need.
  • enigrebua
    enigrebua Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have huge problems eating breakfast...I always feel queasy at that time of day so, while I'm ashamed to say it, I very, very rarely eat it. But I'm trying to change it. If I do have breakfast I have 2 Weetabix cereal bisks with skimmed milk and a chopped banana on top, sometimes with a dash of squirty honey. It tastes really good and is very healthy...takes about 5 minutes to make.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Firstly, you don't have to eat breakfast to lose weight. Some people just don't do well with it, so do what works for you.

Secondly, Quaker makes some lower-sugar instant oatmeals that are pretty tasty. You can also hard boil some eggs the night before and store them for breakfast. Toast is good. Citrus fruits (oranges, pineapples, etc.) are great in the morning as they are a little tart and wake you up.
  • AussieNikki
    AussieNikki Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have steel cut oats nearly every day for brekkie! I just add different things to it eg:

Pumpkin butter & sliced almonds
    banana and walnuts
    dried cranberries and almonds

The list goes on!
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    oatmeal, i make it with skim milk, a lot of cinnamon and splenda sweetener, it tastes amazing, i have it EVERY DAY for months already and yet every morning i wake up craving it :-) i don't wanna have another breakfast ever.
    just put splenda, cinnamon and oats together with milk in a microwave (but be careful, not too long because it becomes very hard - around 40 seconds works for me perfectly)
    add sliced banana on top of that and yum! :)
  • JoseMedina21
    JoseMedina21 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    thank you very much for the ideas, I will definitely use them
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup oatmeal with 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter and splenda, but I think I will trade the splenda out with a tablespoon of real honey, then 1/8 cup of crushed walnuts and 1 1/2 cups of 2% milk. That's my morning routine for the last 6 months
  • Gammeh
    Gammeh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oh, breakfast is the most important and the BEST meal of the day! I LOVE IT! I often plan what I'll eat the night before hah.
    Anyway, there are so many options, but what I recommend is something healthy that will make you full for a long time, like whole wheat or eggs, but my absolute winner is OATMEAL. Not instant. This little baby makes you so full, fights cholesterol and you can add any kind of fruit you want to it! I eat mine with a banana and cinnamon, but you can put apples, nuts, honey, pumpkin, pears, strawberries, anything! Totally recommending.
  • kaydensmom12
    Options
    I just drink special K protein shake. The only downside is the 18g of sugar, but if you watch sugar for the rest of the day then it is no problem. I use them for breakfast and lunch and it helped me loose 35lbs, it has 5 grams of fiber in it. quick and easy.
  • I_get_fit
    I_get_fit Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    What about....

- healthy muffins
    - english muffin or toast topped with jam, almond butter, peanut butter, honey, or cottage cheese
    - fruit & cheese & hard boiled egg
    - crustless quiche (keep in refrigerator and reheat a piece each day)
    - greek yogurt, berries, and honey
    - protein shake (fruit, yogurt, scoop of protein powder, ice)
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    My main breakfast meals are:

2 boiled eggs with 1 string cheese. 220 calories
    1 packet Nature Valley Oats N Honey granola bar (2 bars in one packet) and a string cheese. 270 calories
    1 apple, 1 boiled egg, 1 string cheese. 230 calories
    1 slice whole wheat bread with natural peanut butter. 250 calories
    2 packets instant high fiber oatmeal. 335 calories
    2 eggs scrambled, 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1 slice whole wheat bread. 300 calories
    1 grapefruit and 1 packet Nature Valley Oats N Honey granola bar. 335 calories.

Obviously you might need to eat more calories for breakfast than me, but just giving you some ideas.
  • sarahd150
    sarahd150 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My new favorite breakfast is an egg ( or egg whites sometimes) cracked into 1/2 an avocado (just crack the egg into the indentation from the pit). Add pepper and microwave 2 min. Super tasty!!
  • skmolove
    skmolove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    huummmm...i'lll have to try that. i have an avocado in the fridge...i guess you let the peel on it & then just scoop n eat?
  • liveyourlifex
    liveyourlifex Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hannahbellelechter
    Options
    I have huge problems eating breakfast...I always feel queasy at that time of day so, while I'm ashamed to say it, I very, very rarely eat it. But I'm trying to change it. If I do have breakfast I have 2 Weetabix cereal bisks with skimmed milk and a chopped banana on top, sometimes with a dash of squirty honey. It tastes really good and is very healthy...takes about 5 minutes to make.

Omg. Weetabix. I wish we had that in the US!!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    4 grain porridge. 15g protein, 180 ish cals.