Help: Breakfast Ideas

Options

Replies

• pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Who says you have to eat "breakfast foods"? I often have dinner leftovers, potato, or soup? Other times I might have fruit and nuts or nut butter or tofu, an egg, etc. but more often than not, my breakfast doesn't look like a breakfast.

Pam
  • JoseMedina21
    JoseMedina21 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Who says you have to eat "breakfast foods"? I often have dinner leftovers, potato, or soup? Other times I might have fruit and nuts or nut butter or tofu, an egg, etc. but more often than not, my breakfast doesn't look like a breakfast.

Pam

thanks pam, great idea too. i often leave leftovers sitting in the fridge too
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    My new favorite breakfast is an egg ( or egg whites sometimes) cracked into 1/2 an avocado (just crack the egg into the indentation from the pit). Add pepper and microwave 2 min. Super tasty!!

OMG! I have to try this ^^^^ this sounds great!
  • jenn_is_trouble
    Options
    My new favorite breakfast is an egg ( or egg whites sometimes) cracked into 1/2 an avocado (just crack the egg into the indentation from the pit). Add pepper and microwave 2 min. Super tasty!!

OMG! I have to try this ^^^^ this sounds great!

Ditto! Sounds awesome!
  • jenn_is_trouble
    Options
    I'm never hungry first thing in the morning and my mornings are always really rushed, so I eat breakfast when I get to work. I usually do a lower sugar instant oatmeal or a boiled egg (do them in advance) on toast. Luckily, my work has a nice kitchen with appliances, so I can make toast. Also try peanut butter on toast or bagel thins with a light cream cheese.
  • DrPepperLeigh74
    DrPepperLeigh74 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Pepperidge Farm Cinnamon swirl toast, reduced sugar apple cinnamon oatmeal with natural raw almonds mixed in is my usual.I will give some of these other great ideas a try though. Thanks everybody for wonderful ideas, yummy!!
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    During the work week my breakfast usually consists of 2 slices of high-fiber toast (either Arnold's Double Fiber or their Flax and Fiber bread) with peanut butter and some kind of jelly (lately it's been Smucker's sugar-free strawberry, but I've gone back and forth between sugar-free and regular jellies...). This tends to hold me pretty well over until mid-morning when I grab a banana for a snack.
  • kysassyblonde1
    Options
    I like to make omelets for breakfast and use the egg white beaters and just add veggies like red onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach (what ever you like), another quick and tastey treat is take a half cup of applesauce and warm it up in the microwave and then pour a small container of vanilla yogurt on it and sprinkle it with cinnamon. Quaker also makes lots of very good and low calorie low sugar oatmeals, that are fast and easy!!
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I love these breakfast ideas. Thanks!
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I like to make a breakfast scramble for the week. Usually a few eggs, a whole bunch of egg whites, sausage or turkey sausage, spinach, onions (or whatever veggies you like) and mix it all up. You can also add potatoes for carbs, but I am on low carb so I don't. Usually makes a few servings, I just put in into microwavable containers in the fridge and grab them on my way out the door. Eat with hot sauce.
  • blisterpeanuts
    blisterpeanuts Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    banana (100 cals)
    Dannon Light-n-fit 6-oz. yogurt (80)
    quart of decaf with creamer, splenda (90)

I eat breakfast at my desk; I'm usually first to work.
  • jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I usually make my breakfast for the next day in the evening when I'm putting together my lunch for the next day as well.

I'm a big fan of steel-cut oats and I often make a big pot of them on Sunday and then scoop from it during the week, I add frozen blueberries, cinnamon, cacao powder and raw coconut crystals.

