5'5" Woman Goal Weight?

Options
I am trying to figure out my final goal weight and could use some help. I have researched so many charts and they are all so different so, would like to get the opinions of some MFPals as to what you have set as your goal weight? I am a 5'5" woman and am 44 years old. I am small-medium frame. If some of you are similar please share your goal weight with me. Thanks for your help!

Replies

• SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    5'5", age 40, my fighting weight is 125-130 (I do lift weights).
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    For me I would be happy any where between 130-140.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    5'5", age 40 and I will be happy at 140
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    honestly my goal is just to get into a healthy BMI (under150) and then decide from there. Most likely I wont go much below that, maybe 140-145, because I like to have curves. I have been lower than that before and look at pics of myself and don't like it.
  • JJinWI
    JJinWI Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Age 44 here. I'm 5'6". My goal weight is 130-135. I am currently 165. (currently losing inches, but not pounds)
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I am trying to figure out my final goal weight and could use some help. I have researched so many charts and they are all so different so, would like to get the opinions of some MFPals as to what you have set as your goal weight? I am a 5'5" woman and am 44 years old. I am small-medium frame. If some of you are similar please share your goal weight with me. Thanks for your help!

Suzy,

I'm 5' 4.5", small-framed, and 45 years old. You are right about the charts being so widely varied. Everything I've read says I should be between 107-147. Wow! What a stretch! Anyway, my goal weight is 130. But when I start getting close, if it needs to be adjusted, then I'll adjust it. I think the huge difference in the weight ranges on the charts have to do with body frame, muscle vs. fat, that sort of thing IMO.
  • sorrelduncan
    sorrelduncan Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    5'4" and 40 - goal weight 125
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Im 5'5 with a medium frame (bottom heavy all my life). My goal weight is 130. I have 95 pounds to go! Ugghhhh
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I once read, for women 100 pounds at 5 foot. Then add 5 pounds for every inch after that. Which makes the ideal weight 125 for a 5'5" woman. But everyone is different. My friend and I wore the same size clothes but she looked chubby and I didnt. My thin weight was 125 (30 years ago) hers was 116. She had small frame, I have medium.

I would probably be thrilled with anything under 150 at age 47. I am 5'5"
  • Kazimira
    Kazimira Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'5' with small/medium frame. I am 35yrs old. I have a booty and I like to be around 135. I once got down to 125 and that was too light with my hip bones protruding. Even at around 130-135 I have some people who have made mention of me being too thin. But for me 135lbs gets me slim enough and leaves the jiggling in all the right places. I have currently been maintaining 140lbs for about 4months and now that the holidays are behind us, I'm ready to drop those last 5lbs. :)
    Good luck finding your happy weight!
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm technically 5'5 3/4" and my goal weight was 130. I am a medium frame.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5.5" and my goal weight is 130 lbs. I am medium frame. I am 34
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" with a small frame. Until recently (last 10 years) I've been mostly naturally small all my life.

My goal is anywhere in the 120's as I now exercise and my body has changed (for the better). I don't want to ge back to being 110 as I previously thought I wanted.
  • jeni_Giedd
    Options
    I'm 54 and 5'5" and started at 204 pounds. My initial goal is to get to 160, but I'd like to be closer to 150. At 160, I want to start running again, but I don't want to put undue stress and strain on my knees b y running now with 40 extra pounds slamming down. I blew out a knee three years ago and don't want to reinjure it.
  • dancer4evermsu2
    dancer4evermsu2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and going for 140.... I am a dance teacher though and have quite a bit of muscle on my legs. So 140 for me is going to be really trim. I think its like others have said though.... set a goal at the high end of the range and adjust once you get closer if you arent where you want to be. Good luck!
  • enigrebua
    enigrebua Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft5 also but I have a very heavy/naturally muscley body type for a woman, so I will be very, very happy to get down to 147. The last time I was 147 I was a very comfortable and slim size 10 UK (I'm a 14 UK at the moment and want to lose 40lbs). If I'd have toned up I would have been able to lose more but at that point it was unrealistic because of the lifestyle I had.
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 3/4" and right now my goal weight is somewhere around 140 pounds. I'm about 10 pounds away from that at the moment, and once I get there, then I will decide if I'm done. I have a medium frame.
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and have a fairly small frame - when I weighed 148 I looked awful. I'm currently at 130 and pretty happy. I wouldn't want to go below 125 though. I was at 117 once and someone asked me if I was okay because I looked "Mary Kate and Ashley thin" (I was losing weight due to a medication I was on at the time).
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 4 3/4" and 42 years old. My goal weight was 135 but I kept losing. I looked pretty good at 135 and could have stopped there, but was still a little pudgy and thick looking around the middle. I look best between 120 and 125. I have gone as low as 118 recently and didn't look too thin. I have a very small frame.