Replies

• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Not often enough! :cry:
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I havent had red meat in soooooooo long? It used to make me feel bad, so I stopped eating it. But the taste of red meat is bliss. I want a burger and steak, something serious. Lol. I would like to know how often people on here take in red meat? To help me gauge my intake.
    I eat it twice every week - a steak and burger. LOVE IT!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I aim for twice a day.
  • soccer8s
    soccer8s Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    At least 4 days a week...would do it everyday, but....I throw some chicken or fish in there instead!
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    one to four times a week, usually like three times or so, and i eat half of the portion i used to, that helps! when making dinner for us, i use like one piece of meat to feed three of us and make lots of veg and rice/noodles or whatev i have
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    The only red meat I eat anymore is bison. It's delicious and super lean!
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I eat red meat a lot, and all of my vitals, including cholesterol and blood pressure, are just fine. It's a great source of iron, B vitamins and protein. Lean cuts of beef, like sirloin, have about the same amount of calories as chicken breast once you've trimmed all visible fat, too. I don't have any problems digesting it, but to each her (or his) own. :)
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I eat red meat 2-4 times a week on average. I usually get the very lean ground beef and/or the leanest cuts of steak I can find.
    I eat chicken and turkey slightly more often than red meat and, if you count tuna, I have fish at least 4-5 days a week.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I havent had red meat in soooooooo long? It used to make me feel bad, so I stopped eating it. But the taste of red meat is bliss. I want a burger and steak, something serious. Lol. I would like to know how often people on here take in red meat? To help me gauge my intake.

well dude? you still want to guage your intake from us folk? ha.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I used to eat far less of it, but crave it intensely since lifting heavy. I had the best t-bone last night! It's a great source of protein, but the saturated fat content is high. I try to limit it, but not avoid it. I probably average 2 times a week.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    2 or 3 times a week
  • shack1157
    shack1157 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Maybe once every couple months! I don't miss it at all!
  • digitalsteel
    digitalsteel Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I am following something akin to the primal diet, I eat meat every meal of every day. Bacon, ground beef, steaks, ribs, you name it. However I order my meat from a farm I trust. Organic, free range and grass fed.
  • nickyskins
    nickyskins Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    i SWITCHED FROM RED MEAT TO MORE FISH.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I eat fish almost every day... usually at breakfast, but sometimes lunch and dinner too.

I eat lamb about 2-3 times a week, chicken about 2-3 times a week and beef maybe once a fortnight. Don't eat pork that often, but do have ham about 2-3 times a week, either for breakfast or lunch.

you might find that you'll need to break yourself gently back into eating something you haven't had for a while as your body might no longer be used to it.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Roughly twice a week for dinner, but usually only once where it is the focus of the meal. We might eat a steak one week and a hamburger the next, and our other dinner will be something where we might eat more like 2-3 oz each: pork and veggie stirfry, steak fajitas heavy on the peppers, minestrone soup with ham broth, lamb stew, that kind of thing. DBF eats more as he will often have ham or roast beef sandwiches during the day, where I have a tuna fish or pb&j.

I do most of the cooking and he will not eat seafood, so I try to split our meals up with a couple red meat, a couple poultry, and a couple vegetarian or very nearly so (may have something with ff chicken broth on "vegetarian night". It makes for a nice variety of healthy foods, and it is also pretty inexpensive.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Going back to the question of what cuts do I typically eat...

Beef
    - flank steak
    - skirt steak
    - lean sirloin
    - london broil (rarely, as it's expensive)
    - chuck - roast or ground
    - hamburger - get this from a family farm and it's 95-98% lean

Bison
    - ground

Lamb
    - Chops
    - ground (really, really awesome served with tzatziki sauce, onions, lettuce, tomatoes on pita bread)
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    few times a week; usually roast beef.
  • sporter5
    sporter5 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    We buy the big chunk of top sirloin from Costco and then cut it up at home, trimming it even more, and then cutting it into the size steaks, roasts, stir fry chunks, etc that we want. Cost efficient too. We eat a lot of ground beef. We brown it all at once, drain off the grease, and then freeze it in 1 lb portions.

I love love love this idea,, thanks for sharing!
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I don't eat it very often. I typically eat chicken or fish. I tend to eat it a lot more in the summer when I've got the grill out.