5'5" Woman Goal Weight?

Options

Replies

• bmacholiday
    bmacholiday Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Realistically, at 5' 5" and 46 years old I'd be happy to get to 150. I've tried and succeeded in the past to go lower, but it was impossible to maintain.
  • Pigsfly2b
    Pigsfly2b Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Your very first response had the clue. The question is not, what should be your goal weight, but what goal weight at what condition? Years ago I was 132 and my friend Diane's sister was 133. She wore a size 16 and I wore a size 3...because I was working out and she wasn't. I'm 5'5" and small framed. My ideal weight (the one my body feels best at ), is 115-130 (changes if I'm working out a little or a lot). IMHO - use your common sense and listen to your body.
  • mudya
    mudya Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 with a large frame size and my goal weight is 150lbs to get myself into the healthy bmi range. Once I reach this weight I'll continue to lose more to lose any extra flab
  • dash317
    Options
    I am 5'4", and 41 yrs old. I have learned through the yrs that I am most comfortable at around 135. That is a size 8-10 for me. Under that is hard for me to maintain without having to think about weight all the time. I feel good up to 150 but once I hit that point my facial features show my weight and my body generally shows other signs of over eating and inactivity.
  • roxyblack
    roxyblack Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5, 26 years old & medium framed. My current weight ranges from 125 to 130 ( I use to weigh almost 170/size 12). I would love to be in the 117-120 range. My advice is just listen to your body... you'll know when you reach a weight that not only looks great on you but is maintainable : )
  • Zee48
    Zee48 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5", 63 yr old (as today) and my goal weight is 140 - 145#. I got down to 138# and really looked skinny. At 140 - 145# I feel good and feel like I look good. I have done several site searches and checked with my doctors (PCP, Cardiologist & GYN) and everything I have found gives 120 - 150# as an average ideal weight for our height. BUT it depends on you personally, your body build, your medical standing and where you & your doctors feel comfortable for you.

Just use your good feelings about where you are feeling and looking healthy.
  • charlotteandalfie
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and currently weight 116lbs but 120 was my gw when I first started but still looked heavy omy frame so lost a few more lbs and I'm happy now xx
  • Ashley121205
    Ashley121205 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 as well and my mini-goal is to be 150 (currently 159) although my ultimate goal is 140. In my adult life I've never been below 150 and I looked good then :) Sometimes the charts seem a little off to me. I think I have maybe a medium to larger frame and if I was 107 I'd look extremely unhealthy !!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Hi! :) I am 19, 5'5, and currently weigh about 130 thanks to the holidays, haha, but before was at 127. When I started MFP I was about 150, and wanted to reach 125. However, right now I have my goal set to 120. If I can, I'd love to reach it, but if not, anywhere between 120-130 is fine with me. I know the scale isn't everything, because I can tell when I've lost weight, and I have a lot of muscle. Hope this helps!
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"5' and 36, and my goal weight would be 140. I made it down to 160 once, though, and was really happy with how I looked. I'd be thrilled to see anything between that, trust me. But I've a loooooong way to go.
  • katismiles
    katismiles Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and 18 my goal is 120. I'm 126 now, but I started at about 140.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and 39, and feel best between 125-135, although once I got around that weight, I stopped caring what the scale said and went more by how clothes fit and how I looked in pictures.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 . When I was 20 I was 125. The older the more weight. At 57 I was 150 to 155 and wore a 7/8. I looked great. I got compliments. I know someone who is my age and 120, she looks bulimic. I truly believe it is about age, not frame. When you are older, too thin, like long hair ages you. I hated cutting my hair, but these are the things we must do to look younger. I am sorry I didn't look at your age!!!
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I am 54 and 5'5 1/2" tall with medium frame and thicker legs. I started at 205 pounds. My current goal is 135, but I may go for 130. I am currently 138.8 so just a few pounds left! I bought 3 dresses the other day. 2 cocktail dresses were a size 4 and a size 8 and the other dress was a 6. They were all form fitting and looked great! I also bought 2 pair of trousers in a size 4, but the waist was a bit big.

I am working towards ramping up my strength training (again) so hope to be filling out some of my sagging skin over time and losing some of the flab still.

I am eating mostly a veggie diet and will continue with it forever, so don't think I'll have a problem maintaining. I feel GREAT! = D
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" , 48 years old and currently weigh 133. My goal was about 138, and I kept loosing! I don't really want to lose anymore, as I'm a lil scrawny right now, and am upping my cals. to help build some muscle. Hope this helps.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and almost 31 years old with a medium frame. My goal is 140. I have been stuck between 150-160 for 2 years, but my ultimate goal is 140. I got down to 146 for a month or so, and hubby wasn't sure that looked that good on me, but I definitely have jiggling spots I need to tone up.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I am trying to figure out my final goal weight and could use some help. I have researched so many charts and they are all so different so, would like to get the opinions of some MFPals as to what you have set as your goal weight? I am a 5'5" woman and am 44 years old. I am small-medium frame. If some of you are similar please share your goal weight with me. Thanks for your help!

You should get your bodyfat tested and work on getting to a BF% you want, not a specific weight.
  • likeaphoenix28
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5" and my goal weight is 150. Im currently 240, so I have a lot to lose. I think I have a medium frame. I'm 28 years old.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    not sure if this helps...but i am 32, small/med framed... 5'4" and going for 122-125. if i were an inch taller would probably do 127-130?
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and TOTALLY undecided. I'm at 198 right now and wear a size 14. I'd like to be a size 8 or 10, so right now my goal is set to 170. I have ALWAYS looked like I weighed much less than I actually do. Right now, people typically think I'm 170. I have no number, but I figure it will be somewhere between 150-170. I'm really interested in decreasing body fat more than reaching a certain weight.