SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Antonella
  • Munque
    Munque Posts: 123
    Options
    I love the name Sophia/Sophie too.

My name is Ellisa (el - lissa)
    My girls are Delyna Unique, Evyn Denea, Kaitlyn Audra-Faye and Daryan Rayne, you're welcome to use any of them if you'd like.
  • amandadia
    amandadia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Have you seen that Friends episode where they are going back and forth naming the baby? :)
    I think Ava is a great name, London, Austen (boy or girl, spelled like Jane Austen's name). My cousin named her baby Ivan Alexander (after a metallica guitarist). We love to know where our parents got our names from: a movie (I am named after an actress), a relative, a city. If you can think of something that you love and connect that with your child that would be Awesome!:smile:
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    My guidelines for naming my boys was a family name for the middle name, and a name with good meaning for the first. My eldest means God's peace growing, and my second is Who is Like the Lord Well Loved. Also- since our last name is complicated to pronounce and/or spell, I gave them first names that were easy to pronounce and spell so everyone would get part of their name right!

So why not get a list of names of the grandmas, great grandmas and great-great grandmas and see if there are any other popular names in the family and choose from there? Something that rings, something that goes with your last name, etc.
  • asamuels85
    asamuels85 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    my advice, blend two that you both like.. Averess? hahah just saying?
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I think people have gone so far out of their way to find unique names for their kids that some of them are just down right ridiculous. Keep in mind this child will grow up eventually so you want it to be name they want be embarrassed by. I tried to give my kids names that I thought weren't that common and now it seems like everyone is a Katie or a Taylor. I had reasons for picking these names thought, not just because I liked them. My kids are named after people.

Good luck in your search and I am sure you will pick something wonderful. For a girl I really like Emily and I am sorry but I have no good suggestions for a boy.
  • Iwillbemeagain
    Options
    I like Ella
  • Iwillbemeagain
    Options
    I love Ashley thats my daughters name!
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Here are a few of our hates and likes....

I like Ashlyn, Emberlei, Avery, Felicia, Brooklyn, Mataya, Madison - He hates them all.

He likes Rockel, Mercedes, Cypress - I don't like any of them.

Only nicknames I could come up with for the ones you listed were: Ash, Brook, Madi but they all sound good when yelled.
    For the names he listed, I could NOT come up with a single nickname & none of them sound good when yelled.
    I also agree with a family name for a middle name.

My cousin just named her daughter Harley & I think that is cute.

Good luck.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    12621059.jpg
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi, my daughter is Millie shannon xx
  • sunnyskyjb
    sunnyskyjb Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Genevieve. nickname: Evie.
  • harrietlg
    Options
    lara or ellie are my favourites :)
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    Love the name Carson for a girl
  • carrie145
    Options
    I love Ava and Abigail. My first choice for my daughter though was Micayla.
  • Sunshine_Bettie
    Options
    I know you already have TONS of help here, but my name is Elaine. I've only met 2 other Elaines (they were old), but it's not entirely uncommon for a middle name. Serenity is also a pretty name
  • staceyb2003
    staceyb2003 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    My daughter's name is Courtlyn. We combined two we voting for Courtney and Caitlyn. You can always make a name out of someone who is special to you, like a grandparent etc. You can use a maiden name from someone special to.
  • rdvincent
    Options
    I like Emmalee, Evelyn and Kirby
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids...but as a former teacher....if it's at all possible, PLEASE do not give your child some really unusually-spelled name that will be difficult for the teacher to pronounce and for the child to learn to write :wink:

Also, think about what the child's initials will be... Mine are E.Z. I survived MANY jokes growing up with that :huh: I don't think my parents quite thought that through :smile:
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    My kids -are Damian and Athena