Best Protein Powder

Options

Replies

• trishadams
    trishadams Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i really like the jay robb whey protein i have been taking. it's expensive but has such a great taste. i have the chocolate and going to get the pina colada next. i have heard that about optimum but not ready to make the switch yet.

I recently switched from muscle milk light to Jay Robb Whey Protein as well...it's all natural and tastes fantastic. 110 cals, 25g protein, 1g carb, 0g sugar, 0g cholestrol, 0g fat. It is sweetened wtih Stevia. I still can't believe how good it tastes. I prefer the vanilla, but also like pina colada. Not crazy about chocolate, but I then haven't found a chocolate protein powder that I do like.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I really like Myofusion (157 cals for 25g of protein). The chocolate is great. I haven't tried the vanilla, but I'm sure its good. Cookies and cream is my favorite though.

I second this! I love Myofusion Milk Chocolate... Tastes like liquid pudding when mixed with milk!

I've heard only good things about the other flavors.. plus its cheap. It's only 20 dollars for a 2 pound tub.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I found an article and essentially it described protein as such:

Whey Isolate - lower in calories, more pure protein. Most expensive

Whey blend - Slightly higher in calorie than isolate, but less expensive.

whey concentrate - least expensive, highest in calories. Usually for the person trying to bulk up with a higher calorie intake.
  • fasttrack27
    Options
    I use Jay Robb chocolate and vanilla. They both taste pretty good. It's more expensive but worth it to me.

Same here. Jay Robb has less sugar and other 'stuff' than others we've found yet tastes great. Highly recommend it.
  • mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I am partial to Jay Robb's whey protein powders. They seem to pack the most protein for your (caloric) buck at 25 grams of protein and 110 calories per serving. They also mix well- my old protein powder liked to clump. I have tried the vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate and have liked them all.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Another Jay Robb fan here - great taste, mixes well and has no additives. I keep a container with vanila, a container with chocolate and a container with psyllum seed husks all by my personal blender and that's my breakfast. Also Jay Robb has some really good shake recipies. I do frozen fruit with vanilla in the morning and do my chocolate ones for a snack in the evening. Good luck!
  • rockchalkgrove
    rockchalkgrove Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've tried many protein powders. The absolute BEST tasting to me is Lifetime Fitness brand. It's pretty expensive though ($40). About 5 months ago, I switched over to GNC Amplified. It doesn't take as great as Lifetime Fitness, but it breaks down a lot faster. Here's a secret...Sam's Club sells them for $18. GNC sells the same protein for about $20 MORE!!
  • bloodguilt
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition is one of the best whey protein in the market. I am currently using Dymatize Elite and it taste great!
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I can never tell which type of protein powder is better: whey or soy.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options

I find soy protein to be very chalky - generally a gemma pea/brown rice blend is great if you aren't consuming dairy.
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I too am a huge Jay Robb fan. Like others have said, it's more expensive but soo worth the taste. I LOVE my chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie. It is so good and filling.
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm a diabetic so no sugar is a must for me. The best one I've found is Nectar. I like the vanilla and choc (and many of the other flavors) but just buy the vanilla lately. If I'm making a chocolate smoothie, I add dark choc powder (no sugar again) and I'm good to go. Its expensive so I like to be flexible with how I use it.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I always liked Muscle milk but since I discovered I'm allergic to dairy, I like organic pea protein or brown rice protein, I got them at Publix.
  • 1ArmyMom1
    Options
    Jay Robb egg white protein powder in vanilla... made with stevia (best sweetener for you)... I love it!
  • 1ArmyMom1
    Options

The best I have had that I feel is the best for me as well is egg white protein powder... Jay Robb had a great one made w/stevia
  • MRAE00
    Options
    Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein by Optimum: Bodybuilding.com

This is the best I've had, and let me tell you, I have tried many.

It's 120 Calories per Scoop, 24G of Protein 1G of Sugar and only 4Carbs!
  • AP2o12
    AP2o12 Posts: 20
    Options
    Jay Robb egg white protein powder in vanilla... made with stevia (best sweetener for you)... I love it!

This! It's the most natural I've found, tastes great, and 120 cals for 24g of protein!
  • bbabs93
    Options
    Isopure has the best Protein/Calorie ratio. Vanilla has no carbs/sugar, Chocolate has 1g I believe. Taste isn't the best, but it's very good.
  • CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I use EAS Soy Protien Powder. It is sweet and comes in chocolate and is good in water or fat free milk or soy milk so :) makes me happy!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I have fallen in love with GNC AMP 100% Whey Cookies and Cream. I actually mix it with some coffee, 2 Tbs of half and half and 1tsp of vanilla and it is like having a frappacino from a coffee place!