NO ALCOHOL OR CHOCOLATE...

Options
...UNTIL WE REACH OUR GOAL WEIGHTS...

.....who's with me???

Replies

• em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I think totally cutting things out makes me want them more! I still have whatever as long as it fits in my calorie allowance then I don't feel like I am 'on a diet' and am more likely to stick to it.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't have a goal weight but while I was losing the weight I drank wine almost every day. I don't intend to give it up for the rest of my life so why would I give it up while losing weight? Now I have the skills to maintain my loss and drink. I think if I'd have given it up I'd probably have gained some or all of the weight back by now.

I don't eat much chocolate but I think the same would be true. If you intend to eat chocolate after you lose the weight, it seems wise to learn to incorporate it into a healthy eating plan you can sustain forever.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Draconian weight loss plans aren't sustainable, at least for me.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I think this is a bad idea. If your diet isn't sustainable long-term then what's the point? Alcohol and chocolate don't hinder my weight loss so why cut them out?
  • jilliebk
    jilliebk Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    i'm in for the long run.
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh, a little part of me wishes I could do this...but the rest of me knows I do better with moderation that cutting things out...not to mention, alcohol keeps me from drowning myself in the hot tub sometimes. Best of luck to you though!
  • erin_zuk
    erin_zuk Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I've been sober 7 months and it really hasn't helped my weight loss at all.

The reason for my weight loss has been counting my calories, eating whole foods and getting lots of workouts and weight training in. Don't deprive completely yourself of things you enjoy - just cut down.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Hell no.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    ::walks in:: Bwahahahahaha. Nope sorry, can't do that. ::walks out::
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    ditto. Can't/won't/don't wanna. Plus it's not necessary!
  • MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    A life without chocolate?....say it ain't so.:cry:
  • achief192
    Options
    I'm with you on the chocolate ! :)
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I can join you on the alcohol for 4.5 months, but not the chocolate. I've already decided to give up alcohol beginning 1/2/12 while training for a 10 mile race and the warrior dash, but i'll probably have a glass of beer at the finish line in May.
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    I can do the no alcohol because I haven't drank in almost 3 years but I can't do without the chocolate. I eat it in moderation.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Not me!! :drinker: :drinker: But I am with you in spirit! :bigsmile:
  • berchen82
    Options
    I'm in... No problem with this.
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Waaaaaaah!!!! :grumble: :noway: :explode:

I know I need to do this + cut down/avoid/eliminate other things like coffee, dairy & grains.
    ALL of these things add to belly/body fat and I feel so much better when I eat well.

How about Jan.1????? Famous last words!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :love:
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    LOLOLOLOl.
    I refuse.
    I've managed to lose weight so far with alcohol and chocolate! :P
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Waaaaaaah!!!! :grumble: :noway: :explode:

I know I need to do this + cut down/avoid/eliminate other things like coffee, dairy & grains.
    ALL of these things add to belly/body fat and I feel so much better when I eat well.

How about Jan.1????? Famous last words!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :love:
    Chocolate, alcohol, coffee, dairy and grains do not cause weight gain or fat to accumulate in one part of the body rather than another.

An excess of calories causes weight gain. Your body decides where fat accumulates.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Well I don't drink so yes on the alcohol.
    The chocolate..NO way!!!!!