Im in!!
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Mmm. I eat what I want.
  • krkeefer
    krkeefer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Agreed, it's about a life style change; not fad dieting then gaining weight back. It's about making positive choices & learning to say no to the 10 extra pieces of chocolate or 3 extra drinks that didn't push me forward toward my weight loss goals, life style choices & changes. For me, it's about EVERYTHING in moderation. That's how it has to be for me personally. If you think this will make the difference for you & be the necessary ingredient for you to be successful, then I'm glad you've cracked the code. I would just feel deprived & like others, want it more! Best of Luck =)
  • RobinShay
    RobinShay Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I might be able to live without chocolate but I really look forward to my date night with the hubby and it includes beer. :)
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I know I couldn't do this, so I would just be setting myself up for failure. I could join you with a modified version like "no alcohol during the week," and no more than 1 piece of dark chocolate per day, but cold turkey on both - NO WAY....

Like many people have said, if I am within my calorie goal for the day, I feel free to indulge. Unfortunately, this past weekend, I indulged well after I met my daily calorie goal. Gotta do better this week.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    see user name....

i'm so NOT with you. :)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Im with you!! Dont drink alcohol and dont really like chocolate so lets do this!!!!:tongue:
    It doesn't count as "cutting it out" if you weren't having it in the first place...

this explains sooooooooooooooooooooooo much
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    ...UNTIL WE REACH OUR GOAL WEIGHTS...

.....who's with me???

So, you're gonna go w/ out until you reach your goal, then start again, then gain again...
    Why not just cut it out completely? Except for dark chocolate, that's healthy in moderation for your heart.
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    As I don't intend on cutting these from my life forever, I think it would be detrimental to cut them out short term, as once I reintroduced them I would be certain to put the weight back on! But good luck for your plan!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    So, you're gonna go w/ out until you reach your goal, then start again, then gain again...
    Why not just cut it out completely?
    Why not just have it in moderation?
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    see user name....

Cant do this challenge I would miss ^^^^^^^^ too much :heart:
  • ninelives58
    ninelives58 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I don't have a goal weight but while I was losing the weight I drank wine almost every day. I don't intend to give it up for the rest of my life so why would I give it up while losing weight? Now I have the skills to maintain my loss and drink. I think if I'd have given it up I'd probably have gained some or all of the weight back by now.

I don't eat much chocolate but I think the same would be true. If you intend to eat chocolate after you lose the weight, it seems wise to learn to incorporate it into a healthy eating plan you can sustain forever.

This!!

This is a "diet" plan for a lifetime of fitness, so my thinking was that I'd better figure out right from the get-go how to incorporate a moderate amount of alcohol and chocolate without allowing it to put on the pounds.
  • melissaw1232
    melissaw1232 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'll support you from afar! Good luck and be sure to post and let us know how its going
    Im eating dark chocolate hershey's kisses which arent bad. 20 cals per kiss. I just dont go over 5
  • melissaw1232
    melissaw1232 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    SO TRUE! You cant miss what you dont like or want..smh at people saying that they will give it up and dont really indulge. ha!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    If I had to give up chocolate for the next year or so, I'd end up at goal weight in jail!
  • truelypinkthing
    truelypinkthing Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Waaaaaaah!!!! :grumble: :noway: :explode:

I know I need to do this + cut down/avoid/eliminate other things like coffee, dairy & grains.
    ALL of these things add to belly/body fat and I feel so much better when I eat well.

How about Jan.1????? Famous last words!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :love:

If we cut everything out like this, surely it becomes a 'diet' and we're bound to break it. I'm all for changing my lifestyle and eating healthily, to me that means making sensible choices , cutting down the fats and salt, but not taking something out of my diet for ever. So, I'll have a glass of wine at the weekend, and the odd square of chocolate, but I'll balance it out with lots of water and a good dig in the garden......
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    see user name....

Cant do this challenge I would miss ^^^^^^^^ too much :heart:

awwww i ♥ you!!!!
  • kelseyessex
    Options
    I don’t like the taste of alcohol so for me this isn’t really something I hope to be drinking a lot of after I lose the weight either….

….as for chocolate I eat far too much so want to go cold turkey for a little while then wean myself back on once I have lost the weight – obviously counting it into my calorie intake :)

Ps I know these don’t make you gain weight it is simply overeating of calories that makes you gain weight but I want to do this to prove I have the willpower to do it and was just wondering if any of you lovely people wanted to join in? add me as a friend if you want to join me :)
  • raindropwishes
    Options
    That's just begging me to go on a raging binge of chocolaty alcohol fueled death.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    If you can cut it out completely, then you can have it in moderation.. just saying.

I also will not be partaking in this challenge.. because I work with high school kids and lord only knows how much you want to drink and eat chocolate after working with them for a day..