Recently I tried a new thing and its working really well. I like it because you don't have to cook the oats, they're called "over-night oats". The evening before I put 1/2 cup of my favorite yogurt in a pyrex bowl (the yogurt I use is sweetened with maple syrup so I don't add any sweetener, but if you use unsweetened yogurt you may need to add some honey or raw coconut crystals or your sweetener of preference), add 1/3 cup of dry, uncooked quick oats (just rolled oats that are chopped up a bit more), 1/3 cup frozen blueberries and I also add my own concoction of chopped dried fruits and nuts (approx 1/4 cup). I put the lid on the bowl and grab it on my way to work the next morning. The oats absorb the yogurt liquids and it all turns into a nummy bowl of breakfast goodness. I should mention that the yogurt I use is runny by nature, its a very european style yogurt and not all stiff and firm like some american yogurts, so if you use an american style you may want to add some milk so the oats have more liquid to absorb.

good luck and happy eating!
    JoJo
  • JoseMedina21
    JoseMedina21 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! im gonna have some really yummy breakfasts coming up soon.
  • dreamingxpoet
    Options
    I never eat breakfast but my boyfriend just pawned this off on me and it isn't too bad. It is Carnation Breakfast Essentials, you mix it with milk and it comes in different flavors such as vanilla and dark chocolate. If you want something on the go it has protien, calcium and vitamin d. :)
  • nsdjogger
    Options
    My main breakfast meals are:

2 boiled eggs with 1 string cheese. 220 calories
    1 packet Nature Valley Oats N Honey granola bar (2 bars in one packet) and a string cheese. 270 calories
    1 apple, 1 boiled egg, 1 string cheese. 230 calories
    1 slice whole wheat bread with natural peanut butter. 250 calories
    2 packets instant high fiber oatmeal. 335 calories
    2 eggs scrambled, 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1 slice whole wheat bread. 300 calories
    1 grapefruit and 1 packet Nature Valley Oats N Honey granola bar. 335 calories.

Obviously you might need to eat more calories for breakfast than me, but just giving you some ideas.

These are great. Cereal just doesn't do it for me. Thanks.
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Protien powder+Skim Milk+ Vanilla Extract+Banana=DELISH!
  • ssunshine619
    Options
    I use shakeology from beach body. it tastes so yummy with a banana, tbs of PB2 and fattfree milk. Its also very filling so good for you!
  • weaverfit
    Options
    Qrunch burger (made from quinoa and is gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, corn-free, egg-free, wheat-free, and nut-free) 190 cals.
    with a fried egg on top (75 cals for the egg + 40 cals for 1 tsp of olive oil) Plus, first glass of water of the day. TOTAL: 305 cals.
    Very satisfying.

Oh - you just drop the qrunch burger in the toaster a couple of times to heat it up.
  • beautyreaps
    Options
    Dropping that dead food (cereal) will definitely be good for you in the long run. Seeing as the vast majority have high glycemic levels.

Anyways, here are a few of my quick breakfast meals:
    1. Chocolate Protein Shake - 1 scoop Protein Powder (Kaizen 140g 150 cals, 28g protein, 1g carb) + Unsweetened Almond Milk (1/2 cup) + 1 tbsp Organic Peanut Butter + Ice or water (add as needed) = approx. 230cals. Blend and voila! On the go breakfast. You can add a banana (half or full) for extra energy, if needed.
    2. Greek Yogurt with Fruit Compote - 100g Greek Yogurt (57cals) + Berry of choice (you can blend some with a tbsp of raw honey or a packet of Stevia to make a quick compote). You can also add some Kashi GoLean Crunch over top and have a parfait.
    3. Crepes. I make mine on the weekend and have them ready in my fridge for the week. (I make mine with coconut flour - 1 c. coconut flour, 4 egg whites, tsp vanilla ext, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 c. Almond milk/Skim, 1 packet stevia. Makes 7) You can top crepes with anything! So they're never boring and they're light on the stomach.
  • Shoechick5
    Shoechick5 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big cereal eater either. I cook up 4 or 5 slices of Canadian back bacon at a time and then microwave one each morning, whole wheat english muffin, low fat cheese slice - about 230 calories. Weekends I sometimes add an egg or just do a veggie omelet.